SHAKEOLOGY - Day 1 from a Skeptic

Options
123457»

Replies

• AshleyG31
    AshleyG31 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey mrskatielong! I appreciate you sharing your input. I absolutely think you are on the right track. I haven't tried any Shakeology but I am starting to use Advocare products and they are helping me tremendously. They have a meal replacement that I am going to start using. But like you said the cravings are a killer sometimes and the fullness takes your mind off of your body turning on you. Good luck and thank you for your post. I hope to hear more from you.
  • TriciaG82
    TriciaG82 Posts: 3
    Options
    Did anyone even listen to what the scientist in this thread said? Might be a good thing to do. Go back and read then buy food.. or a cheaper shake if you are just craving a sweet drink.

Sadly, nobody ever does. That's why these threads are always brought back from the dead when they are months old, just like this one. Give it a couple more months and we'll see this thread resurrected once more when a butthurt coach posts again about the wonders of their magic powder.

This.

And I also find it amusing that fact OP posted this in July titled Day 1. Last post by the OP - July, same day.

Can you really blame them? If I posted and then all this bashing, defending, etc happened I would not come back to post more.
  • TriciaG82
    Options
    My husband was using shakeology to replace his breakfast and liked the product. Long story short-- he had some extensive lab work done by the endocrinologist (nothing to do with weight loss) and some results were very "off". When asked if he was on any "medication" that would skew the results-- no meds, just drinking Shakology. Dr said, don't drink it for 14 days and we will redo the labs. Result, Shakology is a fine product, but will skew your liver levels on any lab work. Makes it look like your a hard core liquor drinker.

Everyone is different. I am a recovering alcoholic. I drink Shakeology. My liver levels are normal.
  • TriciaG82
    Options
    Since I am a coach, I know I am biased. I will not get into the benefits and how I love it. Frankly, if someone doesn't want to try it they won't. There's no reason to insist on trying to change their attitudes.

I was very surprised by the people who were downright rude to other posters though. I thought the point of this board was to motivate and support others who are trying to be healthy and better their lives?

This is my first time to the message boards and I can honestly say it will be my last.
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think it's so strange that shakeology gets such a bad rap around here.....as though its some sort of scam. Unless the label is a lie they obviously went out of heir way to pack it with a hell of a lot of nutrition - including leafy greens.

I agree that you, at some point, must go back to normal food. but, as someone who alternates days between shakes and regular food, shakes helped me get a handle on my right and jump started my diet plans.

I definitely don't plan on drinking Shakeology forever. I am merely helping myself get used to a different craving in the mornings. And get those added nutrients along the way. :)

Thanks for your comments.

i totally get what you mean. Don't see anything wrong with re-training your brain until you work up to something different. I think that point is being missed a bit here.
    I've considered doing shakeology simply because i find it very, very difficult to eat in the morning. To the point of feeling sick just thinking about food until i am up for a good few hours. Buuuut...then i get hangry and that's not good.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I think it's so strange that shakeology gets such a bad rap around here.....as though its some sort of scam. Unless the label is a lie they obviously went out of heir way to pack it with a hell of a lot of nutrition - including leafy greens.

I agree that you, at some point, must go back to normal food. but, as someone who alternates days between shakes and regular food, shakes helped me get a handle on my right and jump started my diet plans.

I definitely don't plan on drinking Shakeology forever. I am merely helping myself get used to a different craving in the mornings. And get those added nutrients along the way. :)

i totally get what you mean. Don't see anything wrong with re-training your brain until you work up to something different. I think that point is being missed a bit here.
    I've considered doing shakeology simply because i find it very, very difficult to eat in the morning. To the point of feeling sick just thinking about food until i am up for a good few hours. Buuuut...then i get hangry and that's not good.

Wouldn't the much cheaper alternative of not eating in the morning be a better idea?
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Wouldn't the much cheaper alternative of not eating in the morning be a better idea?

I don't think so. But i guess you could ask the people who have to live with me... :laugh:
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have wanted to try Shakeology. The price is the only thing that holds me back. I say whatever works for you as an individual go for it!!
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Since I am a coach, I know I am biased. I will not get into the benefits and how I love it. Frankly, if someone doesn't want to try it they won't. There's no reason to insist on trying to change their attitudes.

I was very surprised by the people who were downright rude to other posters though. I thought the point of this board was to motivate and support others who are trying to be healthy and better their lives?

This is my first time to the message boards and I can honestly say it will be my last.

Of course it is because no one wants to hear your Shakeology sales pitch.
  • scordova08
    Options
    I have been doing shakeology for a bit over a month. I love it. The price had me skeptical for a minute too. It breaks down to around $4 a day I think and well worth every penny. I feel better, my hair seems healthier, my skin is clearing up, and I feel like I am treating myself to sweets everyday so it has curbed my cravings quite a bit.

I believe that whatever you BELIEVE will work WILL.

Good luck on your journey :)