How many $$$ to be expensive - Restaurant?

Options

Replies

• helplesslyhappy
    Options
    Definitely the better the experience the more expensive it is.

But other than McDonalds I don't see it being cheap really...overall most places will add up if you are 2+ people
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    she pushed you out of her vagina, let her have her $22 salads

rofl

OMG I didn't even see he was harshing on the mom. dude. have some respect. she's your mother for crying out loud. if she wants to throw her salad in the air like so much confetti let her!
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    20$ per person is expensive to me. If you have to leave a tip, I'm out. I like to eat at grocery stores.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    20$ per person is expensive to me. If you have to leave a tip, I'm out. I like to eat at grocery stores.

match made in heaven...hey OP... check out the author of the above post, you're meant to be. at the grocery store. lol.
    86061750_3281.jpg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Screw that, i will just pick up a sandwich from the gas station. $3.99
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    she pushed you out of her vagina, let her have her $22 salads

$22 of wasted lasgana. LOL. I didn't mind paying for her to eat, but she didn't eat, just like she never eats. Might as well have opened my wallet, taken 22 bucks out, and set it on fire.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options

match made in heaven...hey OP... check out the author of the above post, you're meant to be. at the grocery store. lol.
    86061750_3281.jpg

Well if someone else is paying I could spend like 50-100 on a meal :)!!! So the OP and I wouldn't be such good restaurant buddies after all.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Ever been to an expensive restaurant and leave hungry?

Recent "Nice" restaurant visit -
    My appetizer was three oysters for $12
    My entree was two scallops, three steamed baby carrots, a melon-balled serving of mashed potatoes and a spring of parsley for $28
    My dessert was a shot glass sized creme brulee for $16
    I drank way too much on a very empty stomach because I was so hungry - PRICELESS

We stopped at grocery store after leaving the restaurant and bought a roasted chicken $7 and ate the whole thing in his car. LOL
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Per person

0-10 Cheap, 10-25 Moderate, 25-55 Expensive, 55+ Pretentious

So paying for quality food, if it's more than 55 dollars per person, is pretentious? But paying 7 dollars for a coffee at starbucks is regularly accepted.

I hate this world.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    maybe I'm weird.. but the only time I considered a restaurant overly expensive was when it was $200.00 for 2 people. My husband and I usually spend about 100.00 for the two of us going to our favorite restaurant. We only get to go it twice a year though
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    maybe I'm weird.. but the only time I considered a restaurant overly expensive was when it was $200.00 for 2 people. My husband and I usually spend about 100.00 for the two of us going to our favorite restaurant. We only get to go it twice a year though
    im with you.. i have no problem spending that much great food.. even going to a ****ty chain restaurant (texas roadhouse applebees that kinda.stuff) i have to spend $40-60 on myself because potion sizes suck *kitten*. So two appetizers one or two entrees and one or two desserts.. bam easy $60.. orrrrr i can go a great place get a 30oz ribeye with all kinds of sides a relish tray bread basket fantastic apps and dessert for about the same.. im going for great food every time
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    The hubby and I don't eat out often but if we do we go all out. We usually end up with tabs of $100 or more for two of us. That doesn't always include drinks,
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Since I'm poor, i would say that McDonald's is too expensive.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Per person

So paying for quality food, if it's more than 55 dollars per person, is pretentious? But paying 7 dollars for a coffee at starbucks is regularly accepted.

I hate this world.

No, $7 for a cup of coffee is *very* pretentious.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    something over £40 for two without tip i think would be pricey however there are times when we've managed to pay £60 or so.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    If an entree costs more than $12, then it's getting expensive. I wouldn't pay $15+ for an entree unless it was a special occasion.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Per person

I hate this world.

Yes, paying $55 for a tiny portion of food that's arranged like a modern art project is pretentious.
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have spent $200 on a meal for the two of us, but it was the best damn steak we ever ate. If we are going out, with family or friends, the most we spend is $10 a person and that includes tip.
  • sixout
    Options
    Per person

I hate this world.

No, $7 for a cup of coffee is *very* pretentious.

Does no one know what pretentious actually means anymore?

Eating somewhere expensive, or having something expensive does not make one pretentious. Doing so because you think it makes you better than someone else, or doing so when you really can't afford it but want to be considered higher class, yes. That's pretentious.

Doing so because it's something you enjoy, can afford, and don't simply do it to rub it in people's faces or try to act better, is not pretentious. It's called enjoying what you have.
  • sixout
    Options
    Per person

I hate this world.

Yes, paying $55 for a tiny portion of food that's arranged like a modern art project is pretentious.

Read my last reply. Tell me how it is pretentious if I enjoy the atmosphere of a place, and the quality of food, to pay 75 dollars a plate, when I do it with someone I care about, and don't rub it in your face, or try to claim I'm better than you because I do it. And I don't go out of my way to do it when I can't afford it?