Would you be mad if.....

Options

Replies

• rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Why would you be mad? That's just silly.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'd be happy.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I actually work for a bank, on the mortgage side. We have an employee banking center (branch) in our building. The tellers know me. They still ask for ID because they are required to do so. shrug...
  • becky6m
    becky6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    No, but then again I don't even give them a chance to ask. I always pull it out first and hand it to them.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    No, but then again I don't even give them a chance to ask. I always pull it out first and hand it to them.

I do too sometimes. Oh wait, wrong topic.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    No, not at all!!
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    When it comes to my money, they best be asking for my ID!!! I would probably flip out if they didn't ask.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    People have very sheltered and easy lives if they have energy on reserve to get angry about showing their ID to a bank teller.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not at all.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    A teller at your bank that you frequently go to asked for your ID?

You can purchase alcohol at your bank? I need to switch banks.

LOL! Me too!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Really?! Someone with access to all of my finances AND who protects me from having my identity stolen? ...no, I would bring him/her cookies and a hug from time to time.
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    I've worked in retail branch banking for years and see this all the time. It's only an isolated few, and as long as you have your tellers explain that it's only to protect the integrity of their account then that's really all you can do. Can't please everyone! :bigsmile:

Now I DO believe that you should take things on a case by case basis too, for example if you have a known customer that forgot their ID and a new teller refuses the transaction, you should be able to override that if you in fact know the customer well yourself. Don't want to lose a good banking relationship because your branch wasn't flexible.

I work for Chase, BTW.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you see it llike I do! I am a head teller and have all new tellers. Each one of them have been doing their job and IDing customers. And most of the customers freak out and try the excuse " well I have been banking here for ___ years". Just because I know 90% of my customers does not give them the right to treat my tellers like crap and yell at them. They are just doing my job. And I know those customers would be furious if a new teller gave money out of their account to someone who wasn't on the account because they weren't IDd.

Some people just want a reason to fuss and talk down to people in service positions. Can you post signs a each station stating that each customer is REQUIRED to show a photo ID? (You probably already do though, huh?)

^^^ this. and I totally don't understand why some people feel the need to do this. Unless they think talking down to others makes them look big? Well it doesn't, it makes them look like a complete tool. So much so that it would instantly make me dislike a person if they did this (although I accept that occasionally people just get stressed and frustrated, that's not the same). Manners cost nothing.
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'd be more worried if they freely completed transactions without asking for ID.

^^^^ I agree!!
  • mrslehan2013
    Options
    Yup...we have signs saying that you may be asked for identification for any transaction.
  • mrslehan2013
    Options
    Oh, I would totally make that exception!! It's nice to see someone else who works for a bank on here! I work for Bankers Trust a bank in Iowa. This is one of the few sites I can access at work so I just needed to vent!
  • mrslehan2013
    Options
    Really?! Someone with access to all of my finances AND who protects me from having my identity stolen? ...no, I would bring him/her cookies and a hug from time to time.

Lol...Come to my bank!!!!!!!!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    A teller at your bank that you frequently go to asked for your ID?

No, because something as simple as a bank policy that REQUIRES a photo ID with every transaction could be to blame. My bank has card readers at every teller, and you have to swipe your debit/credit/ATM card at the start of a transaction that requires access to any of your accounts.

That and I do like knowing they are protecting MY money that way.

JM
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    No. Not at all.
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Im 1000% more upset with the OP than the question posed. Put down the glue please. Thank you.

im mad that i made it this far down the post...