My dog has dog dreams ...

Options

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    My lab mix will lie on my bed and bite his nails while I'm trying to sleep. My pit mix thinks her job is to lick my mouth any chance she gets. When I get home, I have to bend down and at least let her lick my chin so she'll chill out. She acts like it's a miracle that I came back. I love that dog. Well, both of them. :smile:

I play hide & seek with my dog and he's so excited and happy when he finds me. It's pretty funny.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    my dog has dreams like that too, it's hillarious!!

She also likes to go and sit by my husband when she is done eating so he will pet her, then she lets out a belch :smile:

She's also VERY spoiled...in the mornig you ask her "inside or kennel", and she walks either to her kennel or to the front door...so she chooses where she spends the day while we are at work. Also has her own queen size bed in the spare bedroom and various blankets throughout the house for her to lay on.....and no, we don't have children haha :happy:
  • The_Outlaw_Torn
    The_Outlaw_Torn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Our Bordador can rival me in snoring.
  • Montegue42
    Options
    My dog can turn off electronics if he thinks he's not getting enough attention....computers, stereo, etc. Anything that has a power button that is in reach.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    my dog has dreams like that too, it's hillarious!!

She also likes to go and sit by my husband when she is done eating so he will pet her, then she lets out a belch :smile:

She's also VERY spoiled...in the mornig you ask her "inside or kennel", and she walks either to her kennel or to the front door...so she chooses where she spends the day while we are at work. Also has her own queen size bed in the spare bedroom and various blankets throughout the house for her to lay on.....and no, we don't have children haha :happy:

My dog claimed the bed in the spare room as his own. When we head up for the night he sleeps in our room on his big pillow bed and sometimes as I'm heading up with him he'll look longingly into the spare bedroom and let out an annoyed sigh.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    All I got to say is dogs and peanut butter
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    He is also afraid of the vacuum, yep 120 pound Rotweiler totally chicken of the vacuum. Every time we break it out he all of a sudden has something to do down in the basement!

Our dog (70lb Golden Retriever) is also afraid of the vacuum. He can't run to the basement though, cause he's afraid of that too.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    my dog gets so excited she jumps higher than she should and usually lands on her side....she also bites my toes and when i kick her for doing so she opens and closes her mouth a few times in shock and walks away with a wounded look....she also does the dream whimper and twitch...

she also talks, all day long...especially if you look at her, never make eye contact
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    My dog likes to sleeps all the time and watches t.v.

i brought her on a walk once and she and layed down.. she was like fucckkk thiss shhit. i brought her home and she took a nap.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Our Bordador can rival me in snoring.

True story! Get them both in the same room together and it turns into a competition.
  • jnichel
    Options
    My cat does this!

He will be sleeping on his side, then must start dreaming about running, because his arms and legs are going like there is no tomorrow. Then he stops and twitches a little and goes back to his deep sleep.

Your cat has arms? Whoa.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    So my dog does this thing every once in a while. He will be fast asleep, laying on his side in any ol' place he chooses. All the sudden, I will hear this high-pitched, repetative whimpering sound. When I tip-toe over to check on him, he is twitching. It's hilarious to watch. He just lays there, eyes closed, twitching and whimpering. He must be having some fantastic dream about chasing a cat or squirrels or birds or something.

What sort of quirky things do your dogs do, MFP? I want to know what makes your dog unique!

Both of my pups do that!

And they are both terrified of thunder. They hear it before I do and start wigging out.
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    My dog does the same thing when she is dreaming. It is so funny, but I usually call her name to save her from the evil squirrel in the dream =)

She also takes my wash clothes with perfumed soap and rolls on them. She usually waits until I am done bathing, but there has been the occasional "bad day" where she just dives her head into the tub then runs. She has also jumped into the tub and/or shower with me, only to be booted out. But, she hates getting a bath, lol! She is a lab.

She has the bad habit of huffing and puffing at people when they sit in her "spot" on the couch. Think Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory."

She tattles on our son whenever he is doing something that he is not supposed to.

