let's be real, here

Options

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

WOW.. I'am not giving Advice you cheeky sod!

I simply said it is easily done... Plz re read my posts... I/we wouldent be here if we never needed help!!!!

I am, you are often suggesting that around 1200-1300 can be hard.

I have said several times, eat more calorie dense foods.7

If you added lots of of body fat (not you, people in general) then you can exceed 1200 calories. It is not true that it cannot be hit.
  • cindygretz
    Options
    You live in 900-1600 calories of cola a day, a snickers bar for lunch then one meal from the drive through totaling about 5000 calories for the day and tell me 1200 healthy calories spread out all day doesn't make you feel like you're stuffing yourself all day long. It does.

I've been at this for 4 weeks, the first two weeks I had to force myself to eat at times. This week I've noticed it's much easier, I'm actually hungry for breakfast, eager for the snack I have on my first break, and someone better have a good reason if my lunch break is going to be late. Now that I don't feel like I'm going to sick up everything I eat before noon I might consider upping my calories.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    your body doesn't run on 700 calories just becuase you decided it would.

keep it off the forums becuase it's obnoxious.

Really? I think there are a few billion people in third world countries that would disagree with you on that.

yeah and we know how wonderful that quality of life is
  • c2hrist3a
    c2hrist3a Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If you've eaten all your "healthy" foods for the day and still "can't" reach 1200 calories . . . . .

Have some f****ing ice cream.

^^^Thank you!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    your body doesn't run on 700 calories just becuase you decided it would.

keep it off the forums becuase it's obnoxious.

You ain talking to me right? As I aint had 700

i'm talking to everyone. but it applies to anyone who consistently eats below his or her BMR.

Grow up love.. You never once eaten lower than your goal? I'am showing that it is not a choice to eat lower for me but it happens and I have eaten well!!

i said BMR, not goal. and i did eat below my BMR for awhile. i woke up and realized that was going to screw me over long term. so i pay attention to myself. 1 day a week of doing that isn't the end of the world. 6 months in a row is a set up for long term yo yo dieting.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    For the love of god lady eat or don't eat.

Starve for all I care.

I wasted too much time as it is on you this morning.

It's pretty clear that you're just looking to argue and frankly I'm no longer interested.
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    meh im one of them people i usually end up about 100 calories under 1200 and i eat ... i just eat alot of fruit and veg which is less calories that what i was eating before .. saying this every now and then i get a day where im just hungry and eat way over my cals i just listen to my body .. not everyone needs 1200 calories what works for you doesnt work for others

^^^ THIS!

To the OP--Yes, I did get where I'm at by overindulging far too much and exercising way too little. But I've made my goal ~NOW~ to eat healthier as often as possible. Some days I am just not hungry and others I could eat a horse.

MFP set my calories at 1800, unless I ate empty calories I struggled. My doctor suggested shooting for 1200-1500 *GOOD* calories daily and making slow, sustainable changes to get there.

For me, this means eating more fresh fruits/veg, substituting brown rice for potatoes as often as DH allows, turning to chicken and turkey instead of red meat, cutting out ice cream and cake, and avoiding fried foods whenever I can. I have also cut back on eating processed foods & premade meals but increased my whole grains. My healthier choices do leave me fuller longer with less calories. 2 T of mashed avocado is roughly half the calorie content of mayo, tastes better, and keeps me satisfied longer. So does using greek yogurt whenever possible. Tzatziki is my saving grace, I can eat it with a spoon (and often do) and still be okay.

And as many have said, I could just eat a candy bar, or ice cream, or a slice of pizza, to meet my calorie goals. But for me, that is defeating the purpose and only starts me on a road best not traveled. Once I eat one, then I crave more and more. And that leads to (last) week of bad food choices filled with GS cookies, dinner out to Chinese, Mexican, & a steakhouse, and cake with an inch of cream cheese icing. :embarassed:

Each person is different, and nutritional needs are different.
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    meh im one of them people i usually end up about 100 calories under 1200 and i eat ... i just eat alot of fruit and veg which is less calories that what i was eating before .. saying this every now and then i get a day where im just hungry and eat way over my cals i just listen to my body .. not everyone needs 1200 calories what works for you doesnt work for others

^^^ THIS!

To the OP--Yes, I did get where I'm at by overindulging far too much and exercising way too little. But I've made my goal ~NOW~ to eat healthier as often as possible. Some days I am just not hungry and others I could eat a horse.

MFP set my calories at 1800, unless I ate empty calories I struggled. My doctor suggested shooting for 1200-1500 *GOOD* calories daily and making slow, sustainable changes to get there.

For me, this means eating more fresh fruits/veg, substituting brown rice for potatoes as often as DH allows, turning to chicken and turkey instead of red meat, cutting out ice cream and cake, and avoiding fried foods whenever I can. I have also cut back on eating processed foods & premade meals but increased my whole grains. My healthier choices do leave me fuller longer with less calories. 2 T of mashed avocado is roughly half the calorie content of mayo, tastes better, and keeps me satisfied longer. So does using greek yogurt whenever possible. Tzatziki is my saving grace, I can eat it with a spoon (and often do) and still be okay.

And as many have said, I could just eat a candy bar, or ice cream, or a slice of pizza, to meet my calorie goals. But for me, that is defeating the purpose and only starts me on a road best not traveled. Once I eat one, then I crave more and more. And that leads to (last) week of bad food choices filled with GS cookies, dinner out to Chinese, Mexican, & a steakhouse, and cake with an inch of cream cheese icing. :embarassed:

Each person is different, and nutritional needs are different.

Well said, and I could not agree more!!!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Grow up love.. You never once eaten lower than your goal? I'am showing that it is not a choice to eat lower for me but it happens and I have eaten well!!

1) You've just begun. No one is arguing that the odd day or two on a low goal will kill you or even hurt you. It's those who consistently, for weeks at a time under eat, that will suffer damage.

You, personally, are not generally under-eating. There are many who are.

2) Hunger is not a choice. What you put into your mouth is. Therefore, if you must eat to survive (and I'm sure you'll agree that you must), then you must make yourself eat.

Anoretics often feel incapable of eating more and often feel quite full at 500 calories a day. Saying "It's okay, you don't have to eat more because you are full" is dangerous advice.
  • Better4Summer
    Options

I simply said it is easily done... Plz re read my posts... I/we wouldent be here if we never needed help!!!!

If you added lots of of body fat (not you, people in general) then you can exceed 1200 calories. It is not true that it cannot be hit.

No I aint... The point I keep makin is we can not judge if someone is full... Period! The cal thing was yes I was low but its easily done.. 1350 is my GOAL... And I said im sure it will level out!!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

No I aint... The point I keep makin is we can not judge if someone is full... Period! The cal thing was yes I was low but its easily done.. 1350 is my GOAL... And I said im sure it will level out!!

Then you and me don't have a disagreement. I have no want to argue or disagee with anyone, I simply want people to be healthy in the long term.
  • Better4Summer
    Options

1) You've just begun. No one is arguing that the odd day or two on a low goal will kill you or even hurt you. It's those who consistently, for weeks at a time under eat, that will suffer damage.

You, personally, are not generally under-eating. There are many who are.

2) Hunger is not a choice. What you put into your mouth is. Therefore, if you must eat to survive (and I'm sure you'll agree that you must), then you must make yourself eat.

Anoretics often feel incapable of eating more and often feel quite full at 500 calories a day. Saying "It's okay, you don't have to eat more because you are full" is dangerous advice.

Look I dnt like arguin and yes a debate is healthy but it got off track.. I have not for one min said I agree with under eatin either just that it is easily done.. I agree with you mostly tbh.. Have a nice even/day (time zones) lol
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

You're arguing with a nitwit on the internet. Think about that.
  • Better4Summer
    Options

Then you and me don't have a disagreement. I have no want to argue or disagee with anyone, I simply want people to be healthy in the long term.

Me too :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Honestly, there are some days where I eat the basic 1,200 calories and I am 100% satisfied. Sure, I didn't get here by doing that. In the past I have had a crappy diet and ate as many calories as I wanted. That is the habit that many people are trying to break.

I posted to my news feed just yesterday that I was having a hard time eating enough calories. My goal is set to 1,200 and I consumed 1,400. However, I burned 1,500 calories. Had I been hungry I would have gladly eaten the required amount to get the correct net calories. I just wasn't hungry. I don't drink, so no wine. I just busted my *kitten* at the gym and ice cream was the very last thing on my mind. In fact, I had already eaten two slices of pizza for dinner instead of grilled chicken breast and steamed veggies just to up my calories.

I am not trying to eat under or have a defecit. I am just not hungry. I make good choices throughout the day, drink lots of water, and stay full. I don't feel hungry. So yes, sometimes meeting the calorie goal is a pain in the *kitten*.

I hope you don't do that often. I'm sure no doctor would ever say that netting -100 calories a day is ok. You ate 1400 and burned off 1500 = less than zero calories net for the day. Bad idea!
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Sorry but I disagree here...

Who are any of us to judge if someone else is full?

