Replies

• tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    SSrntHm.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    :laugh: This is still going....deary me.

I wonder how long ago the OP abandoned thread?

Abandon-Thread-snail_zpsbfb020d2.gif
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I had a #13 last night. It was good. I lived to tell about it. My pants size didn't move.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Without reading all the responses, I have to say that a trip to Mc D's every so often is not going to hurt anyone. I go there with the kids maybe once every other month, and I don't worry a bit about the calories or nutrition because I consider it a treat, a splurge. I wouldn't think to eat there daily for more than an handful of reasons.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It's Burger King Saturday.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

I like BK better. McD's is only good for breakfast IMO :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    BK Tendercrisp is awesome. And the Whopper is easily the best drive through burger.

Popeye's tonight for me though!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

I like BK better. McD's is only good for breakfast IMO :)

BK is wayz better. Those awful chicken sandwiches are awfully awesome.
  • kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Options
    Once in 5 years? Enjoy your Mickey D's girlfriend. You deserve a cheat day- heck anyone does. Deprivation is a major reason diets don't work!

Gotta live
  • Tom_Jones74
    Tom_Jones74 Posts: 108
    Options
    I gave up fast food about 15 years ago, apart from the occasional pizza. Once you stop eating it for long enough, you realize it doesn't taste very good. Same with most processed foods. I used to love junk peanut butter until I switched to 100% pure peanut butter and now I can't touch the junk stuff, it tastes like a mouthful of oil/icing sugar.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    So sorry, poor you.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    EVERY time I go I order a 10 piece nugget meal and I can because I worked out at my gym that day...... I don't go there unless it's a gym day so never on the weekend.......
  • Tom_Jones74
    Options
    "So sorry, poor you."

That was directed towards someone else right? No need to feel bad for me.
  • Penny427
    Penny427 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Eating at McDonald's?

Apparently, some people have no interest in being "elite".

Besides, everyone knows that fast food calories are a ticking time-bomb of death. I hope that burger is worth the inevitable 5-8+ years you're cutting off of your life.
    But if those are the end of your life, those years arent any good anyway LOL kidding! I still have fast food occasionally I just watch the calories.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    "So sorry, poor you."

I can't speak for her, but I feel bad for you :laugh:

If I stopped loving Taco Bell and pizza I'd be a sad panda.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Coming in at page 19 on a slow day, all I can say is that I am happy it is March.

Shamrock shakes are awesome.
  • Tom_Jones74
    Options
    "So sorry, poor you."

I used to love the smell and taste of cigarettes as well. People feel bad for me that I quit?

Why feel bad for someone who only thought they enjoyed something because they had tricked their body into thinking it tasted good? Once I stopped eating that junk food, and quit smoking, I realized that both tasted disgusting. :happy:
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about it lately. The funny thing is, in the last five years I've only been there once, and that was in Japan. And that was before I gave a flying rats behind about calories. I just did not like it, did not like that fast food smell and could not bring myself to eat it.

Now, after a month of clean living, I want it.
    I mean a cosi salad is 600 calories and I can get a crispy fried chicken for that.
    Egg McMuffin is only 300? My breakfast of yogurt, nuts and fruit is over that (really, take a look).
    Small fries are only 230??? That's crazy.

I'd certainly feel a lot more full eating there. But is it crazy?
    '
    There is 9calories in a gram of fat, so that is why you get less food. It is not the good fat either. If your only concern is calories and weight loss than sure it is going to be OK if it is under your calories. However, from a nutrition standpoint fast food has been know to cause a slew of other issues. High cholesterol, thyroid issues, the chemicals used in processing can cause some cancers, Also you get trans fat, chemicals, and high fructose corn syrup to name a few. No one is a food angel, so occasionally sure sometimes you can eat it, but don't be convinced that it is OK for your body.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about it lately. The funny thing is, in the last five years I've only been there once, and that was in Japan. And that was before I gave a flying rats behind about calories. I just did not like it, did not like that fast food smell and could not bring myself to eat it.

Now, after a month of clean living, I want it.
    I mean a cosi salad is 600 calories and I can get a crispy fried chicken for that.
    Egg McMuffin is only 300? My breakfast of yogurt, nuts and fruit is over that (really, take a look).
    Small fries are only 230??? That's crazy.

I'd certainly feel a lot more full eating there. But is it crazy?
    '
    There is 9calories in a gram of fat, so that is why you get less food. It is not the good fat either. If your only concern is calories and weight loss than sure it is going to be OK if it is under your calories. However, from a nutrition standpoint fast food has been know to cause a slew of other issues. High cholesterol, thyroid issues, the chemicals used in processing can cause some cancers, Also you get trans fat, chemicals, and high fructose corn syrup to name a few. No one is a food angel, so occasionally sure sometimes you can eat it, but don't be convinced that it is OK for your body.

this. it's fine to do every now and again, but that doesn't mean it's a GOOD choice. it's simply that bad choices aren't the end of the world every once in a while.|

I had chicken + waffles AND a pulled pork sandwich today... at the same time... woof
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    "So sorry, poor you."

ours now has a cool ranch doritos locos taco. I must investigate.