What advice would you give your younger self?

Options

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't give him any advice; he is who he is because of the experiences he's been though.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    use starting strength as a beginner template and don't spend a year lifting with machines and avoiding barbells!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't give him any advice; he is who he is because of the experiences he's been though.

That's a very good point.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Where career is concerned, do what you love: you'll always feel like you're playing instead of working, and you'll make more money at it than you will chasing something with a higher average salary.
  • jiggy_gibby
    jiggy_gibby Posts: 197
    Options
    Travel more. Worry less.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    1. Don't bother with college.
    2. Don't get pregnant.
    3. People really don't care about you.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Enjoy every second you're on the field, don't hope for rain or half-*kitten* practice just because it's practice.

Oh, and stop eating so much!
    interest.ing. i'm wondering what prompted this.... don't feel obliged to reply...
  • wvgirlnfl
    wvgirlnfl Posts: 30
    Options
    Don't be afraid to try new things or you will regret it later!

Get moving and the weight issue will take care of itself!

Enjoy the kids because you won't believe how fast they grow up and are gone!
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Don't start smoking.

Don't marry her only because you think that no one else will ever want you.

You may only be 150 lbs now, but start exercising because in 25 years.....
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    You know there is really no reason why you can't stay the strong atheletic girl you are. no circumstances that you can't overcome. I know your dad was terminally ill with cancer and you had to use what free time you had to care of him and give your mom a little break. I know you had a tough year when your dad died a year later. a lot of adjustments to go through. but you are a strong woman. you can be an overcomer.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i'd tell my younger self to go to school for history and government and then get a job in political campaigns until eventually you are old enough to run for office.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    and another thing i'd tell myself is to "play lacrosse."
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    This is to all the Americans here;

Travel loads, there's a great big wide world out there :-)
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    - Move your *kitten* and pick up a weight earlier in life!!!
    - Quit letting people walk all over you a little earlier than you actually realized it!
    - Stick with the original major you entered college for and put the beer bong down!!!
    - Have a better relationship with your family!!
    - Actually put $$$$ in a savings account early and don't touch it - EVER!
    - You ARE worth it!!
  • dirtyhouse48
    dirtyhouse48 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Smile, MAKE friends and DON'T GO out with Jim from the flea market on your 38 birthday.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I would not tell myself anything because I would be too fearful of changing who i am and what I have accomplished. I had so much bad that it pushed my to fight harder. If I avoided any of the bad, would I be who and where I am today?
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Not to engage in exercises like this because the future is unknowable and looking back causes regret or a false sense of control.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i would tell my eight year old self that if you start working hard right now, that if you start training and take it seriously, when you grow up, you can be Batman.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Until your poor 8 year old self tries to jump off the roof...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Stop assuming that no one likes you. Get out and do things.

Don't be afraid of being a military wife. It will be one of the best things that could happen to you.

I have regrets about other things, but changing them might change a lot of good things that happened as a result of those bad situations. So I'll just stick to those two.