Your Parents Named you What?!!

Options

Replies

• kiwiwizard
    kiwiwizard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My wife went to a school with a guy named Richard Handle.

She also knew a Wayne Kerr.

excellent, lol
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Eight Ball.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I met a guy named Skye once.....hippie parents?
  • MeltyChay
    MeltyChay Posts: 11
    Options
    Went to school with Holly Wood (Roy Wood from Wizzard's daughter)...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Jaclyn (unfortunately my real name)

According to my parents, it was a combination of their pet names. My dad's name is Jose but his pet name is Jake (where the prefix Jack came from) while my mom's pet name is Linda or Lyn. I really find it weird and I feel awkward everytime somebody calls me by that name. Instead I prefer to be called Jack, Jackie or JM (initials of my two given names).

I immediately thought of Jaclyn Smith, one of the original Charlie's Angels.

I was named after the character Sabrina on the Charlie's Angels.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I went to school with two guys one was named Court

one was named Josh Cross

I also went to school with a girl named Shiloh Mc corkle

I also went to school with a girl named Amber Skye

my name was Joy and my last name was Farmer. that is why I changed mine at age 16
  • Compudad
    Compudad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Princessia
    Kalor
    Sisters names Laquisha, natisha, quanisha and shaunisha
    Eli Whitney
    Condor
  • traci0620
    traci0620 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    3 sisters: Tequila, Daiquiri, and Chablis
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    A patient of ours who was a woman named all three of her daughters the same name just with different spellings. The name itself was normal, Tamara, just the fact that they all had the same name was stupid.

I also saw a patient who named her daughter Delectable. WTF?! As a girl named Delectable you had better hope you can keep a hot body because the only job you will EVER get with that name is a stripper.

My name is Sean. To this day my parents will give conflicting stories on who picked the name and why. My mother swears I was named that because it's what John Lennon (who she was obsessed with) named his son. My father swears up and down I was named after Sean Connery, who he will tell you is the only real James Bond.
  • lorielovehailey
    lorielovehailey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    There was a girl in my hometown named Fonda Peters.
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    A New Hampshire State Rep named D i c k Swett.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    A New Hampshire State Rep named D i c k Swett.

Truth!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    my daughter has friends named:

Kandee barr

Arizona
    Colorado
    Josiah
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    There is a woman here named ****head pronounced SHA- Theed
    Also knew a nurse named. Female, pronounced FA- Malee. And a woman was in the newspaper, named her son Adolf Hitler. There was also a woman who wanted to name her daughter Meconium because she thought it sounded pretty. The nurses talked her out of it. Also know an Echo Autumn.
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I went to High school with a guy who had a mother named Sharon. Their last name was Peters. Sharon Peters.

Truth!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    There is a woman here named ****head pronounced SHA- Theed
    Also knew a nurse named. Female, pronounced FA- Malee. And a woman was in the newspaper, named her son Adolf Hitler. There was also a woman who wanted to name her daughter Meconium because she thought it sounded pretty. The nurses talked her out of it. Also know an Echo Autumn.
    I knew a nurse who talked patient out of naming her daughter Etoh, because she saw it on her chart and also though "it sounded pretty".

ETOH is apparently the code that indicates the mother was drunk when she came in to give birth!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Me and a coworker prevented another coworker from naming her child a horrible name. She was discussing name choices about 6 months into her pregnancy.She wanted to keep with the theme of having all her kids names start with a C.... So we asked what are the choices. She named a couple but the one that stuck out was Clitoria.. pronounced Cli-tor-a.. I looked at her and asked you can't be serious. She was... when we told her what that sounded like, we could see the light bulb go off. Needless to say when he was born she named him Charles.

Another one I know of was shi'thead. pronounced sha-theed... spelled ****head... poor kid..
  • jessicas082409
    jessicas082409 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My nursing instructor told us about a mother that had twin girls, during her time in L/D rotation, that wanted to name them: Ragina (Ru-Gee-Na) and Vagina(Vuh-Gee-Na).......So sad
  • mrslehan2013
    Options
    when I was pregnant my OB/GYN was Dr. Seamen.....Yeah...awkward..
  • jasminetooblessedtobestressed
    Options
    Guys real name is Killa(kill-uh).I know he has trouble finding a job!