I ♥ firearms

Options
Danger2OneSelf
Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
Anyone else in here an avid shooter/hunter? Just curious about some of your favorites. Me I love my Remington 870 express. I've had it since I was 12 it was the first gun I ever owned and I took first place in my division at the State Trap Shoot, that year. I also have an 181/2" rifled slug barrel for it that I use for deer hunting. Solid gun for sure never had any problems I couldn't fix on my own.

My second favorite is my Ruger 10/22. I think that's love I share with many people. So many attachments and after market accessories that make it a blast to own. Plus did I mention I bought it brand new for under 200 before the nazi started scaring everyone with gun bans....

I also just bought my self an Norinco SKS in December. I've only got out to shoot it twice but I also love that crap out of it, shoots flawlessly I just wish there were more options for mounting a scope on it.

I baby all my guns like you wouldn't believe, sometimes I clean a clean gun just because I'm bored :laugh:

Replies

• twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Used to go hunting with my grandfather.. Loved it, haven't done it much since I've been busy working.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Options
    Yeah It's by far my favortie family tradition. It's the only thing that gets all the guys together for a week. It's the entire adventure around hunting that I love, the road trip, the hiking in the woods and connecting with nature, the drinking and playing cards next to a fire in the cabin...Such a good get away from the day to day chaos.... Did I mention that venison is extremely healthy/ lean meat! People don't realize that it's about as lean as chicken breast and can taste 100x better if you know what your doing in the kitchen
  • teamike
    teamike Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My favorite is .22 magnum my wife bought me for our 10th anniv. Beautiful wood stock, nickel plated bull barrell, it's a really nice looking gun. My favorite hunting gun is my browning 300 win. mag.. Also have a couple 9mm handguns, .44mag revolver. Couple of shotguns and a couple 30 x 06s. Love to hunt.
  • Cognito1025
    Cognito1025 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I only shoot paper, and zombies. No really, they're zombie targets at a local (http://www.shootextreme.com) range and its *kitten* awesome. Ruger LCP, Ruger SR 9, Ruger 1911 .45 ACP, AMD 65 (AK 47), Bushmaster .223 and my person favorite, Remington 870 Tac 12 gauge. I'm strapped and ready for the apocalypse.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I have a water gun and a bb gun. Love them both.
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    Yup. Remington 870 and Taurus 9mm. Fun times :).
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Mine...

Guns.jpg

My favorite is the lever action Marlin 1893 in .38-55...it filled the freezer with venison last fall.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    *Disclaimer* I don't own any guns anymore. They were all sold!

I am an avid hunter and shooter. Really enjoy the time in the field and the competition on the range.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Options
    Mine...

Guns.jpg

My favorite is the lever action Marlin 1893 in .38-55...it filled the freezer with venison last fall.

Oh me like, I see you got an SKS as which one is it? I have the Norinco with the chrome lined barrel and the spike bayonet. I looked all over for the yugo but couldn't find one anywhere, I like they way they look with the grenade launcher attachment.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I havent shot since I left the Army but <3 ed my m16a2.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Options
    I havent shot since I left the Army but <3 ed my m16a2.

I love m-16 and really want to buy one while I still can, I really like the Armalite AR's but can't seem to find $1500 laying around anywhere....
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    My first thought is "I <3 firearms" posted by someone whose name is "Danger2Oneself". Uh-oh." But that's because I think words like that are funny.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<i love to target shoot! my husband and I own a colt 1911, s&w 40, a tauras 380 and my all time fave the ar-15
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I love my 12 gauge, my .22 single bolt and soon getting a .38 :love:

Trigger therapy - best stress reducer on the planet :)
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    sniper.png
  • Julettashane
    Options
    *Disclaimer* I don't own any guns anymore. They were all sold!

I am an avid hunter and shooter. Really enjoy the time in the field and the competition on the range.

lol :happy:
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I've only got a home protection shot gun, but I support shooters (recreational peeps).
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    <<<<<< love to shoot me and my husband own a colt 1911, s&w 40, a tauras 380 and my all time fave the ar-15

Commas are important.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I only have 2 pistols, my fave is my pink Taurus 380, but since I just got it less than a year ago, I am not a very good shot and it still scares me a bit. I had only shot my kids 22's before that though.

I bet my husband and son would say their fave is the AR-15. We have an arsenal at our house. My husband and son love hunting. My son just got back on the family Fallow Deer hunt in Iowa that he went on by himself. He got a nice Fallow Buck.

OH and I have seen the Zombie targets, but I have not bought any yet. We practice shoot as often as we can when it gets warm. I just have to get more comfortable with my gun. I would also like to get a bow and learn to shoot it. I may become a huntress after all.

:drinker:
  • Julettashane
    Options
    <<<<<< I love to shoot! My husband and I own a colt 1911, s&w 40, a tauras 380 and my all time fave the ar-15

Commas are important.

i fixed the beginning :laugh: