What is your body shape???

Options

Replies

• MamaC77
    MamaC77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mine was a very obvious rectangle. There isn't much of a difference between the three measurements. Hoping to change that so I at least have a bit of a waistline.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    oops, i put 26 in for bust instead of 36, not a pear but a hourglass. have to say that fits more
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I am a rectangle...no hips and no boobs...I weight a lot more than people think and they are quite surprised to find out what I weigh...
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    pear spliced with apple
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I am in the minority, apparently, as an inverted triangle. Altho now I think I am more of a pumpkin!
  • Hokiegal78
    Options
    Well, I"m a Pear ...good to know :happy:
  • RxVirus
    RxVirus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass...KNEW IT
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I'm pear-shaped and short-waisted, which means that my waist is much higher than that of the "ideal" figure. The result is that skirts that fit my hips and butt are enormous in the waist. Sometimes while walking my skirt will turn 180 degrees and the vent will end up in the front. If the skirt slips down, low rise style, my butt ends up looking twice as big as it is. It's not a simple alteration.

In recent years, I've been learning to sew. A pattern cut from my measurements removes the bottom heavy look. I have curves, but my silhouette is much more balanced.
  • Sirli_79
    Sirli_79 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hourglass...:drinker: :tongue:
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    HourglASS :D and proud of it!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies and gents!!! I recently put my measurements in a body shape calculator, and little did i know I'm a rectangle... yeah doesn't sound to sexy LOL . Anyways my whole life i thought i was apple shaped considering i gain all my weight in my upper body such as my bust and tummy, and no weight in my lower body like my hips and bum, looking like im about to tip over!!! hahah :( I always dreamed of that curvy pear or hour glass shape. I know its genetic and every body just stores fat in different places,but hopefully when i lose weight ill achieve some more curves, but in the right places this time lol.
    So what shape are you?? ( hour glass, apple, pear, rectangle, inverted triangle etc)
    what do you like or not like about it??
    here is the link to the calculator if you wanna give it a try
    http://www.westfield.co.nz/nz/news/body-shape-calculator

also give me a add always looking for new buddies :)

First of all, you're beautiful so I wouldn't sweat it ;)

Anyone know if they make something like this for men? I'm short and relatively slim, and it would be cool to read up on how to buy shirts and stuff like this tool does for women.

I would search the Web. Traditionally, men use their collar and chest size for shirts and their waist and inseam length for pants. If you can afford it, get a shirt, jacket or suit custom made and see what the tailor suggests.

Men's figures are treated as if they don't have curves, even though they do. Unless the customer is very fashion forward and usually young, men's clothes tend to obscure their shapes.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hourglass. But I knew that anyway, everyone always compliments me on my shape! Probably just for something nice to say lol.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I am a rectangle at the moment. wonder what it will say when I get near to goal size
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hourglass. A big-*kitten* hourglass, but hourglass nonetheless.

I'm with you on that one! lol! I was acutally a little surprised I was an hourglass, but the numbers don't lie right? ;)
  • chocobis09
    chocobis09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Apple
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Sphere. I tank I am closest to being called a sphere.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    Hourglass. A big-*kitten* hourglass, but hourglass nonetheless.

I'm with you on that one! lol! I was acutally a little surprised I was an hourglass, but the numbers don't lie right? ;)

that calculator does.
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I USED to be an hour glass (the super sexy kind). now I am like a rectangle. My shoulders and hips are the same width and I have too many "curves" to count
  • Dragon67
    Dragon67 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I went to the link - put in my measurements - I'm a flippin Apple this is what it said next about me -

The apple is round and luscious. You carry most of your weight around your generous tummy but have a great pair of breasts to top it off. Enhance all these curves by creating a sense of balance and proportion.

I'm not sure how to feel.

Fall on floor with laughter :bigsmile:
  • Dragon67
    Dragon67 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It says i'm a rectangle :cry: