What irritates you much?

Options

Replies

• mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Bedsheets that don't stay on the mattress corners.

Bed Bath and Beyond have these nifty straps for 5 bucks that hold your corners together. Works like a charm!
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Today....pretty much EVERYTHING is irritating me. I'm cold, I'm tired,I want Spring to hurry its butt up and get here for crying out loud. :grumble:
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    meggings!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I have seen many folks that don't wash their hands after they use a public restroom. I hear the girls do this too. Whats wrong with people? :grumble:
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Friends and colleagues telling me that "wow you look great ,how much weight have you lost" and then in the next breath say"dont lose any more , you will waste away" !!!!!!!!!!! MMMM sorry but why cant i weigh under 12 Stone like you do , do i have to stay over weight to get the praise . I have no intention of wasting away and i have no intention of stopping my new lifestyle change , not even when i get to my goal weight . Rant over.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    When looking at the nutrition on food labels I get " *sighh* why are you being so obsessed" and "why are you bothering with that, go for a walk down the road instead" and "You say no to potatoes but you had some chocolate last week?!" Oh and when I'm eating greek yoghurt or something high protein I get " are you sure you are doing the right thing eating these kinds of weird foods?"

"Can you help me lose weight too, but I still want to eat a whole block of cheese a day because otherwise my bones break, I also can't cut down on bagels but I can play a wii game for my only form of exercise because I don't want to get bulky from weights or strength training ....."..... <--- this is my sister :| She is a bit of an askhole; A person who constantly asks for your advice yet always does the opposite.

EDIT:Whoops, thought this thread was things people say that irritate you haha
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    for some odd reason there are a lot of women where I work who have lost between 50-100 lbs who have then gained it back again. I keep getting people telling me to "be careful you dont end up like XYZ!" It's like theycan't acknowledge my acomplishment because I might gain it back at any moment.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    Everything.
  • Se_hall
    Se_hall Posts: 7
    Options
    My biggest irritation is when someone tells me I'm "lucky" for being thin. I'm not lucky. I work HARD. I count my calories and work out. It's certainly not easy.

Oh... and the biggest irritation about it is when they tell me this while eating a donut. Seriously??? And you wonder why you can't lost weight...
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have seen many folks that don't wash their hands after they use a public restroom. I hear the girls do this too. Whats wrong with people? :grumble:

So this!! Would it kill you to take a couple minutes to wash your hands people!!! Even my 4 yr old always washes her hands after going to the bathroom!!
  • lunarescape
    lunarescape Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1. When people (coworkers namely) tease me about my healthy food choices.
    2. When people practically shove food down my throat. "Want this piece of my chocolate bar?" "No thank you." "Why not?? It's just a piece!" Because once I start, I can't stop.
    3. "I want to get toned but I don't want to get bulky."
    4. "Lose 5 lbs this week with fat-melting French foods!" <- saw that on Woman's Day magazine cover.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    When walking along a busy street and the person in front just stops without warning. People should wear brake lights if they're going to do that.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Watching Teen Nick with the kids, and seeing stuff that I wouldn't have seen 15 years ago. I.E. kids hardcore making out, same sex making out, damn...even opposite sex making out. It is scary to see so much exposed.... and IT'S geared towards teens... pitty...

I agree, MTV is redic too. Shows depicting shallow spoiled rich kids picking who comes to their party to glorifying teen pregnancy like it's a badge of honor...what the hell happened to the music?
  • k1229
    k1229 Posts: 135
    Options
    people who constantly check in at the gym, or upload pictures of their polar to instagram, like, i feel **** as it is, so i really dont want to be bombarded with how awesome you do and be called a poser when i upload a nice pic of me to my profile. unfollow.. I dont need the whole wold to know when i am at the gym, Keri checked in at Fit4Less, Keri posted a picture of her polar to instagram... no. i do not.

Jealous obviously, but surely no one likes it rammed down their throat!

Or the once fat girl turned amazingly skinny, who takes nothing but almost nude pictures and knows she looks amazing, but tells everyone that they are poking fun at her when they tell her so! SHUT UP!!! just say thank you, dont milk it. you look great, congrats! but i dont need to see 99% of your naked body every day to verify it!

Oh and incline crankers.
  • tonitass
    tonitass Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bedsheets that don't stay on the mattress corners.

I agree! Mine come off every night!

They make clips to keep the sheets on the mattress. Best investment I ever made.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    whoo that is so mean it would take all my will power not to knock their teeth out and say I'm sorry I think you dropped these.

:laugh: I love that response so much.

"You can't have 'insert food such as cake, chocolate, brownies, etc', you're dieting!" No, I've allotted for it and even if I haven't, it's none of your goddamn business.

Exactly! Any of my food choices are none of your goddamn business (I get commentary on what I eat, how much I eat, how frequently I eat, what times I eat). Omg-I didn't go all health-food nazi on you for eating the entire package of double-stuffed Oreos in one sitting as dessert to your double quarter pounder with cheese super size value meal, so leave me and my food alone as well please.

Quoting the other part too because the"I think you dropped these" made me literally lol.
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    When walking along a busy street and the person in front just stops without warning. People should wear brake lights if they're going to do that.

^^^ this!^^^

I swear one day I'm just going to plow right through them and not try to bob and weave at the last minute.
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    People who have all the tools to help themselves and don't. They take the easy way out. They complain or they just ask someone to do the work for them. This goes for work situations and life situations. Don't you want to learn? Don't you want the satisfaction of knowing that you can do it yourself? Gah!!
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Stupid people. Stupid people piss me off.

Ignorant people do not bother me, they do not know better, but stupid people do know better.... and therefore piss me off.

I choreograph, and I have been asked this question so many times that I now put it on all the schedules I make. Here is how my schedules used to read. "Dance-6:30-9 EVERYONE" The stupid question... "Is my child a part of everyone? Am I a part of everyone? Do I have to be here for rehearsal, the schedule just reads everyone..."

I got snarky a few times and responded with, "As a parent, I believe you need to decide if you child is a part of everyone. That is a call you as the parent should make." or, "No, everyone but you needs to be at rehearsal, you special special snow flake."
  • NLKatherine
    NLKatherine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What irritates me the most is when I have friends and family tell me I'm not fat...I am 5'4 at 210 lbs. I am obese. It's a hard thing to say and I hate it...but it's better than being in denial. I get that they are trying to be nice, but do they really think that I am dumb enough to believe them? If anything, it makes me extremely uncomfortable! Ergh. It irritates me so much!

I agree with you completely, one of the worst things our family and friends can do is de-motivate. You obviously know you have some work to do, they should support you. I am sure you are a beautiful person and that is all they're trying to tell you. Next time they say something like this to you, you need to look them in the eye and tell them that while you appreciate them loving you for who you are, you know there is work to do and the best thing they can do for you is support your goals.