500 calorie weekdays and anything i want weekends

Options

Replies

• TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Wait, this isn't the "Chit Chat Fun and Games" Message Board?!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Some days I try hard to stay under 500 calories a meal. You should be eating atleast 1200 a day and if you are excercising also atleast 350-500 calories of excercise a day you prob should be eating closer to 1400 calories. The guy talking about the car thing was smart....your body does need the fuel to keep going when you're working out.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Eating 500 calories a day, no matter where the calories are from, is not healthy or sustainable. Your body needs food to function properly and 500 calories a day doesn't even begin to cover your BMR. Add in the fact that you then binge on the weekends and you're setting yourself up for failure. You need to eat.

This!
  • carissawhitworth
    Options
    This is crazy... 500 calories a day that's it? If you really feel that is all you need you should think about talking to your doctor about that. You may have a legitimate mental health issue.
    Ouch!

The truth hurts :/
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    i am splitting each meal in two small portions so as to eat a normal amount of food while eating 6xday to shrink my stomach and speed up my metabolism

eating more frequently DOES NOT speed up metabolism.

You have this the wrong way around, this a version of intermittent fasting but you are meant to eat 500 calories 2 days per week and normally for the other 5.

^^ not that i particularly endorse that either.

This. Eating frequently does not speed up your metabolism.

500 calories a day is not enough for your body to perform basic functions. You are actually doing damage to your metabolism and setting yourself up to struggle with proper weight loss.

If you seriously thing 500 calories a day is fufuilling and ok, you should seek counseling. You may have issues with food/diet.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Come on team, we shouldn't beat the original poster up like this. All she's doing is intermittent fasting!
    With love,
    Burt

1. IF is 5 days of healthy eating at TDEE and 2 days 500, what OP is doing IS NOT I.F
    2. I haven't read a single post prior to yours that was "beating up" OP, people are giving sound advice, and not being mean or nasty
  • NicS69
    NicS69 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Remember the food that you eat is the fuel for your body. You need to have all the proper nutrients in your body. Although you maybe be eating the right foods, it's not enough to sustain your overall health. And by binging on the weekend, you body is going to store all the fat because it knows it won't get much during the week to burn. Also, when you don't have the proper fats/carbs etc in your diet to burn as fuel then your body will start losing muscle since it is "starving".

I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss goals, remember you need to stay Healthy and learn the healthy way of losing weight. Good Luck!
  • rdpage90
    rdpage90 Posts: 13
    Options
    Not sure if you are male or female as no pic but if you are female then you shouldn't do this. Your body needs minimum 1200 for your lady cycles to remain regular and healthy.

Again apologies if you aren't a woman or you are but are of an age where this doesn't affect you.

Just thought it would be good advice in general for anyone readying this post and thinking of doing the same.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    This is crazy... 500 calories a day that's it? If you really feel that is all you need you should think about talking to your doctor about that. You may have a legitimate mental health issue.
    Ouch!

Why ouch?? Disordered eating is a mental health issue in itself and can lead to further problems that are very difficult to treat, better to catch it early and get the help needed :flowerforyou:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    31282996.jpg
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hope you will be happy being skinny fat with no hair.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    500 calories a day is just plain ridiculous! :huh:
  • keyz1508
    keyz1508 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ahhh i see this is another "im going to ask peoples opinions but I have already made up my mind and anyone who disagrees is wrong" threads.

I'm out.

Agreed. Why did you post knowing that everyone would tell tht you are not eating enough? Please eat more! Reading your daily menu makes me sad. Even if you don't feel hungry that is not enough food.
  • carissawhitworth
    Options
    Your whole day is like... my lunch.THIS IS CRAZY. You need to go to a pro ana site or something if you are looking for support you are not going to get it here. this is my FITNESS pal not my weightloss pal. We are all here for one reason- to get fit and healthy not starve ourselves.
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    Come on team, we shouldn't beat the original poster up like this. All she's doing is intermittent fasting!
    With love,
    Burt

Do not be bloody stupid.. It is starvation mode.. I understand eatin issues and trust me I'am not for one min judging OP...The body is confused and will not work properly with out proper fuel. Our body is like a fire.. Fuel it or it goes out!!

I get fasting for religious reasons but in general 'fasting' is just a fast way to poor health!

You are supporting someones STRUGGLE.. Not the person!!

Maybe I will step back and say I wish you health and understand that maybe you have a problem here also.

Good Luck all.. I ain here to tell you what to eat.. But id like to wish you good health.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    What you described is a controlled starve/binge cycle. This is dangerous. You may not have an ED yet, but you're setting yourself up to develop one.

Other reasons why your diet is bad:
    -You're losing weight, but most of that is muscle and water. It's not the fat you want to lose to look good in your bikini. You're not providing your body with the correct nutrition to retain muscle. Sorry, but you're probably going to look WORSE at the end of this crash diet than you do now because you'll have lost muscle definition.
    -You're slowly damaging your metabolism. Eating whatever you want on the weekends isn't enough to make up for your body expecting to be fed 500 calories normally. You're eventually going to start gaining weight because you'll binge on the weekend and your body won't know what to do with the extra calories.
    -By eating the same thing every single day, you're missing out on a ton of important micronutrients from other sources of food you're neglecting.
    -Excess consumption of tuna may be potentially harmful because of the mercury content.
    -There's no way in hell this is sustainable.

There are so many other HEALTHY ways to lose weight. Please look into them.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    no.
  • Hannahmave
    Options
    Your whole day is like... my lunch.THIS IS CRAZY. You need to go to a pro ana site or something if you are looking for support you are not going to get it here. this is my FITNESS pal not my weightloss pal. We are all here for one reason- to get fit and healthy not starve ourselves.

Agreed, you shouldn't starve yourself, we aren't going to support a dangerous diet, we will support YOU however and that's what past posts are trying to do. It's tough love, do not make a mistake! x
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    ahhh i see this is another "im going to ask peoples opinions but I have already made up my mind and anyone who disagrees is wrong" threads.

I'm out.

Yeah, that seems to be the case.

OP you didn't answer my question about how many calories you're eating on the weekend. If it's still a crazy low amount, you will not be able to go back to eating normally on your honeymoon without gaining back the weight you lost.

You're close to your goal. Set MFP to lose 1 pound per week and just eat your calorie goal. Be patient.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Isn't that what the 5:2 "diet" is all about?
This discussion has been closed.