Motorcycles who rides?

Options
jriehl08
jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
I have an 08 650 Vstar that I bought as a leftover new 2 yrs ago. Tore my shoulder at work and only rode 2k miles the first year. I put 9k miles on last year in 3 months of riding. Today was the first ride to start of my season. 23 degrees in michigan when I left home this morning for work. Im shooting for 20k miles this season.

Replies

• the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Long time rider here, started at 10 years old with a Suzuki TS185.

Current ride is a 1999 Ducati Monster 750. I normally ride year round, but mine is currently sitting waiting for me to put a new chain, timing belts and check valve clearances.

JM
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I've ridden on the back of many a bike but have yet to summon up the courage to ride one by myself. I own a Wildfire scooter that I am too afraid to take on the road! lol
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    DOOOO EEEET!!!

Pick a low traffic road during a low traffic time and give it a shot! I remember my first open road ride, it was amazing!

JM
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I want to so bad but I always get scared at the end of the driveway! I'm determined to go out this summer! :happy:
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    OMG! So jealous that you got to ride already!

My buddies and I are just chomping at the bit to get out and ride! It snowed last night about an inch, so we now need to wait AGAIN!

We are planning to ride on St Patty's Day...crossing our fingers for nice(r) weather.
    We all have Harleys, but we don't discriminate...we just like the style of bike. Anyone can ride with us. Our wives are riders too...BOB's and drivers.

Our favorite time is trailering them Ocean City MD for a ride on the strip. Why don't we ride down? Its a 4 hour trip, and we are towing our campers. The guy with the 40' bus pulls the trailer of bikes. It is definitely a man-toy weekend!
  • jriehl08
    Options
    My bike gets closer and closer to looking like a harley every time I touch it. I had a batwing on last season. This winter I put on a harley style fairing with inner and outer shells with 6x9 speakers and a full radio. I did +4 forks and lowered the rear 4 inches. I have the biggest aftermarket saddle bags I could get. They pretty much cover the shaft drive so you cant really tell. My next bike will be a streetglide just as soon as I wear this bike out. Im figureing about 2-3 years I should be up around 60-70k miles on it and time to off it.

601314_578192822209803_955239715_n_zpsbfb94841.jpg
  • rpp223
    rpp223 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I do cant wait for winter to be over
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Yamaha Virago 535 rider here. Unfortunately noone else in my family rides and the season is too short where I live. Can´t wait to get her out of the garage.:smile:
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    PLEASE warm weather get here!!! I ride a Yamaha Roadliner 1900. I can't wait to ride again!!! :)
  • Kitamarie97
    Options
    I don't have my own bike anymore but I ride with my husband on a 2003HD electra glide standard. Can not wait for no snow and warmer weather!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plan on going to the HD 110yr anniversary this summer!
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    07 Harley Softail deuce, chopped out and added 18" apes and 3" risers....Im in South Carolina, it is always riding season...
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I ride dirt bike. Does that count? Working on skills and saving up for my first street bike, though. I do ride on the back of my boyfriends street bike. Love it when we do wheelies. Last year we rode street bike 12 months out of the year. It was probably a first and last time for that. We live in wicked cold North Dakota. We got lucky.
  • jriehl08
    Options
    Sure it counts.. Riding is riding. I have almost 200 miles in already this yr. Very unheard of for Michigan riders.
  • MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Options
    I have a Honda CBR 600f4
    only rode twice last year. Hoping to ride a lot more this summer.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 years old and am still terrified enough of my bike riding dad to listen when he says "my little girl is never getting on a road bike! It's too dangerous with all the &^%$s on the roads"

thanks for buying me them as a kid then crushing my dreams when I got my licence, Dad.

Sigh.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I am still on my "starter bike", a 2005 Yamaha Virago 250. I also live in Michigan but I'm not brave enough to get mine out yet! (Sunday was warm enough but I was jet-lagged!)
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sportbike guy with a Kawi Z1k here. I typically get around 5k per year, mostly in the twisties of the driftless region, and have done tracks day here and there as well.
  • MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Options
    We get a lot of rain here, so not a lot of riding for me. I wont ride in the rain.
    And then it's usually do I ride my bicycle for the exercise or hop on the motorcycle. This year want to ride more motorcycle
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    2002 Harley Fatboy...snowed this past weekend here in MD. Cannot wait to get out on it this season.
  • Snipsa
    Snipsa Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Currently driving a small 150cc BigBoy scooter, it's great fun and an economical way of getting to work.

My dream bike atm is the 650 v-strom Suzuki. Saving up for that one...