How many $$$ to be expensive - Restaurant?

Options
12346»

Replies

• amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Per person

0-10 Cheap, 10-25 Moderate, 25-55 Expensive, 55+ Pretentious

So paying for quality food, if it's more than 55 dollars per person, is pretentious? But paying 7 dollars for a coffee at starbucks is regularly accepted.

I hate this world.

Yes, paying $55 for a tiny portion of food that's arranged like a modern art project is pretentious.

Read my last reply. Tell me how it is pretentious if I enjoy the atmosphere of a place, and the quality of food, to pay 75 dollars a plate, when I do it with someone I care about, and don't rub it in your face, or try to claim I'm better than you because I do it. And I don't go out of my way to do it when I can't afford it?

This is exactly what I was thinking.

whoops quoted the wrong one, I meant to quote the one where you talked about the definition of pretentious
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Per person

0-10 Cheap, 10-25 Moderate, 25-55 Expensive, 55+ Pretentious

So paying for quality food, if it's more than 55 dollars per person, is pretentious? But paying 7 dollars for a coffee at starbucks is regularly accepted.

I hate this world.

Yes, paying $55 for a tiny portion of food that's arranged like a modern art project is pretentious.

Read my last reply. Tell me how it is pretentious if I enjoy the atmosphere of a place, and the quality of food, to pay 75 dollars a plate, when I do it with someone I care about, and don't rub it in your face, or try to claim I'm better than you because I do it. And I don't go out of my way to do it when I can't afford it?

This is exactly what I was thinking.

whoops quoted the wrong one, I meant to quote the one where you talked about the definition of pretentious

Same premise in both, really.

I dislike someone trying to look down on me for doing something I enjoy, because they think I'm looking down on someone else. The irony burns.