Back fat

Any exercises that will target these areas? Lower back looks good, but need to tone the rest.

Replies

• erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    If you are talking building muscles, I'm a fan of pushups and bent over rows.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Bump
  • jrozas
    jrozas Posts: 2
    You can't spot reduce fat on your body. You just need to start losing fat generally and the fat will go away on its own. If you are looking to tone and build up the muscle in the lower back def hyperextensions target lower back muscles.
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    You can't spot reduce fat on your body. You just need to start losing fat generally and the fat will go away on its own. If you are looking to tone and build up the muscle in the lower back def hyperextensions target lower back muscles.

He's right! You should start focusing on strength training and weights. That will get your metabolism up and burn fat from every where on your body. Plus, you need to really focus on what you are eating. Make sure its good and clean, but still getting enough calories to keep the muscles working and burning fat.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    PULL UPS
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    creamy biscuit bench presses
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    tricep kick backs
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member

What he said .

You can't target weight loss in a certain body area regardless of what exercise you use.

Just keep working hard and it will come.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    No spot reducing. Build lean body mass with compound weight lifting exercises like squats, bent-over rows, pullups, military presses, etc.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    You can't spot reduce. Just have to lose the overall body fat. Suggestions would be to eat at a calorie deficit and include strength training with your exercise regiment.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    :ohwell: :tongue: You see, you've just brought out all the weight lifters.....

I've been on here for 60 days now, and I've been walking (just around locally, nothing crazy) and doing aerobic and toning work-outs (Rosemary Conley) and my back fat has visibly decreased. Some of the toning involves weights/water bottles, but its all manageable in your living room (even if its not huge). I do a 20 min aerobic before breakfast and a longer one when I come home (but still only 30-40 mins max) and the inches haven't changed more than a tad (oooh, very precise!) but the back boobs are distinctly diminished!

I've never been a sporty/keep fit nut - I've probably done more exercise the last two months than in my last two years at school! - but by doing small amounts 2-3 times a day I can get a surprising amount in. And no gym fees - hey, I can not go to the gym for free, rather than paying to not go to the gym like some of my colleagues:laugh:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    You must be new here.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    It puts the lotion on the skin or else it gets the hose again.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Try some in n outs
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    11 posts = new, generally....
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    creamy biscuit bench presses

This.

Or erector spinae tail waggles
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Try some in n outs

Or 5 guys.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Try some in n outs

In-N-Out_dd_a.jpg

Agreed, that'll definitely help.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Here we go... ask someone what exercise to work ____ and everyone barks no spot reducing. Anyone here who strength trains or lifts heavy KNOWS you can't just do cardio or bicep exercises and expect a flat, stomach. That results in the skinny fat look and that example goes for anywhere else around the body

I get what you are asking OP.. ASSUMING already that you eat at a deficit and incorporate strength training, try pull ups, pull downs, deadlifts, rows, etc,. If you can use weights for the rows, that's even better. Don't neglect the rest of your body when doing this

Best of luck
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Ok, here are your step by step instructions:

1. Read this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/915825-awesome-backs-lets-see-it

2. Be inspired

3. Read thread again, this time focusing on the routines (pretty much all strength training) others are doing to get their backs to look this way. This will be the most difficult step because all of the great pictures will be distracting. There are words in there, though.

4. Head to the gym after watching a few videos regarding compound barbell lifts

5. Repeat as necessary for desired result.