Motorcycles who rides?

Options

Replies

• mrincredible93
    Options
    Rode a friend's Kawasaki in college. He had taken a spill on it and was afraid to ride any longer but wouldn't sell. I didn't ride again for 15 years (wife & kids). Then I started playing with a Honda Aero 80 scooter and had a blast. I moved through a Yamaha Riva 180, Honda Elite 250, Honda Silverwing 600 (Sold it with 134,000 miles on it) and now I'm riding a 2006 Aprilla Scarabeo 500. I'd post a pic but I don't know how to do that...
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hubs has a 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan VN ... we go on 3-4 runs/rides a year. our favorite is the Valley of the KIngs ride up to the Sanctuary Retreat in Wisconsin for retired Lions and animals.

I have my permit but since an accident in 2009 on the bike, I've been afraid to get on this big guy and ride... need a smaller ride for myself lol

2z8zqzp.jpg
  • Missellaneous02
    Missellaneous02 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think the coldest weather I've ridden in was 40 degree's plus rain in VT. But I know A LOT of people in NH and MA that ride all winter long.
  • j4zepedajj
    Options
    I love Riding!!!! I used to hit the canyons back in LA on my old CBR 600 F4i track bike.......... but Now here in Texas I ride something a bit bigger and heavier... I ride a 2008 Suzuki HYABUSA 1300.... Its a Bullet!!! LOVE IT!!!
    Ohhhhhhh WHAT A RUSH!
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    IDK where you all are from but Im from TN so, have any of you heard of the dragon? Or been brave enough to ride it?

http://voices.yahoo.com/tennessees-dragon-favorite-ride-daring-motorcyclist-1550.html

Rode it last summer! I followed my wife the 1st time since she'd ridden it before, then the next time she said go ahead, I'll meet you at the bottom, and I ran my Concours like it had never been run before. What an adrenaline rush!

I actually like Rt 28 and the Cherahola Skyway better, you can go faster, or take it easy and catch the scenery. The Dragon is one curver after another and there is no time for site seeing.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    ok go ahead and laugh

Ihave a 150cc scooter

goes up to 69mph

I have toured VT with it with my parents who ride harleys

I got it to save money on gas but I just love the thing.

Yes let the jokes commence I know......

2 wheels is 2 wheels. Those bigger scooters like the Burgman will go faster than a Harley will, and they handle a lot better because they have better ground clearance, so you aren't scraping floorboards around every curve.
  • Penny427
    Penny427 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    IDK where you all are from but Im from TN so, have any of you heard of the dragon? Or been brave enough to ride it?

http://voices.yahoo.com/tennessees-dragon-favorite-ride-daring-motorcyclist-1550.html

Rode it last summer! I followed my wife the 1st time since she'd ridden it before, then the next time she said go ahead, I'll meet you at the bottom, and I ran my Concours like it had never been run before. What an adrenaline rush!

I actually like Rt 28 and the Cherahola Skyway better, you can go faster, or take it easy and catch the scenery. The Dragon is one curver after another and there is no time for site seeing.
    We haven't done the dragon yet. Did a portion of the Cherohala skyway and Bald River Falls last year ...it was a long long day of riding..man was my booty numb LOL!
  • Missellaneous02
    Options
    ok go ahead and laugh

Ihave a 150cc scooter

goes up to 69mph

That is actually awesome! I give you more props for doing it on 150, VT is BEAUTIFUL. I never let people give me crap for having a 250. I'm very petitie and it would be stupid to upgrade to something bigger when I don't feel comfortable and can keep up with everyone else on my Rebel.
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    ok go ahead and laugh

Ihave a 150cc scooter

goes up to 69mph

See my post. No jokes here. Love Scooters. Mine easily does 90MPH. Had 134,000 miles on a 600 Silverwing. My registration says "motorcycle". We don't differentiate between an automatic transmission car and a manual shift one...they are both cars. I don't understand why some riders will say an automatic shift bike is not a "real" motorcycle.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options

2 wheels is 2 wheels. Those bigger scooters like the Burgman will go faster than a Harley will, and they handle a lot better because they have better ground clearance, so you aren't scraping floorboards around every curve.
    Indeed!

While, I'm not a fan of C90s, I'd still probably choose one over a Harley!
    Even with dirt tyres, can still get a reasonable bit of lean, especially with hanging off a bit:
    46620_10150268495945228_1066451_n.jpg

While I'm at it:
    DNA 125, just coming into a slower corner - that scooter'd lean a bit more.
    197111_4974723713_2835_n.jpg
    (Me behind, going to overtake my friend in front.)

Full-size racing:
    393139_10151450629718714_138043389_n.jpg
  • rlinaresv
    rlinaresv Posts: 108
    Options
    Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600 here. Waiting for better weather to start riding this year
  • Missellaneous02
    Options
    ok go ahead and laugh

Ihave a 150cc scooter

goes up to 69mph

That is actually awesome! I give you more props for doing it on 150, VT is BEAUTIFUL. I never let people give me crap for having a 250. I'm very petitie and it would be stupid to upgrade to something bigger when I don't feel comfortable and can keep up with everyone else on my Rebel.

That is 50% why i went with a small scooter. I am 5' 3" with short legs and it is the only bike I can stabilize with my legs, but I still have to slide forward and off the seat lol, unless i kickstand it with one leg, but that is a looong lean sometimes...

We didnt do the major highways, we did the biways, nothing over 55 mph..... I kept up around 60 mph....................

Me neither I was with a group of about 10 and we rode from MA to Granville VT with barely any highway. This was in the fall too so the foliage was absolutely breathtaking. Probably my favorite run I've done so far even with all the rain we got. I was with a ducati, a virago, an excelsior, a triumph, and a bunch of other bikes all above 250 CC and I kept up just fine.
  • ghiaguy
    ghiaguy Posts: 46
    Options
    My wife (Jamie2007) and I both ride. I have an 82 Ironhead Sportster that I hardtailed, stretched and raked. She has a Sportster 48. Can't wait for the weather to start cooperating.
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have a '04 Suzuki Bandit 1200 -- and I did the Dragon a few years back now. What a great ride! I cannot WAIT for spring!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    ok go ahead and laugh

Ihave a 150cc scooter

goes up to 69mph

Nobody needs to laugh at anybody else's ride. If you enjoy it, good on you!
  • watt420
    watt420 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have a 2007 Sportster 1200L. Still took cold to ride, snow this weekend. :( SOON!
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Cali guy here who gets to ride all year long ;). First bike was a 07 Suzuki gs500f then it got stolen and now have a 99 Suzuki SV650. Next bike will either be a new SV650 or a Ducati monster