Your Parents Named you What?!!

Options

Replies

• WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You would think the name zoey was common enough but i still get people who say it's a weird name. The other day at the post office the guy asked me if my parents were sleepy and misspelled joey because my name "made no sense."

:mad:
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Guy I used to work with Harry Butux. The company we worked for had a roll call every morning during training. Good thing this guy had a great sense of humor.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Know a nice couple with the last name Kill...:noway:
  • sirabbadon
    sirabbadon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You would think the name zoey was common enough but i still get people who say it's a weird name. The other day at the post office the guy asked me if my parents were sleepy and misspelled joey because my name "made no sense."

:mad:

Poor, ignorant people. Zoey is derivative from the greek word for life: ζωή (zoe). It is the same word from which English gets its word for zoo and zoology.
  • MollyKid
    MollyKid Posts: 11
    Options
    My son and daughter-in-law just named my first grandson: Colton Danger.... My son is a Austin Powers fan.... I like it.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Lemonjello-Luh-mon-juh-lo
    Orangejello-Uh-ron-juh-lo
    1) I knew somebody that taught elementary school-age twins with those names! Primary accent on 2nd syllable, secondary on last.
    2) I watched an interview where Luther Vandross admitted that 'Ronzoni' is his real first name and Luther is his middle. His mom hadn't thought of a name yet and look around the room and saw it on a box of pasta.
    3) I have 2 nephews that 4 names each (e.g. 2 middle names). One of their middle names is "Montez", short for "Montezuma" which is what his mom's high school students voted for. The other nephew (his younger brother) would've been named "Venus" if he was a girl! *whew*
    4) Former co-worker had a niece... when she was born, she went to visit a few days later. She asked her sister if settled on a name. Apparently mommy didn't think it through ahead of time, cuz her initials ended up being K.K.K! ... and she's African-American!
    5) On my last job, there was an Eddie Edwards, a Mike Michaelson, a Mitch Mitchell, and a Pete Pederson (yeah, a 'D' in last name, but close enough)
    6) My dentist's last name is Puller!
    7) Famous martial arts franchise in this area named after the founder... Dong!
    8) I knew a consultant named 'Kong Chin'. No big deal... except that his company made a first time ever exception for him for their login naming convention, which was 'last name + first initial'!
    9) Ophelia Balls - Imagine seeing that name on a "Hi! I'm..." name tag during orientation! Laughs abound!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    My ex's Gf daughters name is Soley pronounced so lay ...SMH that childs is gonna have an interesting high school time
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I know a four year old little boy whose parents named him Delete. Honestly. Poor kid.
  • sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    School alumn: Outerbridge Horsie, III

My childhood dentist: Dr. Feltwell

My therapist (for a very short time because I could not keep a straight face): Dr. Jackofsky
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    There's a guy that works for the forestry department in Oregon, named Tim Burr. No kidding.

Also, I had a close call - my parents were mega-hippies, and if I'd been born a boy they would've named me Dweezil, after Frank Zappa's kid. Luckily, I was a girl (and they chose my decidedly more normal name over Moon Unit, or mayhaps Dweezella).

Oh, and my oral surgeon's name is - I kid you not - Dr. Slaughter.
  • Mrs_Fit
    Mrs_Fit Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Tangerine
    Tequilla
    Alize
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Real doctor names:

Dr. Love (cardiologist)
    Dr. Schpritz (urologist)
    Dr. Di(ana) Mort (oncologist)
    Dr. Slaughter (surgeon)
    Dr. Zipper (urologist)
    Dr. Moorkath (cardiologist)
    Dr. Klutz (surgeon)
    Dr. Richard Chopp (urologist)
    Dr. Blinder (opthamologist)
    Dr. Nudelman (urologist)
    Dr. Butt (gastroenterologist)
    Dr. Redwood (urologist)

I work with a Dr. Funk lol

Psychiatrist?

Locally, we hav e a Dentist named Larry Foote. Yeah,, that's right...his patients have foot in mouth, :Laugh:

In Middle School I knew a kid named Justin Case.

Could be worse... around here we have a dentist whose last name is spelled (I think) Uhrin, but pronounced "urine".
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a girl named Amy Sarah Summerside. On the register in school, our initials were displayed next to our names and hers always spelled *kitten*.

My aunty is called Ethel Marie Barrass, and her name badge at work is E M BARRAS.

Also when I was about 9, we expected 2 chinese twins to join our class that September. Their names were Kym Lee and Lee Lee.When they joined, they were both White British, but the kids used to have the name "edwards" then their mother re-married a man with the last name Lee. So we were all like, "why aren't you chinese?" haha!

Someone on my facebook named her child Effy after the series Skins character. The child's full name is Effy Oaf, (looks a bit like Eff Off to me)

I think the top most unusual ones I have seen is Afree Carr [Africa] , Doog Day [Doog spelled backwards is good, Good Day],

AND My all time FAVOURITE: Alvackya Knippel [I'l wack your nipple] - Needless to say Alli changed her first name to just "Alli" and her last name to Johnson (her mothers maiden name) because she would just get random adds on facebook and bullying etc so thought it would be better to change her name. Extremely hilarious, but what on earth were her parents thinking!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I used to work with someone who named their son Quigley Quigley (first and last name with no middle name) because her husband had a dream that they would have a boy and his nickname would be Q-squared.

Then I moved to Southern MD and worked with a woman named Ikea.

Oh and my step-mother legally changed her name to Littlebit. I kid you not. It's right there on her driver's license.

On a separate note, we sometimes call my sister Flower because my mother named her Heather Rose.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Dren

It's nerd backwards, and the main character in a very odd movie called Splice. Probably where the parents got the idea.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I had a friend in high school whose last name is Hooker. He always said if he had a daughter he was going to name her "Ima".
  • Lucia120382
    Lucia120382 Posts: 427
    Options
    Lulka Grulka :smile:
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Airwrecka (pronounced Erica) LOL. It was some girl on the news.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    my Dad had 2 brothers...His name was Cleatus Georgia Norton.....the 2 brothers were names Lavoyd and Cleovis..

what was she thinking......
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    My Midwife is Dr Cox