Oil pulling??

Options
1235»

Replies

• wmagoo27
    wmagoo27 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What type of oil are you using? That can make a huge difference in taste.
    I have used oil pulling a few different times over the years. I find it whitens my teeth and helps to alleviate phlegm in my throat. I don't believe in the "detox" properties that some claim, however, I do believe that is improves oral hygiene and that improved health is a direct result of that.

I came across this post on an oil pulling forum that I think makes sense.
    OP = Oil Pulling
    "I've OPed for about three years now. And I've followed endless discussions about what it does and does not do. I now have a theory.

I don't think that OP "pulls" anything out of the system. What it does seem to do is infuse your body with EFA's sublingually (under your tongue) which enters the bloodstream bypassing gastric juices. I found a patent that uses oil as a transporter of medication for a sublingual medication. From what I read, Oleic Acid is commonly used for this transport.

It makes sense why some people have skin conditions clear up with OP. They are being dose with good oil.

Secondly, there is no do doubt that the health of your mouth is directly linked to your organ health. A well known biologist, a friend of my Dad, said he thinks that the bacteria in the mouth, the really bad stuff that forms plague, is very attracted to the acids in the oil. So it melts this bad stuff and then you spit it out. That's why your teeth get much cleaner than by conventional means, like alcohol based rinses.

And so, when you melt this bad stuff, you simply spit it out..buh bye.

Now, I think this is the major link to why people experience healing while OP. As your mouth is populating with all this nasty bacteria (or worse, infections), you are swallowing the stuff. That bacteria is attacking you internally. That is why some people have had heart attacks after a dental procedure, like a root canal, that infuses their body with nasty stuff. Yes, it can attack the heart and other vital organs.

OP simply removes it so that it cannot go anywhere else. Dr. Karach talked about curing a long time blood disease. Perhaps his dental health was very bad.

Add a drop of Oil of Oregano to your oil pulling for about a week every 3 or so months, and you have a powerful anti-bacterial agent to kill all this stuff. Oregano Oil is natures anti-biotic, so it should not be abused, and used just like you would a pharmaceutical anti-biotic.

All these theories I have come from a long time listening and discussing this modality.

OP is very gentle. It's just food for goodness sake! And I believe that it should be a common morning occurrence, just like brushing your teeth.
  • lostinthe619
    Options
    Sensitive is how you explain to an almost grown child that there really is no santa claus. But when it's a grown adult who believes in santa claus.... that's sort of awkward.

17622749.jpg
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    This thread is a disappointment.

I thought 'Oil Pulling' was a euphemism. :frown:

:laugh:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    It's an ancient Indian method. Honestly some of you people should read up on something before commenting on how it's a fad like the Master Cleanse. :noway: And some people act like they are the top scientists or doctors in the world when responding in these kinds of threads - who makes you the health professional all of a sudden? :laugh:

I've heard amazing things about this method. It cleared up a girl's skin that I know really well. I strongly believe in many ancient health methods. Our ancestors knew a lot more than we give them credit for.

Link to peer-reviewed studies please! 'Evidence' that it helped clear up one friend's skin is not evidence (was there a control group? What other environmental factors were in play? etc etc).

Oh, as stated in my previous post, I have read up on this before. And I studied human biology (at a real university, not some 'holistic' school). Nothing I have seen or read has given me any proof that toxins of any kind can be extracted via the mouth by swishing oil around it. As I said before, brush, floss, gargle mouth wash for a healthy mouth.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Idid it for a while... not because I really wanted too.. but it was kinda required at the house i was staying at.. anyways... i didnt find it too bad, used virgin cold pressed coconut oil- which doesnt taste bad... it does for sure clean your mouth, you can feel the difference- but you still have to brush your teeth and floss. I dont think it really did that much, but it does clean and moisturize your mouth