Favorite dog Breed

Options

Replies

• 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Newfoundland or st Bernard. I have a miniature weiner dog now, not really a dog at all.
  • ChiefsChick4Life
    Options
    My baby is a 2yr old Great Dane and I would LOVE to have a whole herd of them!

LOVE great danes too. But so high maintenance!
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have a Black and tan coonhound mix and will never own any other breed :)
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    <<<<<< BEST DOG EVER!!!!!!! Our beloved Zeus.

Real German Shepard, from Europe, not the American Standard. I also prefer a Sable.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    mutts, ftw.
  • staceyycaddy
    Options
    I'm a massive rescue dog fan and nothing beats a mongrel. I've worked in a rescue kennels and now i work in a boarding kennels. I have a massive MASSIVE soft spot for the oldies too.
  • cstaats12
    cstaats12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My baby puppy Quinsi when he was a wee thing
    Quinsi01_zpsd5a69378.jpg

Is he deaf? My two white rescues are both deaf.

He was not deaf and we always joked that he could hear a gnat fart. Tyson, our other white boxer, we believe is mostly deaf. He can hear some very loud sounds
  • jessicas082409
    jessicas082409 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My baby is a 2yr old Great Dane and I would LOVE to have a whole herd of them!

LOVE great danes too. But so high maintenance!

Oh no no, they are sooooo easy to baby!! Only thing I've ever had issues with is his weight and he has an ear infection(floppy ears!!!)
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    I love these anatoilian Shepard's
    Haatchi2.jpg

Oh I almost forgot Anatolian Shepards. They're amazing!!
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    Beagles!!!! we have a 9 year old beagle named Charlie & two jack russell terriers, Peanut & Benny =)
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    <---Mine :) Dimitri is a beagle/boston mix. Most loveable dog ever!

Though I do tend to love most dog breeds. We were originally looking at Staffies (pit breed), but unfortunately they fall under a ban in our province. Then we fell in love with Dimitri and that was it.:heart:
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    <
    Pit boxer mix is my baby to the left. We also have 2 other boxers!
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    Never thought I wanted a big dog until I gave in a got the German Shepherd my husband has always wanted. He is all black except one patch of white on his chest and some white in between his toes. He is the sweetest dog and so smart too. Love him!
  • s_wilson84
    s_wilson84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mine can't hear anything. Trust me....we've tried pots & pans, screaming, air horns, etc. Nothing wakes them up. Oddly enough, they sense when someone is walking up the front sidewalk to the door. They start going wild well before the doorbell ever rings.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I am loving my Sheltie... and my BIL's Shelties... Other than that, anything that's a Westland Terrier or bigger has the ok in my book... anything smaller, I just want to give to my cats to play with.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Boston Terriers, because they are sooooooo damn cute!!!!
  • kfred711
    kfred711 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What a wide variety of dogs I have had in my lifetime. Guess you could say I just love all dogs.
    Poodle - smart & playful & loving
    Dalmation - not so smart, but very loving
    German Shepherd - very smart (went to war & came back a hero)
    2 medium sized terrier mix mutts from the pound - both were smart & loving
    English Setter - so much energy - he chased bird shadows
    *The next 3 dogs we had at same time & they were all rescued (imagine the amount of dog food we went through)
    Irish Setter - rescued (she was an older dog)- smart & loving
    Old English Sheep Dog - (she had been abused)- what a sweetheart - liked to herd all the animals back into our yard
    Yellow Lab - rescued - thought he was a lap dog
    Schnoodle - Schnauzer/Poodle mix - so smart, she knew a lot a tricks & very loving
    Cocker Spaniel - we bred them - so sweet & loving - our first one had seizures
    Cocker Spaniel - she was from the last litter - also very sweet & loving - didn't breed her - she's old now w/ cataracts & deaf
    Havanese - This is our current baby - she is so smart & loving - hates to be away from us for long

I love all dogs & would have to say that the last line from the poem by John O'Hurley says it so well (thanks for posting)

"The dog that is perfect … is the one next to you."
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Golden Retriever, Bernese Mountain Dogs.

p576666241-4.jpg
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I love them all! Even the ones with reputations:)
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll say it: schnauzers because they are a little crazy and very smart:)