Favorite dog Breed

Options

Replies

• Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Goldens!!! I am on my third Goldie now and I will most likely get more in the future...they go too soon:( He is a major snuggle bunny/lovie dove and is so tolerant of our three toddlers.
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    We have a golden retriever, he's a handsome boy. He's only 10 months so the full coat isn't in yet but itll be stunning when it comes in! He's utterly mental though.

My golden is 5.5 yrs and STILL a mental case. But, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yup, giant dorks. But they are awesome. Mine is 4 now.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    pomeranians!!! so sweet and cute and awesome and funny and just the best dogs EVER.

tumblr_mhos92I8nX1qjyf8to1_1280.jpg

Agreed! I'm a Pom Lover too!

OMG! How cute is this!!!!!!
  • jazzyfeisty
    Options
    I am infatuated with my Shiba Inu puppy. Its not a well-known breed in America, so we are constantly being asked about him because he's so cute. He's spunky, friendly, energetic, and the cutest little thing! You can see him in my profile picture peeking out of my bag.He's got obedience and dominance issues, but he's not an annoying barker, he doesn't hump or mark, and he just a pleasure to be around.

Love my little Shiba Inu!! <3
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I love my bichon. Shes so sweet, and full of energy. Also very cute and fluffy. She doesn't bother my allergies either, so thats a big bonus!

My favorite breed of dog would be a husky. They're so adorable and I've always wanted one. However my allergies get in the way of having one.
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Rough coat Kangal and Corgies. Both are loyal and good guard dogs. Both are playful, but know when to be lazy indoors. They are intelligent, but total goofballs. :-)
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but there can be only one for me - a working line Neapolitan Mastiff like my baby (well I say 'baby', but he's approx 190lbs) boy. I love him because he's the right mix of cuddly and 'get the hell away from my mummy'. The downside is the summertime when tourists come to our town and a 5 minute walk up the high street takes 45 minutes because of people wanting to take photos and come out with the usual 'how much does he weigh?', 'does he eat a lot?', 'you should put a saddle on that', 'who's taking who for a walk?', 'that's a horse!' and 'mummy, mummy...it's FANG!'

28b8e3c.jpg
    fx4j79.jpg
    scrjac.jpg
  • thejemma
    thejemma Posts: 40
    Options
    German Shepards :)
  • CJpgh
    CJpgh Posts: 52
    Options
    Shih-tzus
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    My rescue! He's the best cuddler and very helpful in the kitchen!
    /Users/bmp/Desktop/Screen Shot 2013-03-08 at 6.44.12 PM.png
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Golden Retrievers! We have 3!
  • citygirlkate
    Options
    my baby who is now 6 and called Thor

martyx

Wow your dog is beautiful!
  • commonnerd195
    Options
    CORGIS :3
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm a giant breed lover - Mastiffs, Danes, Irish Wolfhounds, Newfoundlands, etc.

I'm also a big softie for rescue mutts. I currently have some sort of terrier/shepherd mix who is neurotic to a fault, but I adore him. I was raised with Weimaraners so I have a soft spot for them as well. And then, of course, I love GSD, Rottweilers, Dobermans, and all breeds of Bully. (Staffordshire terrier is my favourite of the bullies)
  • Kimistry_
    Kimistry_ Posts: 91
    Options
    Husky. They are so loyal. Plus they have such high energy that it forces you to be active! ;)
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I grew up with Dalmatians and Great Pyrenees, and have a big soft spot for them. If you've ever had a dog as a kid that just 'picked' you as the favorite of the family, you know what I'm talking about. My Dalmatian Cosmos was the BEST dog, was stone deaf, and I loved that dog so much. Taught her hand commands, and she was awesome. She died of cancer.

We also had a Great Pyreneese, Chewbacca. The single sweetest dog on the face of the earth. Small for her breed, but just a big bundle of fur and happiness. I miss her a lot. She died a few years ago, at 12.

Right now, my husband finally let me adopt a dog, and we have Eva. She's a shepherd mix of some sort. Very protective of me and my boys, and thinks she's a lap dog :). Very vocal, loves cuddles, and is really good with my kids. We'd been planning on adopting a Newfie/lab puppy, but my husband wasn't convinced (something to do with drool, lol - and not having grown up with dogs, he was not convinced with such a large dog either). So, we kept looking, and found Eva the day before we were going to see the puppy. She was a little over a year old, house trained, and knew a couple of commands. I wasn't convinced because she was SO high energy, I wasn't sure I could keep up with her! But once we got her home, we realized she's actually a big ball of lazy, and was just overly stimulated at the shelter. She loves to run, but is a terrible running partner because of her low attention span, lol. She's tripped me several times! Loves walks, and is super eager to please. I'm glad she came home with us :)

Untitled-3.jpg
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    PIT BULLS! They are smart, goofy & eager to please. Give them love & they give it back tenfold. I have been a Pit Bull advocate for years. I have never met one that wasn't sweet, but unfortunately I have met WAY too many who have been abused. Thankfully, they respond quickly to a loving, caring environment. Now if only we could do away with the PEOPLE who are responsible for giving them a bad rap (sensationalist reporters and irresponsible owners)...

Here Here! :drinker:

Could not say it better! Cheers:)
  • J2change
    J2change Posts: 6
    Options
    My babies are beagles. They are so well-behaved and they always have been (every dog has a rambunctious puppy phase). We trained them off the bat to be off leash, and although people thinking of getting a canine companion seem to get dissauded by their howls, I egg them on because I love them!
    Their 13 now, and their in fantastic shape (Beagles tend to get fat if you don't keep them active!), people still think the female is a pup! The male is greying and a bit heavier, but all things considered they look and are great and I can't bare the thought that they won't be around much longer.

Apart from my obvious bias to beagles, I adore pitt bulls. My next dog will be adopted from Hug-A-Bull. If you haven't looked into it, I recommend you do!
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i have the sweetest Yorkie ever!!! Yorkies are the best!
  • Cuddlemonster2
    Options
    English Mastiff <3