Favorite dog Breed

Options

Replies

• LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My humongous Great Pyrenees Newfoundland Mix.. He's a love'ah not a fighter! :)
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm the rescue kind of person. Have two beautiful girls right now. My first was adopted from the local Humane Society, and she is a true Heinz 57 :wink: thought she was a rottie mix as a puppy not so sure at 14 years old, 35 pounds and about knee high. My other little girl is a miniature dachshund (Adopted from the All American Dachshund Rescue) 11 pounds. Interesting size difference
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Blue+Heeler+dog02.jpg
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    English Springer Spaniels. They are silly and active... and they surprise people when they 'guard' the kids. :laugh:
  • Nina91_4ever
    Options
    Huskies and Labs!!! I have one of each and I love my babies they are great companions!
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Beagle, because they are absolutely adorable.

We adopted one last summer....sweetest dog ever!!!!
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I just love my little miniature Schnauzer!
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Oohh I got another one, French bulldog!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Mutts. They tend to live longer with less health problems and all the ones we've had were far smarter than the purebreeds we've had. My favorite mutts have tended to have german shepherd in them so if I have to pick a breed that's the breed I'm picking.

Oh and I've always had a fascination with wolves, too, but figured out long ago never to try to get one or a hybrid. If I ever actually do get rich I could see buying up land and making it into a conservation area or doing other work with them, but they aren't pets for the backyard.
  • jovianstorms
    jovianstorms Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love love love big dogs. I have a boxer myself, and I adore pit bulls!
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Cartoon. Because that's why.
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Greater Swiss Mountain dog.

Giant but long lived for the giants. Beautiful. Powerful. Good personality. Whip Smart and friggen adorable

tumblr_malee6oeiw1rdspg7o1_500.jpg

AWWW I want one SOOOOOO bad!!! I love their coloring, just like a Bernese but less furry :)
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love all breeds, but I just love vizsla's!! We have 2 of them, they are beautiful, full of personality and just all around great pets. :-)

I hear that they are super cuddly, affectionate and wonderful with even really small children. Has that been your experience?
  • tipadoo
    tipadoo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    border collie - super smart and easy to train.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    The Gentle Giants are my favorites!
    We currently share our house with a Newfoundland. The larger breeds are so adorable and look like live teddy bears as puppies that many get them without realizing what they are getting themselves into. These dogs are smart, loving and very much like having a child that cannot speak in your home. Too many wind up in shelters or worse, neglected all together.
  • mrsk27
    mrsk27 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    tibetan terriers....so funny and daft...extremely gentle and affectionate
  • algebravoodoo
    Options
    :smooched:
    My humongous Great Pyrenees Newfoundland Mix.. He's a love'ah not a fighter! :)

Wet slobbery kisses are the best!!
    My Newfie climbs into the recliner with me and *tries* to curl up in my lap, but she ends up draping herself across all of me :heart:

ETA: She weighs 165 lbs jumbo Newf
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I have a Jack Russell (17lbs) Chi (3lbs) Chug, chi/pug mix (6lbs) and then there is the baby a lab boxer mix (60 to 70 lbs) I love all my dogs but my Chug has the most personality, the Chi is very protective, she'll eat the lab up if she gets to close to me. The Jack is very smart and very active and then you have the lab/boxer mix, she totally thinks she's a lap dog, needless to say it gets pretty interesting when al 4 want in my lap at the same time.
  • bugs5697
    bugs5697 Posts: 85
    Options
    We have a golden retriever, he's a handsome boy. He's only 10 months so the full coat isn't in yet but itll be stunning when it comes in! He's utterly mental though.

My golden is 5.5 yrs and STILL a mental case. But, I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • algebravoodoo
    Options
    PIT BULLS! They are smart, goofy & eager to please. Give them love & they give it back tenfold. I have been a Pit Bull advocate for years. I have never met one that wasn't sweet, but unfortunately I have met WAY too many who have been abused. Thankfully, they respond quickly to a loving, caring environment. Now if only we could do away with the PEOPLE who are responsible for giving them a bad rap (sensationalist reporters and irresponsible owners)...

Here Here! :drinker: