Would you be mad if.....

Options
A teller at your bank that you frequently go to asked for your ID?

Replies

• KissMyAx
    KissMyAx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Maybe you look different or its a new teller. I wouldn't be mad. They're just doing their job.
  • loseweightIhope
    Options
    No because they might have a policy that they are suppose to ask. Even though they know you, they might get in trouble or lose their job if they do not follow the policy, and ask for the ID. I would see it as they are doing their job.

Now if they wanted to see my ID and look at my weight, well that would just be rude!
  • nberr
    nberr Posts: 29
    Options
    I'd be more worried if they freely completed transactions without asking for ID.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I would rather know they followed policy every single time. It IS for your own protection you know...
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    No. It's her job.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    No. I would just assume they were curious if I was always this handsome.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I'd be more worried if they freely completed transactions without asking for ID.
    '

yepper
  • mrslehan2013
    Options
    I'm glad you see it llike I do! I am a head teller and have all new tellers. Each one of them have been doing their job and IDing customers. And most of the customers freak out and try the excuse " well I have been banking here for ___ years". Just because I know 90% of my customers does not give them the right to treat my tellers like crap and yell at them. They are just doing my job. And I know those customers would be furious if a new teller gave money out of their account to someone who wasn't on the account because they weren't IDd.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    No because they might have a policy that they are suppose to ask. Even though they know you, they might get in trouble or lose their job if they do not follow the policy, and ask for the ID. I would see it as they are doing their job.

Now if they wanted to see my ID and look at my weight, well that would just be rude!

There are a couple of places I go to regularly and they have to ask for ID, but when I take it out, they'll just glance at it really quick just because they have to ask and have to check. I wouldn't take it personally :)

I used to work at Pizza Hut and my manager was really strict about making sure we checked EVERYONE'S ID's when they ordered beer. This guy ordered one and I asked for his ID. He was at least 60 if he was a day, but I had to ask anyway. He asked if I was serious and I told him that that was the policy.
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    No their told to do it times are tough people need a job I wouldn't be mad not unless it was like show me you're I'd you ****er
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    nope. wouldn't care at all.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone be mad about that?..What's the reasoning for this question?
  • mrslehan2013
    Options
    I don't know but apparently a lot of people are mad about it. I was just curious to see how many people really have problems with it.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    No.... It's a bank!!!!
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Im 1000% more upset with the OP than the question posed. Put down the glue please. Thank you.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you see it llike I do! I am a head teller and have all new tellers. Each one of them have been doing their job and IDing customers. And most of the customers freak out and try the excuse " well I have been banking here for ___ years". Just because I know 90% of my customers does not give them the right to treat my tellers like crap and yell at them. They are just doing my job. And I know those customers would be furious if a new teller gave money out of their account to someone who wasn't on the account because they weren't IDd.

Regulars do this at my job too. I'm like, if you're so ****ing regular, you notice when someone is new. Get over it.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    FFS.

I would rather have my ID asked for every single time than think that some yahoo at the bank is being irresponsible and I am going to lose money.

Ever had your debit card hacked?

Come on, think.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    No.
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    I'm always thankful when someone asks for my ID. They're just doing their job, and protecting you.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I have much more important things to worry about. WHO IS JUSTIN BEIBER DATING NOW?!