She picks tomatoes off of a slice of pizza, after spitting out the pizza in front of the microwave if it is cold. Spoiled much?!?!

I could go on, but I won't bore you =)
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My dog keeps trying to be friends with my cat. You'd think the constant swatting at her face with claws would be a hint, but oh no.... she has to try to be friends again a few seconds later.
  • jnichel
    Options
    Our dog loves to destroy things, but not in a "rrrrraaaahhhhhh I'm a big dog" manner. Give him a stuffed animal and he will methodically make a tiny hole in it then proceed to pull out all the stuffing until there is nothing left but the husk. Tennis balls? He loves to peel the fuzz off of them. We have bald tennis balls all over the house. Cardboard box? He'll slowly tear it into small pieces. He likes to "protect" our 12yo son when I try to wake him up in the morning by getting up on his bed and blocking me from touching the kid, and barking as loud as he can when I say, "time to get up". He's got to be in the same room as my wife, unless she's vacuuming, then he stays just outside the doorway of the room she's in. When he hears my alarm go off in the morning, he gets off the sofa in the living room, and gets into my spot in the bed, right next to my wife, and will stay there until he hears me getting sandwich meat out of the fridge to make my lunch (will come lay right in the doorway to the kitchen, waiting patiently for me to give him a slice of ham).
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    My dog keeps trying to be friends with my cat. You'd think the constant swatting at her face with claws would be a hint, but oh no.... she has to try to be friends again a few seconds later.

My dog does the same thing. Yet, she has no desire to befriend another dog. Silly dog!
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    Our dog loves to destroy things, but not in a "rrrrraaaahhhhhh I'm a big dog" manner. Give him a stuffed animal and he will methodically make a tiny hole in it then proceed to pull out all the stuffing until there is nothing left but the husk. Tennis balls? He loves to peel the fuzz off of them. We have ball tennis balls all over the house. Cardboard box? He'll slowly tear it into small pieces. He likes to "protect" our 12yo son when I try to wake him up in the morning by getting up on his bed and blocking me from touching the kid, and barking as loud as he can when I say, "time to get up". He's got to be in the same room as my wife, unless she's vacuuming, then he stays just outside the doorway of the room she's in. When he hears my alarm go off in the morning, he gets off the sofa in the living room, and gets into my spot in the bed, right next to my wife, and will stay there until he hears me getting sandwich meat out of the fridge to make my lunch (will come lay right in the doorway to the kitchen, waiting patiently for me to give him a slice of ham).

My dog rips the eyes off of her stuffed animals first, then rips off a back leg. Every. Single. Time. A few weeks later, she will rip out the stuffing very carefully. Dogs sure are something else.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    My lab mix will lie on my bed and bite his nails while I'm trying to sleep. My pit mix thinks her job is to lick my mouth any chance she gets. When I get home, I have to bend down and at least let her lick my chin so she'll chill out. She acts like it's a miracle that I came back. I love that dog. Well, both of them. :smile:

I play hide & seek with my dog and he's so excited and happy when he finds me. It's pretty funny.

I do that, too! Stitch isn't nearly as excited as Dolly.
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My dog lets out the silent but definitely violent dog farts...you know where all you hear is a whoosh type noise and then all of a sudden the paint starts to peel off the walls.

He is also afraid of the vacuum, yep 120 pound Rotweiler totally chicken of the vacuum. Every time we break it out he all of a sudden has something to do down in the basement!

My boyfriends dogs too!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • livelaughlovecrazy
    livelaughlovecrazy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    2 of my dogs snore louder than any of the people in my house lol. One is a huge Mastiff mix, the other is a Chihuahua XD It's really amusing when I roll over to yell at my guy for snoring, and come to find out it's the dog.

Oso (the Mastiff) is the weirdest pup ever...he barks at planes and blimps and goes CRAZY running around the yard "chasing" them. Doesn't do this with cars or ANYTHING else....

Oh, and the other day I was told my roomate the apparently he now barks at flies. Yes..flies.

He's a special one.