500 calorie weekdays and anything i want weekends

Options

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Not to be that girl but that kinda sounds like disordered eating. Basically starving yourself and then binging. It's really not a good thing. :flowerforyou:
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I was expecting the OP to be someone a lot younger .. don't do it... you don't need to starve yourself to lose weight! If you plan on doing so, you're in the wrong place and should be seeking professional help.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I find that eating nothing but Starburst Jelly Beans and drinking Sunkist is enough to sustain me 7 days a week...I always have energy and am always satisfied :wink:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    i am splitting each meal in two small portions so as to eat a normal amount of food while eating 6xday to shrink my stomach and speed up my metabolism

eating more frequently DOES NOT speed up metabolism.

You have this the wrong way around, this a version of intermittent fasting but you are meant to eat 500 calories 2 days per week and normally for the other 5.

^^ not that i particularly endorse that either.

Actually, OP, if you want to do something similar but healthier intermittent fasting might be a good option. But you still need to make sure that you're getting enough calories weekly.

And I agree that the speeding up your metabolism thing is bunk.
  • AnnabellKE
    AnnabellKE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How can you possibly function with only 500 calories a day? I eat that before 10AM. I agree with the prevous posters, eat at least 1200 calories NET a day. Or better yet, check out the roadmap threads and eating at your TDEE.

^^ This
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You are doing it wrong
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This is what is known as a crash diet. Do a little research on what you can expect to happen to your body in the next few weeks of your diet. Now spend that few weeks realising that eating like you are doing is unsustainable. Eat lots for several weeks and return to your initial starting weight. Eats lots for several more weeks and put on more weight than you started with. Come back here when you realise that there must be a better way to lose weight than to starve yourself. See you then, we will be waiting to help you then.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    she just joined and only ever posted once... i reckon its someone playng about
    I don't. I wish I did, but I seriously don't think this is a troll.

Oh no :(
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    it's too early to troll
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Eating about 500 calories during the week and whatever I wanted on weekends is actually how I managed to gain weight. I wasn't doing to lose weight, it was just because my work week was so busy. I spent 10-12+ hours a day working on top of a 2.5-3.0 hour round trip commute. I didn't eat breakfast or lunch and only ate a small dinner at around 9pm (if I was less tired than hungry at that point). Some days I didn't eat anything.

Then on the weekends I'd eat whatever....probably like 2000-3000 calories/day or more.

I managed to initially lose weight this way...not intentionally really. But then I started coming home ravenous and started raiding my kitchen for snacks as soon as I got home...then I cooked and ate dinner..around 9-10pm....still whatever I wanted on weekends.

I put on about 8lbs this way.
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    she just joined and only ever posted once... i reckon its someone playng about
    I don't. I wish I did, but I seriously don't think this is a troll.

If it is, its a hangry troll... trow dat thang a sweet perdader ..giggity
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If you're not "hungry" then why do you eat so much on the weekends? Obviously you want and NEED to eat more food. You are really screwing up your metabolism with 500 calories/day.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    If you eat 500 calories a day during the week, you'd need to eat 3000 calories per day on Saturday and Sunday just to break even for the week. I suppose it's doable but it sounds freaking miserable. Why not eat more moderately throughout the week?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Not a good idea at all. I am going to guess you're not change anyway, not going to waste any time trying to explain. Just know that I, and most other logical people here think this is the worst plan ever. Good luck with it.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I start the day
    7am w a nutriblast drink made of spinach carrot and frozen fruit all blended and drunk including all fiber.
    10am one third of my 'tuna salad
    1pm one third 'tuna salad over butter lettuce
    3pm one third 'tuna salad
    6pm. 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese or cup of sugarfree hot chocolate
    8 or 9pm 15ish cucumber slices e lemon pepper seasoning
    + 8 cups water throughout the day.
    Why is this bad??

Good grief that sounds miserable.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Is this something you can do for the rest of your life? I wouldn't be able to and I shutter to think about the long term effects. I just don't understand how people who are on here for weight loss can say they can't eat over 1200 calories. Seriously? How did you get fat??
  • Sandrita615
    Options
    This is for real.. I combined the food lovers diet with calorie counting. I have never had an eating disorder and am only 20 lbs overweight trying to get ready for a beachside honeymoon. Im not hungry. I can add a midweek free. Day but i was a carboholic feeding on bread and now im eating healthy. Do u know how low in calories vegetables are if u dont put gunk all over them? Stop eating pre processed foods and eat fresh veggies and youll see this isnt that crazy. Look at the sample daily menu i edited into my first post...
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    If you really are the 52 year old woman your profile states, I think it's time to learn to eat "normally". You need to learn to eat so that you don't have to do this "crash diet" mentality. Lose it slow and healthy and keep up with the lifestyle afterward. I know with age comes weight gain, but I'm sure with this thought process you've been here A LOT of times before. My recommendation is to get a nutritionalist and learn to sustainably, for your body and your health for the rest of your life. We are only people that lost or losing weight, we aren't professionals.

Edit: If you thought this was a normal, sustainable, OK way of eating you wouldn't have posted here asking if it was.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Ok im confused..before diet, i didnt think i was eating that much but gained weight...so i started counting calories and using lettuce and cucumbers to add volume to my meals....i am splitting each meal in two small portions so as to eat a normal amount of food while eating 6xday to shrink my stomach and speed up my metabolism. I am not hungry at all and I'm only taking in 500 calories a day...mind u i am eating plenty of food...fresh fruits and vegetables lettuce tuna packed in water - all naturally low in carbs so u can eat lots of them..veggie burgers...i feel better and losing a pound every day or two......(although on weekends i let myself have anything including pizza, cheese, wine, etc.)...now your site is telling me i need 1200 calories a day...why? If im not hungry, not bulemic, eating a normal amount of food but making good choices, why do i need to eat more? I heard my calories are too low and it will slow my metabolism long term but if im eating plenty of food and higher carbs on weekends, isnt that a healthy option?
    Sample daily menu...night before i make this salas that fills a med cottage cheese container:
    1 can tuna packed in water, drained (save the liquid) and broken into really small pieces. Twice that volume in trader joes healthy chopped fresh vegetable mix. 1/2 tsp mayo and a little tuna juice as needed to moisten. Stir well.. Season tuna 'salad' with vegeta and lemon pepper. That amount should take care of 2 meals and one snack for the day or 2 snacks and i meal. If it seems like too little, serve over butter lettuce.
    I start the day
    7am w a nutriblast drink made of spinach carrot and frozen fruit all blended and drunk including all fiber.
    10am one third of my 'tuna salad
    1pm one third 'tuna salad over butter lettuce
    3pm one third 'tuna salad
    6pm. 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese or cup of sugarfree hot chocolate
    8 or 9pm 15ish cucumber slices e lemon pepper seasoning
    + 8 cups water throughout the day.
    Why is this bad??

Add 2-4 whole eggs and some shredded cheese to your breakfast.

Have 3 tuna salads instead of 1 split into 3rds. Not sure what you put in it but things like avocado, tomato, carrots, celery, mushrooms, peppers, and jalapenos are good.

have a whole cup of full fat cottage cheese and a cup of hot chocolate for your snack

Add 6-8 ounces of chicken cooked with coconut oil and seasoned with the lemon pepper dressing for dinner

Start working out more.

When is your wedding? Don't do this until after if it's very soon.
  • Sandrita615
    Options
    What happened to my first post - did u delete it?????!?!?!?
This discussion has been closed.