In a Calorie Quandry

MeMyCatsandI
MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
I'm trying to figure out how many calories worth of frosting I just ate. Here are the facts, please help:
Baby shower
Costco cake
Cake was cut into approximately 48 pieces
The baby is due on April 3rd
It was not my baby shower
I am not pregnant

I ate:
The frosting scraped off the cake knife after cutting approximately 1/2 the cake
The frosting off the piece of cake the cake server placed on my plate
The frosting that my new best friend Mike scraped off his cake and placed on my plate

I drank:
1 cup of DIET Coke, mostly ice, so subtract those calories :bigsmile:

I did NOT eat:
Any actual cake, so subtract those calories too :drinker:

More facts:
I did not bring my food scale or my measuring cups because I fear the stares of others
I currently have a sugar high that is quickly wearing off

Question:
How much frosting did I eat?
Please note: It would be helpful for me (for today's frositng outing and those yet to come) if you could provide your answer in TBSP and cups
:love: mmmmmmFROSTING

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    congrats, you ate like 7-8g of trans fat. You GONNA DIE!!!!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    congrats, you ate like 7-8g of trans fat. You GONNA DIE!!!!
    Nah, 7-8g apparently won't kill me. I've eaten more frosting than this before!
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Just say a cup!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    Just say a cup!
    I'd rather say 1/2 cup. It sounds more girlish, doncha think?
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    All I want to know is why didn't you eat ALL OF THE FROSTING?

Assuming it was the buttercreme-type stuff and not that faked whipped fake stuff of fakeness.
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    who invited Mike to the shower? There's your answer. you're welcome.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    If it wasn't attached to the cake the calories don't count.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    All I want to know is why didn't you eat ALL OF THE FROSTING?

Assuming it was the buttercreme-type stuff and not that faked whipped fake stuff of fakeness.

Yes, buttercream. Although the inside was chocolate mousse.

There were other people in the room. As I said I, fear the stares of others. Hence why I did not eat ALL the frosting.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    680 calories per tablespoon, and about 10 tablespoons equal a cup. Good luck working that off!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    who invited Mike to the shower? There's your answer. you're welcome.
    I better ask him. Maybe he crashed.
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    What was the level of decoration on your piece or Mike's piece? Was the cake mostly flat frosting with writing, or did it have those massive balloons Costco puts on many of their cakes? Were they corner pieces?

My husband's favorite part of Costco cake was the frosting (before he started counting calories and lost 40 pounds), so I actually can picture the pile of frosting on your plate. That makes me pretty pathetic. I'm going to guess that you had about 1/2 - 3/4 cup. Unless there were a lot of decorations and/or corner pieces. Then bump it to a cup.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    If it wasn't attached to the cake the calories don't count.
    That seems reasonable.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Just say a cup!

The knife - 2 Tablespoons
    The cake (yours and mikes) - 4 Tablespoons (assuming that it was cut in squares, and had frosting on the top, and one side)

Now if you did the frosting lovers thing and grabbed the corner pieces that has frosting on two sides I would add another tablespoon per side....
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    I'm trying to figure out how many calories worth of frosting I just ate. Here are the facts, please help:
    Baby shower
    Costco cake
    Cake was cut into approximately 48 pieces
    The baby is due on April 3rd
    It was not my baby shower
    I am not pregnant

I ate:
    The frosting scraped off the cake knife after cutting approximately 1/2 the cake
    The frosting off the piece of cake the cake server placed on my plate
    The frosting that my new best friend Mike scraped off his cake and placed on my plate

I drank:
    1 cup of DIET Coke, mostly ice, so subtract those calories :bigsmile:

I did NOT eat:
    Any actual cake, so subtract those calories too :drinker:

More facts:
    I did not bring my food scale or my measuring cups because I fear the stares of others
    I currently have a sugar high that is quickly wearing off

Question:
    How much frosting did I eat?
    Please note: It would be helpful for me (for today's frositng outing and those yet to come) if you could provide your answer in TBSP and cups
    :love: mmmmmmFROSTING

I can't answer that until you tell me what time the train left the station and how fast it was traveling:bigsmile:
  • MeMyCatsandI
    680 calories per tablespoon, and about 10 tablespoons equal a cup. Good luck working that off!
    I think I already walked if off when I walked across the street to Starbucks this morning.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    Just say a cup!

The knife - 2 Tablespoons
    The cake (yours and mikes) - 4 Tablespoons (assuming that it was cut in squares, and had frosting on the top, and one side)

Now if you did the frosting lovers thing and grabbed the corner pieces that has frosting on two sides I would add another tablespoon per side....
    My piece was a center piece. The cake server was rude that way. Mike's piece was a corner..
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Ok, if we estimate that each piece of a Costco cake has "1 serving" of frosting, and that said serving is 2 Tbs, I would guess that you ate probably 6-8 or so Tb (4 from the 2 pieces, plus another 2-4 at least from the knife). But then, I'm pretty much guessing. (BTW, 8 Tb=1/2 cup)
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Sharing too much frosting with your new best friend Mike can lead to pregnancy.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Frosting without cake is a negative calorie food. Congrats on that.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    What was the level of decoration on your piece or Mike's piece? Was the cake mostly flat frosting with writing, or did it have those massive balloons Costco puts on many of their cakes? Were they corner pieces?

My husband's favorite part of Costco cake was the frosting (before he started counting calories and lost 40 pounds), so I actually can picture the pile of frosting on your plate. That makes me pretty pathetic. I'm going to guess that you had about 1/2 - 3/4 cup. Unless there were a lot of decorations and/or corner pieces. Then bump it to a cup.
    Nope no decorations. There were words written on the cake... I assume something like... Congrats on the baby blah, blah, blah. But I didn't take the time to read it.