McDonalds?

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I used to eat there a lot now I try to limit myself to a naughty cheeseburger once every 2weeks or so,

The thing with maccies is, especialyl since the made it a bit more low cal.
    you eat it and are hungry again 15mins later like you ate nothing, so end up eating a normal filling meal as well as the greasy fatty burger if you are not careful. Or have to feel hungry until the next day when you have cals to use up again, or try exercise it off on that hungry feeling - all of which suck

I agree that even though a cheeseburger is only 300 calories, you still feel hungry. I can eat a small salad with it and feel better, but still not much food...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    For everyone else's benefit, "pink slime" is not used in any product from McDonald's.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    I'm having a full on craving! I'll go for lunch tomorrow. Have a cheeseburger (300) and small fries (230). Or a single crispy chicken ranch BLT. (540)

Who am I turning into? I used to be too snobby for junk food :o
    But they post calories, and places I would love to go to for a cheat meal don't!!!! *sobs*

I haven't had mcdonalds in about three years and, now that they post calories I doubt I ever will.

I used to have a fruit and walnut salad while the kids had their happy meals.

They're taking that off the menu as well as the grilled chicken so I guess my Mickey D's days are over.
  • jonnythan
    I'm having a full on craving! I'll go for lunch tomorrow. Have a cheeseburger (300) and small fries (230). Or a single crispy chicken ranch BLT. (540)

Who am I turning into? I used to be too snobby for junk food :o
    But they post calories, and places I would love to go to for a cheat meal don't!!!! *sobs*

I haven't had mcdonalds in about three years and, now that they post calories I doubt I ever will.

I used to have a fruit and walnut salad while the kids had their happy meals.

They're taking that off the menu as well as the grilled chicken so I guess my Mickey D's days are over.

Their grilled chicken isn't going anywhere. It's the Chicken Selects that are getting cut.
  • kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Once in 5 years? Enjoy your Mickey D's girlfriend. You deserve a cheat day- heck anyone does. Deprivation is a major reason diets don't work!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I posted this on my wall, but I'm adding it to this thread where it belongs:

"I'm not a big fan of McDonald's...just not something I "crave"...(could be from how much I ate there many years ago)...but the myths people use to justify their vilification of the place really annoy me. Say you won't eat there because you don't like the taste, or even that you believe the quality of their food is less than you would prefer...that's fine, I get that...but stop with the easily-debunked BS. /soapbox"

There. I feel better now. Carry on.

:flowerforyou:
  • I admit, I love the taste of McDonald's, but I try not to think about how their food is made when I eat there. I used to work there. I also used to work at Wendy's. Wendy's is WAY better. Their food is freshly made to order when you order it. They make their own chili! Not kidding! It's not canned. I used to make it. They make their own baked potatoes from actual, fresh potatoes. They make their own salads, not prepackaged. At least when I worked there 20 years ago they did. McDonald's premakes all their stuff and then nukes it in the microwave. Ugh.
  • jonnythan

"I'm not a big fan of McDonald's...just not something I "crave"...(could be from how much I ate there many years ago)...but the myths people use to justify their vilification of the place really annoy me. Say you won't eat there because you don't like the taste, or even that you believe the quality of their food is less than you would prefer...that's fine, I get that...but stop with the easily-debunked BS. /soapbox"

No kidding. People are willing to believe absolutely anything about McDonald's.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Even when I ate meat, McDonalds wasn't a favourite. I preferred Burger King. You know what I do like about McDonalds though? Grimace. I love that guy!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Eat it. You'll be ok.
  • jonnythan
    I love how people just disappear when you correct them about some ludicrous lie about McDonald's.

No doubt they will show up in some other thread with the same misinformation
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    I prefer Culvers.
  • Bubsys_mom
    Bubsys_mom Posts: 124 Member
    Or the experiment with the McD hamburger and fries that has been sitting on a plate for two years without rotting?

I never liked McDonald's anyway, but after seeing that experiment a couple years ago, it made me hate it even more. If I am going to "cheat" I rather spend less money for more and go get me a baconator from Wendy's. lol

Then you may be interested to learn that the exact same thing happens to a burger made at home. I posted the link on this page proving it.

Didn't see it till after I posted. lol I still hate McDonald's regardless. Maybe it is because where I live, I always had bad experiences with undercooked food, walking in and the floors are so greasy and I feel like I am swimming in it. The play area always smelling like urine. Yeah....
  • Carpaydeeum
    Carpaydeeum Posts: 116
    My experience with 10 years of living on fast food then quitting in october...has been that fast food and snack food creates spikes and severe drops in blood sugar. It also give my system a "hit" or high amount of sugar, fat or salt that my body likes but can only replicate through more fast food. And once I get my hit i want it again. And there is a nice cycle this sets up of a hit of sweet that leads to a hit of salty that leads to a hit of fatty that leads to a hit of sweet...and so the cycle goes....

For me, I do much better to keep to more "real" foods and keep things balanced, to flatten out the roller coaster.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    I don't generally like McDonald's but their McMuffins are awesome, when I was living in Japan I'd eat them regularly before hikes because one cannot live on fish and rice alone! Of course, now that I'm back in the U.S. I have better options, like Wendy's.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Look at how the food there is processed (especially the meat! -> http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2012/01/mcdonalds-pink-slime.jpeg ) and you'll never want to eat there again ^^

http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    If your having a craving then go ahead & eat it.......you probabley won't want it again for awhile after you do. No harm done!

I was running late the other day and stopped to get my kids a happy meal. ( I know not the best choice) but my 4 year old said "thanks mommy for buying us an unhealthy meal".....at least they know its not healthy & is a only once in a blue moon thing!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Even when I ate meat, McDonalds wasn't a favourite. I preferred Burger King. You know what I do like about McDonalds though? Grimace. I love that guy!

:love:
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    I prefer Culvers.

Mm, Culver's. Butterburgers and frozen custard. Can't go wrong with that!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

QFT, seriously

If you don't want it, don't eat it. I generally don't.

But since the OP does want it, stop the scaremongering already.

OP just work it into your calorie goal, eat it and don't feel guilty.