• skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Dachshunds!
  • kevinvs
    kevinvs Posts: 17 Member
    Dobermans, pittbulls, and boxers
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Give me a Pit any day! I have a Black Lab mix and a Pit/Boxer mix! The pit is the most affectionate dog we've ever owned. :)

I second this!!! I have a female pit and a male pit/lab mix. My female is 82 pounds of goofiness and my male is 70 pounds of beautiful. Just imagine the pit build with a little more fur. He's gorgeous...all white.

They are the most silliest, smart and goofy dogs I've ever owned. The only downside, they think they are 3 pound lab dogs instead of 70+ pound monsters...LOL
  • naschulze
    naschulze Posts: 98
    <
    Right now, it's pomeranians :) He's what I have right now so I have to be biased. I love him because he's very opiniated, rotten and smart. he's just too cute and knows it.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    I love boxers because my baby is a 3 year old boxer, but I also love beagles my parents just lost their beagle and she was a wonderful dog both have been great with my kids and good protectors plus they are not barkers just on the occasion.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    I love all breeds but mine is a Bull Mastiff. They are such chaacters and I am sure they think they are human. They copy
  • KellyDeitrick
    KellyDeitrick Posts: 76 Member
    Australian Shepard and border collie mix...they are smart, funny, playful and their feet smell like popcorn or grass...it just depends. I have a girl and boy dog...love them bunches.
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    GSD! German Shepherd, shutzhund bred-nonconforming rejects. Their hearts are not diminished.

They have great physical structure (so no hip dyplasia, etc)--but rejects may be to small or too big for acceptable standards or have a coat that is too long. They are very trainable--but rejects may be gun shy--and hence not a fan of 4th July fireworks.

Best of All, i am in love with the way GSDs look at their families; they so much want to be a warm fuzzy part of the whole household (other pets included), your neighborhood--however large your intimate circle extends.
  • jnzema
    jnzema Posts: 24
    Six pages and just one vote for Shelties! Blasphemy!

But seriously, my family has had Chihuahua, Bichons, and Mutts, but none of them have come close to the Sheltie I own now. She runs with me, takes me for two hour walks, helps me garden, plays soccer with me, fetches me my socks in the morning. They are so trainable! She knows about fifteen tricks, and she's not clingy or distant. It's a wonderful breed.

I'd also like to get an Airedale Terrier sometime in the nearer future.
  • cstaats12
    cstaats12 Posts: 9 Member
    My baby puppy Quinsi when he was a wee thing
    Quinsi01_zpsd5a69378.jpg
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    For me to choose a favorite dog breed is like having to choose my favorite flavor of ice cream. I love them all.

I've owned, lab, poodle, dalmatian, cocker spaniel lab mix, border collies.

My current dog is a husky, border collie, wheaten terrier mix. His name is Boo and he's 100lbs of love.
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    I'm not sure if they are my favorite breed, but my favorite two dogs in the world (living) are my two chihuahuas. They are a good fit for me because they are tiny and easy to handle. So no backyard needed and very easy to bathe.

They are the cutest and the sweetest and I love them sooooooo much.

That being said, I think that the pound puppies that I grew up with were about the best dogs EVER, at least tied with my chihuahuas. :-) One was a ****-a-poo-chi (cocker spaniel, poodle, chihuaha mix) and the other was a jack russel mix (couldn't figure out what she was mixed with).

I basically love ALL dogs, but small work best for me at this point in my life. Some day when I'm a homeowner with a big yard or lots of time to go for walks (or can afford a good dog walker) then I will have my first big dog. For now, I'm sticking with chihuahuas. :-)
  • Totally a boxer.

Second best maybe a Podeco because I adore the ears!
  • ViDexSha
    ViDexSha Posts: 46 Member
    I love my English Mastiff....weighing in at 189 lbs! :)
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    I have 3 shih tzus and love them to pieces! However....the grooming will kill ya! When I was young, we had Yorkies--they weren't quite as tiny as they are now, but they were wonderful dogs.
  • Bxrlvr73
    Bxrlvr73 Posts: 82 Member
    Boxer Lover here!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Australian Shepherd.
  • xcarinarx
    xcarinarx Posts: 31 Member
    chow chows, love their purple tongues!
  • ExNihil0
    ExNihil0 Posts: 60
    Bernese Mountain Dog