Black Team Week 15

musicmom04
musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Hello Black Team!

Sorry about the delay getting a new thread. Had a good trip home to see the family and my aunt's funeral was beautiful and she will be missed. It was nice to see so many family members that I had not seen in years. It was was interesting how many of them approached my mother and I and asked her to introduce me. I have had people comment on my weight loss before but I have never had so many family members not even recognize me. On three seperate occasions people asked my mother or father if I was their grandson. Only once they looked me in the eye did they do the double take and say "Oh my god! Andy!?". Weird stuff.
Were not talking obsure relatives. these are people who know me. lol

Anyway,

I had my fun with it and I am glad to be home. So now for this weeks challenge. It's a scary one....

Reward yourself.

You have all been working so hard and I am so proud of you all. So take some time to reward yourself. Buy yourself something nice, get a pedacure eat a treat (IN MODERATION). Just do something you enjoy. I know it doesnt sound like a challenge, but for some of you it is. I can be hard to take the time for yourself. But that's you challenge this week.

I will post the results from last week later this evening.

Until then,
Have a great night!

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Dang- Wife was logged in.

THAT IS ME UP THERE. lol
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Beth, I was so confused for a second. "Their GrandSON!?" then I realized what was going on. :laugh:

*hugs* to you, Andrew! I'm glad the funeral went well.

My treat will be strawberry shortcake at T's party on Saturday. *DROOL*
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Dang- Wife was logged in.

THAT IS ME UP THERE. lol

:laugh: I've commented on people's statuses logged in as my husband. :wink:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,770 Member
    I am gonna save my big treat for 2 weeks for the ball. Mani, pedi and getting my hair done.... and I'm gonna love every second of it! Plus, I already ate DQ today... so I think I already treated myself. :ohwell: Ummmm, and a TWIX. :blushing: It's TOM and major craving time and I NEEDED it. BAD. Whatareyagonnado?

Tomorrow is a new day. Today, my tummy is full of garbage. On the bright side, I got up and went to the gym even though I had killer cramps, then came home and took the dog a walk.

Got to wear a new pair of capris, cute sandals, left my hair down (although I gotta admit since I'm growing it out some, I would have been just as happy with it pulled up, it's a little wild) and got to enjoy adult conversation for lunch and DQ. Fun.

Then I 'got to' go for groceries, fight traffic, run home, switch cars while barking out orders to unload and put away groceries, fight traffic again, be late for DS's tennis match, miss it completely, fight traffic home, make dinner, clean up. Somehow a stressful 2 hours can totally cancel all the destressing from earlier in the day! Life. Fun stuff.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,770 Member
    Oh yeah, Kati, the knees, that's exactly why I stopped running faster. They don't bother me if I keep it low key and 5-5.5 MPH, if I crank it much higher, the aching starts. Listen to your body. Personally, I would rather run slow and still be able to run, than race as fast as I can and be miserable later.
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    :smile: bump
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    done!

Just had a doughnut with my coffee--

Treat done.

:)
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Results!

Sorry about the delay!

mfp04-15.jpg
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    I was so confused!!!

Wondered when Beth changed her name, and what Andy was short for???

Hmmm - treat - can't be a sweet - I've been bad with those.. perhaps a massage or pedicure..

Love this challenge - thanks batman..
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    :flowerforyou: bump
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    tag
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Okay-- so this wasn't the best eating day-- still I think I ended under 2,000 which compared to my "best eating days" of years past that put me 50 pounds heavier, is still amazing.

Yes, I had a donut-- it was delicious and, yes, I wanted more-- the danger with me and sweets. However, we were out at the store, I only bought one and there's nothing in the house. But, it was lovely with my coffee-- not sweatin' it.

Just had a very strong run-- first one in a long time. Not first run in a long time, but first strong one. Not sure what changed tonight-- maybe my attire? First time in ages I've been able to run in shorts and a tank top-- I overheat so stinkin' fast, running in long sleeves/pants makes me wayyy hot and I get tired-- so, who knows? Middle age-- gotta love it.

Heading to type-- "The Colbert Report" piece tonight-- he's usually very difficult to transcribe-- blech.

Later, my team.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    bump
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,099 Member
    Morning all,

I had a treat last night, I went out for a meal with my eldest 2 boys, while the younger 2 went to the park with the babysitter and had a great time as well.

Feeling a little better today, but as its only just started we wil have to see how it goes. The boys have the dentist at 10.30, so will have to get them up at 9.30 and moving so that we get there in time. Katy - how did the dentist go?

Will come back in a bit, first mindee is due anytime now and had better have a tidy and risk assess!!!!! Be back later, xx
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    ok ya'll weigh in day for me..Down 1.4 pounds and up one whole percent in muscle..That is amaing..Nothing like energy to drive me to the gym tonight..Have a busy day planned..Work home dinner run baseball game etc etc etc.. The life of all us busy moms...At least mine is not as bad as Lori

Well I have been off since sunday at cracker barrel but working very hard with my hubby and lets just say I am burnt..I hope I make it at work today, I dont know between personal trainer and sunburnt I cant even lift my hands above my head..and THAT my friends is where I carry my trays!!!

Have a great morning..Super proud of each and everyone of us!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Good Morning! I feel like the ol grandma that gets wheeled into the party and set up in a corner where she can see everything.....but she doesnt participate at all!!

But I am here...........and at one point I will get off my 'maintain" attitude and jump n with both feet.

Till then GO BLACK TEAM GO!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Oh and Andrew, the operation went quite well. You look JUST like Beth now !! :laugh:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Just stopping in to say hi. I'm still around, just super busy. Hope you are all doing well:smile:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,957 Member
    TGIF! Holy Moly it's been a long week. Glad that it's almost over.

E's dentist appointment went very well. She did amazing. The dentist said she was the best patient and I was so proud of her. Have to share my "Mom of the Year" award winning moment though. At dinner last night I had poured everyone some milk. E sits next to me at the table. All of the sudden milk starts running out of her mouth, all over her, her plate and the table. My knee jerk reaction was "What the heck are you doing? Stop screwing around." As I get a good look at her, I wonder, "Why is her right cheek so droopy?" Then it hit me like a ton of bricks....she is still numb idiot. I felt horrible. Apologized many, many times. We got her cleaned up and I got her a straw, which helped some, but not a lot. So, I am now the "not proud" owner of the "mom of the year" award. :embarassed:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
This discussion has been closed.