Replacing peanut butter with????

Options

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Get rid of peanut butter all together...it is not even considered a nut and its not good for you regardless. I love almond butter and it mixes well in my protein shakes and spreads well! It comes in chunky organic which is awesome too!

Why are almonds "better" than peanuts, exactly?
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Wow a lot of Paleo's in this thread. I didn't know Paleo's had Internet :rolleyes
    Yes, but they have to hunt and gather their data packets and assemble them by hand using crude tools fashioned from tree branches and stones.
  • Twty6pnt2
    Twty6pnt2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try unsealed sunflower seeds and pepita seeds. Both have protein and omegas. A small amount not only fulls you up but healthy and low fat.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Here's the best advice..........stop listening to every new report about Food X being bad for you, because that information is just going to be refuted in no time.
    I think the food geeks alternate what foods are going to ward off cancer, and then what foods are going to increase my chances for cancer............and then the next year, those foods are flip flopped.

I'll eat what I want (in moderation).
    If Food X is truly bad for me, then I guess the FDA will have it pulled from the shelves. Otherwise, if I like it, it goes in my mouth.
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Get PB2. It's a godsend.
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ok, paleo peeps, why are legumes, and therefore peanut butter bad for you? You don't get to say because cavemen didn't eat them, or show me some BS blog. Show me a study.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I recommend substituting chunky PB in for smooth PB.

^^ this ^^

I do like almond and sunflower butters, too, though.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Get rid of peanut butter all together...it is not even considered a nut and its not good for you regardless. I love almond butter and it mixes well in my protein shakes and spreads well! It comes in chunky organic which is awesome too!

Protein, healthy fats and fiber is not good for you? I fail to see how peanut butter is not good for you.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is practically the food of the gods, but all the others like cashew butter, sun butter (sunflower seeds) and PB2 (the low fat powder) are ALL excellent, as mentioned.
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I'm not sure about Peanut butter. I'm not a huge fan, but I needed to find something with some good protein in it so I put a tablespoon in my protein shake along with a banana. I use the Peter Pan reduced fat Creamy. It tastes great!
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Replacing peanut butter?? Isn't happening anytime soon!
    This. http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/Is-peanut-butter-healthy
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I think peanut butter is fine in moderation...I love to have 2 tbsp with an apple.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6410rmT5P1rwcc6bo1_250.gif
    agreed
    Ha. this.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why peanuts would be bad for you.. I make my own almond butter with truly raw almonds. Just put them in a food processor and pulse until creamy. It's delicious on bananas or apples.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I HATE THIS. NEVER SAY THAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    Eat it straight outta the jar, don't bother to measure it. You'll be golden.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    In what way are peanuts allegedly bad for you?

Because they're viscious little *kitten*, that's why.

wL16w4x.jpg

But really...how are they bad for you?
    lmao @ the zombie peanuts! love it
  • EatLiftRun
    Options
    Dingleberry butter.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Would it not be easier to just find a replacment for oxygen??!?
    Touch my PB2 and you will draw back a nub!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I just heard peanuts are bad for you. What kind of nuts/seeds should I replace my peanut butter with? Thats 16 grams of fat!
    You heard? And are you one of the people who believes everything you read on the Internet? :wink:
    Are you allergic to peanuts? In which case they are very bad for you.
    Otherwise, I haven't seen any evidence that they are bad for you. The additives in some peanut butters aren't good. Too much of anything is not good for you. But if you want to try something different, other nut butters are good. For some things, avocado or fruit butters (like apple butter) or vegetable butters (like pumpkin butter) might be good. Almond and hazelnut -chocolate spreads are yummy, but usually a bit high on the fat balance.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    almond butter is awesome and you can barely tell the difference. I like the barney butter brand plus it has no chemicals or crap in it.

I don't see almond butter as a replacement for peanut butter; it is another option that expands my pantry palette! :smile: