My dog has dog dreams ...

Options
MereExtraordinaire
MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
So my dog does this thing every once in a while. He will be fast asleep, laying on his side in any ol' place he chooses. All the sudden, I will hear this high-pitched, repetative whimpering sound. When I tip-toe over to check on him, he is twitching. It's hilarious to watch. He just lays there, eyes closed, twitching and whimpering. He must be having some fantastic dream about chasing a cat or squirrels or birds or something.

What sort of quirky things do your dogs do, MFP? I want to know what makes your dog unique!

Replies

• awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My dog licks EVERYTHING. Like her tongue is never in her mouth. She licks the couch, the air, the walls, you name it.
  • MereExtraordinaire
    MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My dog licks EVERYTHING. Like her tongue is never in her mouth. She licks the couch, the air, the walls, you name it.
    Lol, is your dog a pug, or something otherwise brachycephalic?
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    My dog pretends to kill his rubber chicken or cloth bone toy. Also, he snores.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    My dog attacked me and I almost lost my eye. He's dead now.
  • Countryboy_
    Countryboy_ Posts: 618
    Options
    My dog attacked me and I almost lost my eye. He's dead now.

I love you Dani.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    My dog steals my dirty underwear and chews it.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    My dog has dog dreams too! The other night I heard him do two little barks in his sleep. It was funny. And he snores. LOUD.

He also loves to "attack" feet. I don't know why but he just loves to go after them. Sometimes if I'm standing at the counter he'll come up behind me and put me in a leg lock and just start chewing on my ankle.

When we go to take him out to potty he will do at least a thousand spins on his way down the hallway which is hilarious.

He hates the "Gangham Style" dance and goes apesh*t if I start doing.

He also has figured out how to spell, mind read and figure out the looks my husband I give each other when we're going to walk him. It's really freaky.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    So my dog does this thing every once in a while. He will be fast asleep, laying on his side in any ol' place he chooses. All the sudden, I will hear this high-pitched, repetative whimpering sound. When I tip-toe over to check on him, he is twitching. It's hilarious to watch. He just lays there, eyes closed, twitching and whimpering. He must be having some fantastic dream about chasing a cat or squirrels or birds or something.

What sort of quirky things do your dogs do, MFP? I want to know what makes your dog unique!

My dog does the exact same thing...but my dog is dreaming about bicthes not birds and squirrels. I know this for a FACT!
  • JustJennie1
    Options

Completely OT: I LOVE your avatar. She cracks me up! That show rocks.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options

Oh no no no....not the visual, please, no!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    My dog does the other dogs in the neighborhood.:bigsmile:
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options

Mine does too but I'm always worried that she's having a nightmare so I wake her up. Lol. She must hate me.
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My dog lets out the silent but definitely violent dog farts...you know where all you hear is a whoosh type noise and then all of a sudden the paint starts to peel off the walls.

He is also afraid of the vacuum, yep 120 pound Rotweiler totally chicken of the vacuum. Every time we break it out he all of a sudden has something to do down in the basement!
  • Countryboy_
    Countryboy_ Posts: 618
    Options

All month long, or just shark week?
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    My dog lets out the silent but definitely violent dog farts...you know where all you hear is a whoosh type noise and then all of a sudden the paint starts to peel off the walls.

He is also afraid of the vacuum, yep 120 pound Rotweiler totally chicken of the vacuum. Every time we break it out he all of a sudden has something to do down in the basement!

My dog attacks the vacuum. I actually have fun taking the attachment and I'll chase him around the kitchen with it. And no, I'm not being mean or cruel. He loves it because I'll duck down and hide from him and he'll come creeping and peek around the corner to see where I am and then go ape and run away.
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My dogs will start running in their sleep and sound like they are chasing rabbits. They are beagles, so they are obsessed with chasing rabbits and squirrels. One of the dogs MUST greet me with a present whenever I come home. She runs and grabs a stuffed animal and brings it to me. She is clearly a vicious killer in her own mind (even though she loves belly rubs) :-)
  • wendyhutchesonwasden
    wendyhutchesonwasden Posts: 140 Member
    Options

All month long, or just shark week?

Ahaha! that's terrible!! HAHA
  • scarlette2358
    scarlette2358 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My rottweiler chases birds....but he runs with his head straight up in the air and smacks into trees b/c he's too busy looking at the birdie. He also stares at me for an uncomfortable amount of time crying for no reason.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    My dog is a cat.
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    My dog licks everything, he rolls on things before eating them or playing with things