Options

Replies

• Peanutbutterx
    Options
    NOTHING!! ....... how dare you!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Any nut can be made into a butter. I use (raw only) macadamia, almond, walnut, hazlenut, etc. And there are combos! Seed butters too, but I consume them only occasionally.

I only buy products with no other ingredients. Also, nut butters can be made at home.

(Saw a recommendation for soy butter; that's a legume too and probably even worse than peanuts! IMO)
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Nutella!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    In what way are peanuts allegedly bad for you?

Mr. Peanut wears a monocle, for goodness' sake!

This. Everything in moderation. Yes, they are technically a legume and not a nut, but they are still delicious.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You will have to pry peanut butter out of my cold dead hands.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I just heard peanuts are bad for you. What kind of nuts/seeds should I replace my peanut butter with? Thats 16 grams of fat!

Almond butter is higher in protein and you don't have to worry about aflatoxin (they sometimes use moldy peanuts to make peanut butter and that is the toxin that is produced by the mold. It is a carcinogen.)
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Monocles are awesome!
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Peanuts are only "bad" for you if you're allergic. In which case, no, you should NOT be eating it and need to be cautious about anything made in a factory where they also may make peanut-containing products, due to contamination.

^^This or if you eat like a jar of it a day (because that's just far too much)
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    i find it hard to believe that somebody with that body thinks peanut butter is bad for you.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Replace peanut butter?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    This. Looove my peanut butter, especially on bananas.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    coming from a person with a nut allergy - sunflower seed butter or soy butter

I bought soy butter once. Enough said.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Peanuts are actually a legume. They are very good for you in their natural form without all the added US injected ingredients--salt, sugar, preservatives, etc. Some have said it, just buy natural peanut butter, portion control. Add in almond butter and/or cashew butter. All are great for you have excellent health benefits. Just Google it and read from reliable sources.

"Just the facts, ma'am"...
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Nutella!

Lol. This too. :)
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    lol @ paleo
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    peanut+on+the+pot.jpg
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    ^ ffs
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me want to punch my self in the face
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    MOAR peanut butter.
  • hunger4love
    hunger4love Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Coconut butter - not the same texture or consistency as the other nut butters - but chock full of those fabulous monounsaturated fatty acids and delicious!

I mix a couple of tablespoons of it into my organic, high fiber oat bran hot cereal in the morning (with a chopped up apple and cinnamon = YUM).

Try it. You'll love it.
  • DavidKBrewer
    Options
    The only thing that you could replace peanut butter with is magic. But since magic isn't real, the next best thing is peanut butter.