Black Team Week 15

Options
15678911»

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Dear Husband,
    Our teenagers are not mini adults. They do not think like adults, they do not reason like adults, they don't see things the way adults see things. Cut them some slack every now and then. Just because they are the size of us, doesn't mean they work like we do. Developmentally, they are not there, developmentally, they are TEENAGERS!

And dear husband while I'm at it, just chill, please. Learn to roll with the punches, learn to relax and enjoy life. Your uptight attitue and unreasonable demands about life stresses all of us out.

Signed,
    The Wife that got Dirty Looks after Expressing Her Thoughts

(Sorry guys, needed to do that!)

Lori-- why are you writing to my husband? You messin' 'round with my ma-an?

I hope he gets it one day. Mine seems to be getting it...slowly....kinda the joy of having so many kids, for both of us. We learn and grow and evolve as parents. Our basic foundation remains, but we see what works, what hasn't-- what is negotiable and non-- I think by the time Caleb rolls around into teenhood, we'll be all set!

Up 5 pounds this morning-- not all from peanut butter loveliness-- gotta love that TOM-- sheesh.

However, sick of being on the fence-- measured my coffee cream this morning-- gotta get back to basics. I do believe my body is fighting me, but I have to stop fighting me as well-- 'nuff of the ****, Marla--

Have a great day-- hang in there, Lori!

Our kids are all close enough in age, we'll just screw it up for all of 'em. :wink:

Truly, I love my husband, he's a good guy. He expects so much out of them and I get so sick of hearing, "We've told them 100 times....." Well, maybe. That's how it works. Tell them 100 more and then probably 100 more after that.

He wants to control every move they make, dictate when/how/where they do everything. I believe in rules, but I also believe in letting them make their own choices. How will they every turn into a responsible adult if you never let them figure out things on their own?

It's terrible that this sigh of relief goes over the house when he walks out the door in the morning. I miss the days he went into work early. We've got a morning routine. It doesn't help to have him walking around trying to control (change) it. The kids know what time we leave, how they get ready, in what order, makes no difference to me, just be ready.

I could go on and on and on..... I will spare you.

I really am going to hem that dang dress today!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Donna-- glad you had such a good day!

Just had a lovely 4 mile run-- solo-- woo hoooooo-- love just getting out, doing my own thaaannng.

Can't believe this-- found a Jersey Girl Triathlon at the Jersey shore-- 300 yard swim, 9.5 mile bike ride, 3 mile run-- totally doable-- hubs is even encouraging me-- wth?

Hmmmmmmm-- Donna, you live close enough-- maybe???

Later-- gotta put kids to bed-- my hands are still cold from the run and I can't type.

Long Branch, i would definitely come and cheer you on! MIL has a house in Manasquan on the Jersey Shore which is about 20 minutes from the race I think. Steep registration fee though..yikes. you splurge for that peanut butter and now this? You go girl!

Hey Donna, where in PA are you again?

I live about 8 miles north of Phila. Abington PA
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Shuntae!!!!!!

Okay-- so I bought the Peanut butter and Company Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter-- $5.59 a jar. Totally out of my budget, but, wth, I figured-- ya know-- a splurge.

And they don't even fill the freaking jar-- come on, people--

All *****ing aside, it's yumminess-- but, for nearly six bucks a jar, I expect it filled to the brim and then some--

Heaven on a rice cake is how I'd describe it--

Need to go-- hungry children waiting for din-din--

Later.

5.59?!?!?! Oh Em Gee...it doesn't cost that much here. I didn't realize there would be such a difference.

Still good though. Glad you liked it. :flowerforyou:

Okay, so you may never, ever recommend stuff to me again, do you understand? Never.

I'm swearing it off already and I just bought the freaking stuff.

Thankfully, not too terribly much damage done tonight-- but, it could get ugly-- it's heaven on rice cakes, heaven on mini pretzels, heaven on soft wheat bread-- :ohwell:

And I thought you were my friend-- :wink:

What is this yumminess you speak of and where do I not want to look for it? Just asking so I make sure I look the other way if it presents itself to me.

It's Peanut Butter & Co's Dark Chocolate Dreams. Le sigh.
    You may not want to look in the PB aisle of any grocery store, because it's everywhere. Be careful because it has friends like white chocolate, cinnamon and maple. Talk about ganging up on people. :laugh:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone..productive day already and its only 11:30..Cleaned little girl's room my bedroom my bathroom ( on hands and knees) dishes done, livingroom clean...vacuumed...daughter room is vaccumed my bedroom is vaccumed..fridge cleaned out, on fourth load of laundry..fixin to wash my bed sheets and comforter..Hit the gym this morning for 634 calories burned..fixin to eat my cauliflower for lunch yummy...

After that heading to wal-mart..( Man I sound like Lori ) to buy my daughter new dress shoes as she is the girlie type..I on the other hand am not....and buy new mat for bathroom...fun fun fun...

Well everyone off I gotta go can stop to long or I wont want to get back up...BYYYYEEEEE
  • zippy111
    Options
    Dear Husband,
    Our teenagers are not mini adults. They do not think like adults, they do not reason like adults, they don't see things the way adults see things. Cut them some slack every now and then. Just because they are the size of us, doesn't mean they work like we do. Developmentally, they are not there, developmentally, they are TEENAGERS!

And dear husband while I'm at it, just chill, please. Learn to roll with the punches, learn to relax and enjoy life. Your uptight attitue and unreasonable demands about life stresses all of us out.

