They cut my head open, your excuse is invalid!

Options

Replies

• terriblyn
    terriblyn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you had it all sorted out! Hooray for being alive!
    Thank you for sharing your story. Truly inspiring!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, thank you for sharing it :heart:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring! :heart:

P.S., For some reason, I sorta dig the hairdo, post-shave.

I remember a time in the 90's maybe when it was cool for girls (and guys with longer hair) to shave the entire underneath layer and leave the top long! It would cut my hair drying time in half!
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    wow! thank you for sharing! you are amazing :wink:
  • Candacecooler
    Options
    You look awesome, way to go! Love the positive attitude.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    You are one serious tough cookie! Thank you for sharing :)
  • Imgoing2makeit
    Options
    Inspirational...thanks for sharing!
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Amazing doesn't begin to describe it! You kick *kitten*! :heart:
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That is such a scary experience and makes you totally correct in the fact that no matter what excuse I have, it isnt good enough! thank you so much for sharing your story!
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Lady, you are absolutely a super hero. This needs to be pinned as mandatory reading for everyone who signs up for MFP. Thanks a ton for sharing!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) Someone on my FL mentioned the other day that they could never complain about being sore or whatever it is after what I have been through, but my reply was, just wait a few weeks and I will be complaining about how my steak wasn't cooked right or whatever. It's ALL relative!

It may be all relative, but you put it in perspective. Good luck to you, and congrats on your wieght loss and your poisitve surgery. You are an inspiration to the rest of us
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Wow, gal. What a story! Hope your recovery continues well and way to stay motivated to get back in gym. :heart:
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, you're an inspiration. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    28629242.jpg
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I am so very honored and proud to call you a friend.

And you're absolutely right, my excuse is COMPLETELY invalid.
  • TheMoonMuse
    TheMoonMuse Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great post!!
  • BLooM817
    BLooM817 Posts: 29
    Options
    amazing!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Lady, you are absolutely a super hero. This needs to be pinned as mandatory reading for everyone who signs up for MFP. Thanks a ton for sharing!

Thank you...funny story. One night when I was putting my son to bed (he's 6), we talked about how once I felt better after the surgery we could play tennis and soccer together again. Then he said, "Maybe you'll be able to play football, or wrestle with big men!" I was like...ehrmmm...not coming back at a super hero kiddo :)
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    My darling friend, you are such a badass. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Love the title and love your inspiring story of inspiration even more! I had a little lemon sized brain tumor removed about 6 years ago and you’re so right, life happens but you have to keep moving.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully lots of people see your story and it lifts their spirts! Well said!

And more importantly congrats on the healthy transformation – you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!