What is your excuse? (pics included)

Options

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, woman! I had NO idea how much you had on your plate. I'm amazed at the fact you're able to do all that, let ALONE lose weight. Absolutely remarkable. AND you fine time to come on here and pay attention to all of us.

Good lord, are you sure you're human?!

Oh, and it goes without saying, but you look absolutely INCREDIBLE.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You're a rock star!!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    tthis is so amazing. you are truly awesome
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You are amazing....ly hot and bendy. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    You are a pretty remarkable person. Thank you for sharing.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You are kicking *kitten* and taking names! Loved reading your story today too! Rock on girl!
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You rock!

My pictures arent working **kicks rocks*
  • silvermist18903
    silvermist18903 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're beautiful and hot. I hope I can look like you someday! I'm so envious and proud of your progress!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    you are incredible!!
  • jella416
    jella416 Posts: 3
    Options
    Great job! Your attitude is very inspiring as I too am a single mom who works and attends college full time. I made plenty of excuses for not getting to the gym until I realized that my 30th birthday is less than 6 months away and I do NOT want to criticize every picture of myself during my vacation. Something magically clicked and 8 weeks later I'm down 12lbs with another 51 before my goal. Keep up the great work! Thanks for the story :-)
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and strong and so freaking beautiful. And because I am a better friend than Lea, this is my first new post.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bravo!
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Inspirational :-)... I shall refer people back to this if they seem to lose their way :-D
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed this. You are so inspirational. I am happy to have you as a friend. I myself understand too well where you are coming from. being a working mother, participating in extracurricular activities, all the while going to work. This is not easy. Many people make excuses so they can quit. Not you, you did it all and did it WELL. You rock. I would BANG, you are a 10 and so my type.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    You have always been amazing to me, but you are even more now than ever before!! Yes, it's been a long road, but you did it and kicked *kitten* while doing it. I heart you so hard.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Damn. Truly amazing and inspiring. Awesome.
  • jenn559896
    jenn559896 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Truly an inspiration! :)
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Love this. I hate the "I don't have time" excuse...
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I want to start by saying that I am not writing this to look for compliments or way to go’s. I just want to share my story because I see so many people talking about how bad they want to lose weight and that they don’t have time to workout or it’s so hard to get motivated.

So here it is…For the last four years I have been attending college full-time while working full-time and being the main bread winner for my family. Somehow, I found more than 24 hours in a day. Two years ago, I was one of 20 people that decided our town needed a different kind of church, so we started one where I also volunteered as the financial clerk and youth pastor until recently.

I studied for and earned the highest credentials possible for a lactation consultant, YAY BOOBS! I decided to divorce my husband because I finally got fed up with the mental, emotional, and physical abuse that I was receiving. I am still currently dealing with this process.

I am graduating with a Bachelor’s degree endorsed with the highest honors. I wanted to give up many times on most of this, but I pushed through.

Look at my ticker. I have lost 27 lbs too. I wake up every morning around 4 am to work out so that I have time at the end of the day to make dinner for my kids, spend quality time with them, be the best mom possible, and work on school work. I lift 3 days a week and do some form of cardio 3 days a week. I made this a priority in my life and fit it in where I could to make it work.

What I can tell you is it’s not easy. If it were, we would all have our dream bodies and gyms would be out of business. You might not want to hear this, but it takes making it a priority and motivating yourself to get off your butt and do something to reach your goal.

If someone like me, a small town girl from Indiana that doesn’t have much, can do this and lose weight (the healthy way), what are you waiting for?

TL:DR….I’m a freakin’ busy person and found time to workout.

The picture that started it all…

8d70834a-b0d7-4e86-99fb-79958a7e6a51_zpsee3a4bc3.jpg

PROGRESS

IMAG0150_zpsb4dba540.jpg

e6e5f149-cca4-40f2-bb67-078448c29e23_zps8bdf882d.jpg

A couple for the fellas :wink:

5fb025a1-b11b-46db-83be-a43c7b2da0f2_zpsb730704c.jpg

673e9bf6-1315-4eae-bd47-017382d168cd_zpsb5888ee2.jpg

Great stuff.

I let my divorce be an excuse for eating badly and not exercising for a long time. Started running again and really thinking about my food back in 2010, then got hurt (without insurance) so I kind of slid back again. After pigging out pretty badly over Xmas break this year I decided things had to change. Immediately.

I realized from past experience that I do better with goals. I started the Couch to 5k program and signed up for a race (which is tomorrow) and am about to sign up for roughly one per month for the rest of the year. I started reading up on Primal/Paleo diets and finally settled on Tim Ferris' Slow Carb diet, which is essentially primal with beans and a cheat day once per week. My ticker here shows me down about 15 lbs, but the real number is closer to 30. I just hadn't updated the weight here when I began in January.

So now in March, all these changes are now simply the norm. They are part of my life and I make certain they remain. I work out five times a week. Currently all cardio but after tomorrow's race I'm going to start adding in some lifting (along the lines of Stronglifts 5x5) and am not planning on stopping until I can see my abs. That's probably going to take a year or so, but again I do better with goals.

Glad to find like-minded people and friends here on MFP that are willing to share their stories and workouts. I'm always willing to try new things. This summer stand-up paddleboarding is on the list.