Parents, how often do you go out?

Options
123457»

Replies

• algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments! And somehow no one bashing me/ my parenting. Thanks !!

I have to applaud those of you who never get a break! I love my son more than anything and gladly spend all my time with him but its so nice to be crystal sometimes, not just momma. When I worked days and he worked nights we were passing trains, I work 6 a to 4 p he worked 3 to 11 p. It was really rough on our relationship its so nice getting to go out weekly now he works days too!

I was starting to feel guilty then got that comment from an aquaintance and started feeling bad. Our son begs to go to grandmas, his 4 cousins live there. So im glad no one thinks poorly!

No matter what you do as a parent, SOMEONE is going to have something to say about it. If your child(ren) do not feel neglected, are happy to go to grandma's and get(s) to socialize with peers while you two get to nurture your relationship, I'd call it a win/win. We have done the opposite shift shuffle and it can wear down a couple. I felt like a single mother for a while because the timing just kinda left all the child rearing in my lap. Do you think I was the best mother I could be at that time? Why, no, of course not. So you just keep doing what works for your family and maybe someone can come up with a snappy comeback for the next thoughtless soul.

ETA: My mom thought Mother's Day Out programs at church, where volunteers babysat so young mothers could go get their hair cut or just spend a few moments in peace, was for lazy women who were bad mothers.I thought it was the greatest thing on Earth and volunteered!
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Our youngest (8) usually goes to his dad's every other weekend so we tend to go out then. We occasionally use our 18 year old on the other weekends one night here and there to go out as well. I sometimes meet a girlfriend during the week for dinner but not too often and the kids are home with my husband. I feel if our kid's needs are met, there is no reason for us not to go out and be adults and feed our marriage and who we are aside from being parents. If you aren't drinking and driving and leaving your kids all the time not helping them with homework and keeping a routine going for the most part, then it's fine. But my husband and I feel we need to feed our marriage and our adult lives to be the best parents we can be to our kids.