We are here to support not judge surely!

It's not necessarily about if people feel full or not, but the idea that they cannot both be full AND reach 1200 calories, if that's their goal level. At least that's the vibe I'm getting.

Truthfully, it can apply regardless of what your caloric goals are. If you're too full to eat any more but you're still supposed to have more calories in you, then using more calorie-dense foods is the next option, because it provides more calories for the same volume.

My daily calorie level, for instance, is 3000 calories providing i don't do any running that day. When I was focused on low-calorie foods, it was harder to meet the goal because I had to have a LOT of food to do it. But, by eating more calorically dense foods, or even recognizing I didn't always have to stick with the "light" meal options, I was able to get my calories up without eating an increased volume of food. Heck, that's what lets me incorporate *A* chocolate bar (or Girl Scout cookies, now that they're in season) as a part of my daily diet.
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    Honestly, there are some days where I eat the basic 1,200 calories and I am 100% satisfied. Sure, I didn't get here by doing that. In the past I have had a crappy diet and ate as many calories as I wanted. That is the habit that many people are trying to break.

I posted to my news feed just yesterday that I was having a hard time eating enough calories. My goal is set to 1,200 and I consumed 1,400. However, I burned 1,500 calories. Had I been hungry I would have gladly eaten the required amount to get the correct net calories. I just wasn't hungry. I don't drink, so no wine. I just busted my *kitten* at the gym and ice cream was the very last thing on my mind. In fact, I had already eaten two slices of pizza for dinner instead of grilled chicken breast and steamed veggies just to up my calories.

I am not trying to eat under or have a defecit. I am just not hungry. I make good choices throughout the day, drink lots of water, and stay full. I don't feel hungry. So yes, sometimes meeting the calorie goal is a pain in the *kitten*.

I hope you don't do that often. I'm sure no doctor would ever say that netting -100 calories a day is ok. You ate 1400 and burned off 1500 = less than zero calories net for the day. Bad idea!

I can do math, so I realize that, lol. But, thank you for the advise. I never said that I did that every day. It is only on the occasional day that I workout mid-day, before dinner. I have absolutely zero desire to eat (physically not mentally) after spending 90-120 minutes on an elliptical. I make a point to exercise after dinner, that way I know how much I can burn without having to eat more. Unfortunately, I don't always have time in the evening. Also, I DO eat. I eat out if I want to, have dessert if I want to, and treat myself whenever I am in the mood. I am referring to days where I am just not in the mood. In fact, I posted yesterday regarding eating more calorie dense foods, that way I don't actually have to eat MORE food when I am not hungry. I don't see how that differs from eating out of boredom or emotional eating. It is plain and simple.

But my doctor does not advise that I force myself to eat crap just to get the calories back. I watch my cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar, and blood pressure religiously. I do see my doctor every six months for blood work and a check up. But, when eating healthy in order to avoid cholesterol meds, my doctor does not recommend eating junk just to meet the mark.
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    Sorry but I disagree here...

Who are any of us to judge if someone else is full?

We are here to support not judge surely!

It's not necessarily about if people feel full or not, but the idea that they cannot both be full AND reach 1200 calories, if that's their goal level. At least that's the vibe I'm getting.

Truthfully, it can apply regardless of what your caloric goals are. If you're too full to eat any more but you're still supposed to have more calories in you, then using more calorie-dense foods is the next option, because it provides more calories for the same volume.

My daily calorie level, for instance, is 3000 calories providing i don't do any running that day. When I was focused on low-calorie foods, it was harder to meet the goal because I had to have a LOT of food to do it. But, by eating more calorically dense foods, or even recognizing I didn't always have to stick with the "light" meal options, I was able to get my calories up without eating an increased volume of food. Heck, that's what lets me incorporate *A* chocolate bar (or Girl Scout cookies, now that they're in season) as a part of my daily diet.

Look I shall say this once... That was my first post... I stand by it.. I dnt care what the problem is tbh!!!
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    Also, just to add......I don't exercise as much to lose weight as I do for anxiety control (in order to stay away from anxiety meds and high blood pressure resulting from anxiety). So, I do realize that diet wise, I would be better off sticking to 300-400 calorie burns. But, some days I have more steam to blow off than on other days.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Also, just to add......I don't exercise as much to lose weight as I do for anxiety control (in order to stay away from anxiety meds and high blood pressure resulting from anxiety). So, I do realize that diet wise, I would be better off sticking to 300-400 calorie burns. But, some days I have more steam to blow off than on other days.

Good to hear you know what you're doing. :flowerforyou: