McDonalds?

Options

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Even when I ate meat, McDonalds wasn't a favourite. I preferred Burger King. You know what I do like about McDonalds though? Grimace. I love that guy!

I always liked the Fry Kids!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I prefer Culvers.

Mm, Culver's. Butterburgers and frozen custard. Can't go wrong with that!

And cheese curds!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    An Egg McMuffin is a single fresh egg, an English muffin, a piece of ham, and a slice of cheese. What on earth could be wrong with that?
    You forget that it's drenched in ZOMG! PANIC EVIL FOOD! sauce. Which adds calories.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm having a full on craving! I'll go for lunch tomorrow. Have a cheeseburger (300) and small fries (230). Or a single crispy chicken ranch BLT. (540)

Who am I turning into? I used to be too snobby for junk food :o
    But they post calories, and places I would love to go to for a cheat meal don't!!!! *sobs*

I haven't had mcdonalds in about three years and, now that they post calories I doubt I ever will.

I used to have a fruit and walnut salad while the kids had their happy meals.

They're taking that off the menu as well as the grilled chicken so I guess my Mickey D's days are over.

Their grilled chicken isn't going anywhere. It's the Chicken Selects that are getting cut.

Well that's good to know.Guess I could eat that without the bun.

A co-worker is trying to get me to watch "Forks over knives".Says I'll never let my kids eat chicken nuggets again.

I'm not sure I even want to know....
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It's not crazy to have a craving here and there. And it's not crazy to give in to that craving here and there.
    I have a hard time stopping once I give in but I make up for it the next day.
    My mood also changes when I eat crap food but I still do it!
    Whatever keeps you sane, is ok.
    And did I mention, NOT crazy?
    ;)
    Enjoy!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    McDs.jpg
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    um yes, stay away... On the other hand that bier und brezel you are holding look spectacular. Fantastische
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    NO. Never. The service is generally horrible. The food itself is mediocre at best. If you want two patties, mustard only, goood luck. You'll get it with cheese, send it back, get it without the cheese but with ketchup ( which I absolutwely detest), send it back again and get another wrong order, until you tell them " I want two patties on a bun and I'll add my own mustard. No plastic cheese, lettuce, cardboard tomato slice, or any nasty condiments. Just bun and two patties", and then MAYBE they won't screw it up. I once had to send my order ( exceedingly simple, right? Two patties on a bun, nothing else?) THREE TIMES before those morons got it right. If you want a burger ten minutes before the "breakfast" menu goes off, you can't get it. No burger although they are right there, not until the appointed time to switch from breakfast to lunch. These incidents actually happened to me. I've a lifelong boycott with the place.
    KFC, on the other hand, best fried chicken ever, and I love fried chicken. I've only had it once since starting this program, and that was one piece. (sigh...)
  • kcobb268
    kcobb268 Posts: 85
    Options
    Every now and then you just need to give into your cravings. You're doing it the smart way though: planning it out, thinking it through, and making sure it will fit into your diet.

Go for it. Just don't make it a regular habit and you'll be fine.

Ditto.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    NO. Never. The service is generally horrible. The food itself is mediocre at best. If you want two patties, mustard only, goood luck. You'll get it with cheese, send it back, get it without the cheese but with ketchup ( which I absolutwely detest), send it back again and get another wrong order, until you tell them " I want two patties on a bun and I'll add my own mustard. No plastic cheese, lettuce, cardboard tomato slice, or any nasty condiments. Just bun and two patties", and then MAYBE they won't screw it up. I once had to send my order ( exceedingly simple, right? Two patties on a bun, nothing else?) THREE TIMES before those morons got it right. If you want a burger ten minutes before the "breakfast" menu goes off, you can't get it. No burger although they are right there, not until the appointed time to switch from breakfast to lunch. These incidents actually happened to me. I've a lifelong boycott with the place.
    KFC, on the other hand, best fried chicken ever, and I love fried chicken. I've only had it once since starting this program, and that was one piece. (sigh...)

Love me some KFC!
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! It turns to formaldehyde in your stomach. Also, Hitler liked McDonalds.

funny-pictures-auto-mcdonalds-scull-358227.jpeg
  • vashnic
    vashnic Posts: 93
    Options
    Love McDonald's! The only thing currently keeping me away from eating delicious cheap fries and nuggets every day is that I'm a lazy bugger who doesn't want to travel farther than a couple blocks for food. Spent a summer eating there 3/4x a week, lost a almost 10 lbs! :laugh: I'm sure the crazy amount of biking/walking those months and heat induced anti-hunger had nothing to do with it.

Really, for eating out food, I find most of their servings and caloric contents quite reasonable. Now Cheesecake Factory, on the other hand...:sad: :sad:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You do realize the service at your McDonald's may not be like the service at every other McDonald's, right?

(ETA: I certainly did not expect that I would be defending McDonald's in the MFP forums today.)
  • shadowfax_3601
    shadowfax_3601 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eating at McDonald's?

Apparently, some people have no interest in being "elite".

Besides, everyone knows that fast food calories are a ticking time-bomb of death. I hope that burger is worth the inevitable 5-8+ years you're cutting off of your life.

I would like to know where your statistics come from.. Not going to condone eating McDonalds.. I know its crap food.. but spewing bad statistics is just as bad.. One burger is not going to make you die 5-8 years earlier..
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    For a random cheat day, if you can fit it in your calories... go for it! But it is not something you want to do too often. Becuase yes, as a cal vs. cal comparison it's doable. But you gotta look at the fat, trans fat, and sodium levels!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Eating at McDonald's?

Besides, everyone knows that fast food calories are a ticking time-bomb of death. I hope that burger is worth the inevitable 5-8+ years you're cutting off of your life.

I would like to know where your statistics come from.. Not going to condone eating McDonalds.. I know its crap food.. but spewing bad statistics is just as bad.. One burger is not going to make you die 5-8 years earlier..

hehe :smile:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Eating at McDonald's?

:indifferent:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Eating at McDonald's?

Jof is using sarcasm. If you look at his other posts on this thread you'll notice that he is in the "eat it if you want to" camp.
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    Just copying my reply from last month. and the month before. and before...

someone said this -
    As an aside, I DO believe that the consumption of fast food has contributed more to the fattening of America than any other foods available to us. I'm a kid of the 70s, and enjoy those TV shows that show clips of people from the 70s, before the "Age of the Mega Golden Arches Monopoly" and we were far, far thinner and healthier than we are now.

Actually the golden age was during the 50s and 60s, by the 70s the golden age of the burger had begun to wane under numerous pressures. Food police demonized it. McDonald's is the largest buyer of beef and has power over the cattle industry, even Schlosser says " the enormous buying power of the fast food giants has given them access to the cleanest ground beef."

Penn State's studies show that youngsters fed large lunches and then offered "junk" food ate a great deal of of that food, while others ate none. What predicted how much they consumed? Whether their parents forbid high-fat, high-sugar foods in their regular diet. Those studies find that when children are told that a food is bad, they assume it must taste good and develop an appetite for it.
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    Eating at McDonald's?

hehe :smile:

Elite what?