Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Has anyone just lost at home?

Replies

• HippieMomma86
    HippieMomma86 Posts: 18 Member
    I lost 50lbs last year by just doing DVDs at home. I had 2 Jillian Michaels DVDs and hand weights. I'm finally back to finish losing the last 30lbs and plan to do it the same way. I find it easier to workout only at home. No finding time or excuses to make it or not to the gym. You have everything you need right there.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    it all starts with nutrition so yes I think it would be completely possible! I do go to the gym myself cause I am doing strength training currently and have no weights or any of that at home. However, many days my cardio is simply walking :) I believe simple changes to your diet and increasing your activity level will produce results :)
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Yep I have lost at home (actually work from home too so don't have a lot of steps in the day) and to this point am not exercising. I lost at home last winter too and then used Jillian and Wii Fit
  • Yep...so far, so good 16 pounds in one month. P90x!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    walking and changing my eating habits ...that's all I've done. I go to a zumba class once or twice a month ..that's it.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Has anyone accomplished their goals at home without any special equipment? All I have r dvds and some resistance bands and free weights. Looking to see if anyone has completed or how far u could get in ur journey that way when gyms and buying machines isn't possible.
    Glad you asked. You don't need a gym membership or any special equipment except maybe a decent pair of shoes. I got all the way to goal weight with just that. Optional inexpensive things I bought since then: Some free weights, a chinning bar which hangs in a doorway at home without marring the frame. You can do a lot with just a floor. Pushups, situps and other calisthenics.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Definately yes! I have lost ALL my weight just using dvd's, walking, riding bike, handweights, etc. I have lost about 44 lbs total over this journey so YES it is possible. Go for it!! :D
  • Yes i have i workout at home all the time i do walk away the pounds dvd, tabeo, i just bought hip hip abs and rockin body with shaun t i have walking weights and resistance bands. I also work at the library so i check out different workout dvds. It possible to workout at home and get the weight off. Good Luck!!!
  • So positive reading all of these. I've come to the conclusion, I hate gyms. I cancelled mine this month now I'm doing exercise at home, it's better to be in the comfort of your own home. :smile:
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    I personally just don't give it my all when I workout at home. I need the gym but that's just me.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Except for about three months, I've done ALL of my working out at home using weights, resistance bands, my XBox Kinect, and DVDs, and I lost 150 pounds. I did recently buy an elliptical, but that is only due to an injury where I couldn't do my normal cardio with DVDs and the XBox Kinect.
  • pevansk47
    pevansk47 Posts: 20 Member
    I started off walking around the track every day! Walking at least 3 to 4 miles! It started getting cold outside I started walking in the Mall! I have cable at home and went to sports and fitness! I use about 5 to 6 of those videos! I also went on YouTube and did a few things on there! The only thing I brought was the 2 pounds and 5 pound weights which I caught them on sale!
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    I am doing the Insanity and running stairs at work and I have lost 8 pounds so far.
  • ACP1015
    ACP1015 Posts: 8
    Yes! I have lost 63 pounds ALL at home doing P90X, Turbofire and Chalean Extreme DVD's plus walking and hiking. I have gradually built up over the last year and a half dumbbells, resistance bands, yoga mats etc. to use during my workouts. Good luck :)
  • alicerouse
    alicerouse Posts: 6 Member
    Yes! I have been doing workout videos 4 times a week for over 12 years. I have a whole library of videos. My favorite set right now is the Firm Express set that has 12 20-minute workouts. I do 2 if I have time and one if I am short on time. It really helps to enter my excercise in MFP because I LOVE those extra food calories it allows me to have! I have NEVER been to the gym in all these years. I have 2 kids and I get up at 5AM to do a 40-minute workout 4 days a week (sometimes 5). That way I don't have to find time during the day to fit it in because I do it before anyone in the house gets up to ask me to do things for them! That's what the REST of my day is like!! Good luck! You can do it!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Yes I have with p90x
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Yes, I have lost 20 pounds by just working out at home. Zero gym equipment.. I use wii dance and have a blast with the kids..I have some dvd's and walk most nights.Thats it!!
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    I don't go to gym. I do youtube videos, Leslie Sansone dvd (one I bought is now free on youtube..sigh). and I have 5, 10 and 15 lb dumbbells. I wouldn't work out harder at the Y than here because the Y here doesn't have much stuff (joined for a year, didn't go much so didn't rejoin) and I am a real homebody. Its easier for me to just put on a sports bra and head on downstairs with my TV. I really would like a wii or kinect for the xbox. I am looking forward to getting outside and starting a jogging program. Need to get over my issues of the cold and snow! Have lost over 25 lbs so far.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    i lost over 100lbs on my own at home,just walking,wii,dvds,bike!
    it is very doable x :bigsmile:
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,100 Member
    thanks everyone I need to try to catch some ofthe wii games on sale or see if anyone has them near me that i can borrow. those sound like people r having fun while using them. I will definatly check out those sites. thanks all u guys rock