Replacing peanut butter with????

Options
I just heard peanuts are bad for you. What kind of nuts/seeds should I replace my peanut butter with? Thats 16 grams of fat!

Replies

• melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is not bad for you as long as you stay away from the ones that say they are "peanut butter spread".

Stick to ones that have only 1 ingredient - peanuts.
  • beccalyse
    beccalyse Posts: 21
    Options
    I stay away from peanuts entirely (I'm Paleo) and don't like the taste of almond butter, so I use Sunbutter. It's made from sunflower seeds and yet somehow tastes AMAZING. Give it a shot.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    WALNUT BUTTER!
  • stevenyuzk
    stevenyuzk Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    buy peanut butter that is all natural and doesnt use hydrogenated oil
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Peanuts and peanut better are fine. They fit in any balanced diet. Just count the calories as you would anything else. I have PB almost every day.
  • KelleyRotella
    Options
    Get rid of peanut butter all together...it is not even considered a nut and its not good for you regardless. I love almond butter and it mixes well in my protein shakes and spreads well! It comes in chunky organic which is awesome too!
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i am paleo aswell , i go for almond butter
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I recommend substituting chunky PB in for smooth PB.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter isn't bad for you in moderation! I use Bell Plantation PB2 though, love it!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Replace peanut butter?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    I just heard peanuts are bad for you. What kind of nuts/seeds should I replace my peanut butter with? Thats 16 grams of fat!

I used to make homemade cashew butter, just toss a bunch of cashes in a food processor and BING. mmmm tastes so good on a banana.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have peanut butter every day without fail. I love it. What is wrong with peanuts? I know the paleo argument, I still eat it. If you really don't want to eat it, use almond butter. There is nothing wrong with dietary fat and I promise it doesn't make people fat.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Peanuts are only "bad" for you if you're allergic. In which case, no, you should NOT be eating it and need to be cautious about anything made in a factory where they also may make peanut-containing products, due to contamination. Read ingredient labels!

Peanut butter, in my opinion, rocks. However, for people tracking calories, it can be high in fat and sugar, so either use smaller amounts or buy a natural brand with minimal ingredients.

I refuse to give up peanut butter. I may only eat it once a week, but it's a lovely treat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    One simply does not replace peanut butter, just as...

g6101g671g63.gif
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    PB2 , almond butter, or hazelnut butter.
  • monicarcaro
    Options
    coming from a person with a nut allergy - sunflower seed butter or soy butter
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    In what way are peanuts allegedly bad for you?

Mr. Peanut wears a monocle, for goodness' sake!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Replacing peanut butter?? Isn't happening anytime soon!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Replace peanut butter?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This. Just eat peanut butter.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    No substitute for Peanut Butter. I have it every morning in my steel cut oats. Yum!! I've tried PB2 and thought it was a waste. I like almond butter, but I want peanut better, and not an off brand. I would rather count in the fat and calories into my macros than try and substitute and not be satisfied.