Motorcycles who rides?

Options

Replies

• Inglesina94
    Options
    I ride an honda VFR 800 as often as I can, though last year weather was terrible.

Hopefully this year I will get a few more rides in the beautiful south east of England and a little more commuting to the office!
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Have 2 bikes here C50T which I ride most and a Honda CBR 250 which I started on. Love riding and have been lucky enough this year to be able to ride off and on all year. It was 70 here this past Saturday so was out and riding. Ready for the warmer weather to stay so I can get morning riding in.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    We have a 2011 Triumph Rocket III Touring. I can't wait for warmer weather to get a ride in! We just can't do 23 degrees...lol My husband is not that hard core!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I ride an honda VFR 800 as often as I can, though last year weather was terrible.

Hopefully this year I will get a few more rides in the beautiful south east of England and a little more commuting to the office!

The VFR 800 is an amazing bike. I really do think the newer 1200s are a HUGE step in the wrong direction
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options

The VFR 800 is an amazing bike. I really do think the newer 1200s are a HUGE step in the wrong direction

Apparently so do most other riders, considering they are sitting on the showroom floors. Way to expensive for what you get.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

Apparently so do most other riders, considering they are sitting on the showroom floors. Way to expensive for what you get.

The original VF/VFR was Honda's Superbike platform back in its day, and the engineers behind the VFR series up to and including the 800s took care to always remember its racebike roots. With the 1200 they forgot it, and in doing so, forgot what made the VFR the amazing bike it was.
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    2011 Street Bob named "Traveller" here. I totalled my starter bike (2004 Honda Shadow VLX) and used the money as a down payment on the Harley.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I don't own a motorcycle but have a friend's husband that owns a Harley. I've learned after going on a short motorcycle ride that wearing shorts is not a good idea. Wearing jeans is the way to go!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    This guy
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I don't own a motorcycle but have a friend's husband that owns a Harley. I've learned after going on a short motorcycle ride that wearing shorts is not a good idea. Wearing jeans is the way to go!
    No problem wearing shorts if the rider DEFINITELY isn't going to crash and the weather is right.

If you've got any concern at all about the likelihood of a crash - go for proper protective motorcycle clothing, I'd say!
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    IDK where you all are from but Im from TN so, have any of you heard of the dragon? Or been brave enough to ride it?

http://voices.yahoo.com/tennessees-dragon-favorite-ride-daring-motorcyclist-1550.html

I did the Dragon a couple of years ago on a Kawasaki KLR 650 I rented in Townsend. I liked it so much I bought a 2009 model a couple of months later.

I live about 4-5 hours from it but have never done it. I think might have to remedy that this year!

Do it! The roads around it are better, but it's fun to do the Dragon just so you can say you did! I had a blast on it, but we ended up there on a Saturday so there were a lot of bikes. It'd be better during the week and in spring or fall when most of the other bikes are gone.

I live 54 miles from the "Hill", as we call it.(Deal's Gap, aka The Tail of the Dragon) I own a couple gsxr's , a B-12 and a Tiller 1000. Been riding since I was 7yrs old, almost 40 yrs now on 2 wheels. My favorite ride is my resto-modded 1986 GSXR 7-12 ...And I'm tearing the Tiller down and using the engine/running gear to build a 130rwhp chopper this year.
    Almost all the roads are good to ride down here. I love it here!! I average 25-30,000 mi a year on 2 wheels ......
    Anything with 2 wheels is awesome, no matter the badge hanging on it !!!

BTW ....This thread is AWESOME !!!!

Anything with 2 wheels is awesome, no matter the badge hanging on it !!! <----

That's right,, whatever you ride, is awesome!!
  • danimalkeys
    Options
    No problem wearing shorts if the rider DEFINITELY isn't going to crash and the weather is right.

If you've got any concern at all about the likelihood of a crash - go for proper protective motorcycle clothing, I'd say!
    In other words, gear up because you never know.
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yeah always gear for the wreck not for the weather.
  • danimalkeys
    Options
    Yeah always gear for the wreck not for the weather.

"It's better to sweat than bleed" - a quote I take to heart. I MIGHT make a quick run to the store with jeans on, but I still wear a full face helmet, protective jacket, and gloves. 99.9% of the time I'm wearing either mesh or full textile protective overpants as well. Yes, I'm one of those "Stormtrooper" riders. The thing is, with the mesh pants, I can wear shorts underneath, have plenty of ventilation to stay cool, and still be protected. Same with the jacket- an underarmor type shirt, mesh jacket, and the breeze flows right thru to keep you cool.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I bought my ex husband a bike. And rode with him but also gave it to him in the divorce so now someday I hope to have another
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    My ride to the Y is only 2 miles but I gotta admit even in 50 degree weather it feels good to get on that thing for a few minutes. I am itching for the real Spring to show up and do some real riding.

50 degrees? I'd be out riding in a t shirt! It doesn't look like I'm getting my annual easter morning ride in this year! It's still in the 30's with snow covered roads. I don't do that anymore!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I bought my ex husband a bike. And rode with him but also gave it to him in the divorce so now someday I hope to have another
    Sounds like you got a baaaad deal! LOL.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My husband and I ride. We are heading to Panama City Beach in May for the Thunder Beach rally. We never miss it. Anyone else heading to that rally? PM me.

My husband has a Harley Super Glide, I have a Yamaha Virago. Mine is currently for sale. Given how much of my time is taken up with work and our grandson, I don't have the time to ride myself, so I will just enjoy riding with him when I can. I need to see someone get some use out of her. Plus we could use the cash.

Shiney side up!!!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have a Barbie-pink moped with matching helmet. Does that count?

Seriously though. All of you be careful when the weather warms up. The roads are still sandy and lots of accidents happen on those first warm days. Other folks are not thinking about bikers after the winter. Emergency rooms prepare when a warm day hits.

And I do have the pink moped. Doc said no more bicycling. Decent substitute.
  • JoeGa
    JoeGa Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm a weekender only....traffic is murderous in Atlanta otherwise....quite literally...for riders....