Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Motorcycles who rides?

Replies

• rpp223
    rpp223 Posts: 746 Member
    I have a Yamaha 1993 FZR 600. Got it last year at a great price.

Finally got it out this past weekend and it felt GREAT!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Started riding dirt bikes in 1967. Bought my first street bike in 1972. Have been riding ever since. Got a 1997 Royal Star right now.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    Started on dirt bikes in 1974. Currently-updated to a 2013 HD Heritage Classic Soft Tail a few weeks ago. Just had shoulder surgery. Hope to be riding by June 1st. sigh.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    I've been riding for 8 years after being a passenger for many many years. I have a 2007 FXDC. I'll be keeping my Rosie for a few more years, but my next bike will be a Heritage Soft Tail.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    My dream bike atm is the 650 v-strom Suzuki. Saving up for that one...

Good choice, great all around bike!

JM
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    23 degrees??!!! More power to you! The older I get, the more of a fair weather rider I become!

I ride an '05 Suzuki C90 - a 1500cc beast of a machine that used to be called the Intruder. I bought it after I totaled my Honda 750 Shadow ACE when a deer opped out in front of me. If I hit a deer with this one I might just win! :laugh:

I didn't get much riding in last season - I was recuperating from having both knees replaced and then had some problems with a local shop :grumble: . But I'm ready to go this year!
  • IslandRider
    IslandRider Posts: 244
    <--- My dog and I ride. Harley 1200XL.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Vulcan 500 here. That's right - 500. It's all I could (read: my wife would let me) afford at the time.

Definitely want to upgrade to some sort of touring bike in the future - probably another Vulcan, but maybe a Gold Wing.

Haven't rode yet - I'm in Connecticut - but I almost took the bike out this past Sunday. I was just too tired after the gym, so I wussed out.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    2006 Honda VFR. This year was the first year in about 3 years that I've broken my year-ride rider strike. Haven't taken it out of the garage in like 3 months.

I also have classy 75 Yamaha RD350. I better get that thing on the road this summer. It's a shame letting it sit.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    2010 Harley Street Bob! LOVE my girl!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Special edition ninja 2fitty r
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Ironhead bobber
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    <---- I ride something with 4 wheels.
  • 2004 Yamaha V-Star Classic 1100. LOVE ITTTTTTTT!!!!!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Yamaha Virago 535 rider here. Unfortunately noone else in my family rides and the season is too short where I live. Can´t wait to get her out of the garage.:smile:

Nice. I have the same bike.

IMG_3641small.jpg

Really want a Fat Bob, but can't justify the expense with med school possibly in the future.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Yamaha Virago 535 rider here. Unfortunately noone else in my family rides and the season is too short where I live. Can´t wait to get her out of the garage.:smile:

Nice. I have the same bike.

IMG_3641small.jpg

Really want a Fat Bob, but can't justify the expense with med school possibly in the future.

It's an investment, Harleys retain their value ;) Call me an enabler.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    I have an 08 Yamaha FZ6 and 1979 Honda CB750-F Super Sport which I plan to turn into a Brat.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    It's an investment, Harleys retain their value ;) Call me an enabler.

Doesn't matter what you can sell it for if you're never going to sell it ;)
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Special edition ninja 2fitty r

Those things look like they would be a blast! I have wanted to get my hands on one of those for a flogging ever since they did the redesign.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    I have an 08 Yamaha FZ6 and 1979 Honda CB750-F Super Sport which I plan to turn into a Brat.
    My first "big boy" bike was a 1980 CB750-F Super Sport. How far are you gonna go with the CB?

I now ride a 2012 BMW R1200R Classic. My first BMW - first non-Jap bike after a long line of mostly Hondas.