Signed,

I hope he gets it one day. Mine seems to be getting it...slowly....kinda the joy of having so many kids, for both of us. We learn and grow and evolve as parents. Our basic foundation remains, but we see what works, what hasn't-- what is negotiable and non-- I think by the time Caleb rolls around into teenhood, we'll be all set!

Up 5 pounds this morning-- not all from peanut butter loveliness-- gotta love that TOM-- sheesh.

However, sick of being on the fence-- measured my coffee cream this morning-- gotta get back to basics. I do believe my body is fighting me, but I have to stop fighting me as well-- 'nuff of the ****, Marla--

Our kids are all close enough in age, we'll just screw it up for all of 'em. :wink:

Truly, I love my husband, he's a good guy. He expects so much out of them and I get so sick of hearing, "We've told them 100 times....." Well, maybe. That's how it works. Tell them 100 more and then probably 100 more after that.

He wants to control every move they make, dictate when/how/where they do everything. I believe in rules, but I also believe in letting them make their own choices. How will they every turn into a responsible adult if you never let them figure out things on their own?

It's terrible that this sigh of relief goes over the house when he walks out the door in the morning. I miss the days he went into work early. We've got a morning routine. It doesn't help to have him walking around trying to control (change) it. The kids know what time we leave, how they get ready, in what order, makes no difference to me, just be ready.

:laugh: :laugh: Lori - I so feel your pain! DH walks in the door and proceeds to interogate every last one of them until we are all grumpy. Then I say to him "and you wonder why they don't like you!"

Go hem that dress girl!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Dear Husband,

Signed,

:laugh: :laugh: Lori - I so feel your pain! DH walks in the door and proceeds to interogate every last one of them until we are all grumpy. Then I say to him "and you wonder why they don't like you!"

Go hem that dress girl!

I've made similar comments to my husband. They go over well, huh? :noway:

Mine starts the second he walks in the door too,usually without even saying hello first. Some days I want to say "Shut it!" I have actually run through the house taking care of all the stuff I know we will hear about, just to keep the peace. Yes, my kids should have done it, but seriously, it's not worth hearing about it, so I do it myself.

I love the man, but boy oh boy can he get on my last nerve! I think they never grow up themselves and then the get a power trip as soon as they are a father and think they have little puppets to control.

Also, because of my background in education I know all the developmental crapola. Where they are mentally, emotionally, physically kind of thing. It doens't necessarily make me the perfect mother or always have the patience for what they are going through, but it makes me understand. He has none of that and I mean NONE. Zero, zilch, notta.

I actually made him read a parenting book once with some of that stuff in it. Didn't help. :grumble: Don't think he really cares to change. Personally, I dont' want my kids to cringe when they see me open my mouth, but whatever works for him. He's gotta live with it, not me.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Oh yeah... still haven't hemmed nothing! :ohwell:
  • familygirl37167
    Options

You better get busy....your ball will be here before you know it then your gonna be up a creek....I have faith in you...You can do it....
  • 72lori
    Options

You better get busy....your ball will be here before you know it then your gonna be up a creek....I have faith in you...You can do it....

It will be done before Saturday......

So far I found trying to figure out what to do with my hair more important. Then sweeping the living room, eating lunch, laundry, getting ready to mop the floors. My canopy top came, so I want to go put it on, which will lead to other outside activities. Plus, I need to put some meatballs in the crockpot for tonight. I've needed to clean up my closet for 2 weeks and that's pretty high on my list right now.

Basically, I'm avoiding. I am really good at it. My roommate and I in college rearranged and cleaned out our bedroom every finals week. I've been practicing for a long time.
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Done completely done for the day...except watch biggest loser...Not gonna make it through it..thats a promise...

Have to open cracker barrel tomorrow..uuggh gotta be there at 5 am..guess its not different then being at the gym at 5 am..but its different at least at the gym i get a good workout...When I open dear ole cracker barrel dont get a good workout until after work..when I have to take the kiddos with me...uuuggh..which jade goes to care and justin goes where ever he feels like going...just the fact that I have to do it after I am tired...where when I go in the morning I get it over with...ok ok ok quit complaining...Headin to watch the news...

Ya'll have a great last minute workout..I get my last minute workout in Thursday!! I weigh in Fridays.. Goodnight!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Just checking in...W8D1 in the books. Good Night !

So incredibly proud, my friend-- (and it's not just the dark chocolate peanut butter talking-- )

Maybe...Maybe not...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Okay Runners I need your help. Last night doing W8D1 I got terrible pain on the lower outside of my shin that ran across the top of my foot. I was trying to lengthen my stride to keep up with Jim. I stopped several times and tried to stretch it out but how do you stretch there? Jim said to stop but stubborn me said oh He!! no...and kept going. Today however my lower legs and ankles hurt. Now what do I do?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hello! Too tired to say much...........just hi and I wubs ya!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    :grumble:
  • zippy111
    Options
    Okay Runners I need your help. Last night doing W8D1 I got terrible pain on the lower outside of my shin that ran across the top of my foot. I was trying to lengthen my stride to keep up with Jim. I stopped several times and tried to stretch it out but how do you stretch there? Jim said to stop but stubborn me said oh He!! no...and kept going. Today however my lower legs and ankles hurt. Now what do I do?

Bobbi I wish I could help. I just play a runner on TV:wink: I usually pop Aleve after a run that I overdid it on. I will yield to Shuntae who is the real runner.