What advice would you give your younger self?

Options

Replies

• oskybosky4
    Options
    Be true to yourself - it doesn't really matter what other people say to try to put you down or make you unhappy

Enjoy your children when they are babies, toddlers, pre teen, teenagers and young adults - you never get those years back

Don;t make it all about you - other people have opinions and guess what sometimes they are right

Learn to play a musical instrument

Don't marry too young

Save money

Don't rely on anyone else to make you happy, only you can do that

When you learn to drive a car - don't give up just because you are a bit scared
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    - Don't touch those cigarettes!

- That guy you stuck with for two years because you thought you loved him even though he gave you Hell, yeah, he's not worth it!

- Don't eat all the food! Exercise, eat healthy!

- You want to sing in a band! Do it now! I haven't waited too long but I love it more than I could imagine! Start now! :D
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Don't try to kill yourself - so much bad will end up coming out of it
  • IIFerdi
    IIFerdi Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Life gets so much better if you just dont give a **** once in a while.
    Dont care about what people think of you.

dont give to much of your time & energy to people that dont give the same effort back.
  • passmetheducksauce
    passmetheducksauce Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    marry a rich individual

or

hit the lottery
  • danimal5867
    danimal5867 Posts: 390
    Options
    Put down the beer and cigarettes and lace up some running shoes.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    "Slow down tubby! We're not on the moon yet!"
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Lift all the weights.
    Hack all the computers.
    Start learning Polish, Russian, and German now.
    Don't hide that, there. Your mom will find it. That will be a bad day.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Don't turn to eating disorders to deal with and take control of your life.
    Take your mum to the doctors.
    Educate yourself whilst not being in school.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    No youre not fat...no.no. damnit skipping lunch then eating that huge bagel will make you fat! Also ignore mom and sign up for weightlifting. No it won't make you look fatter.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I would say, "You'd better watch what you eat and especially how much you eat! You won't like where you'll be in 15 years, and there's that history of diabetes in the family."

Also, go out and travel! There's so much to see and it's far better than what's been shown on TV!

Don't worry about what the rest of the world, including your own family, thinks of you. Be yourself and stand out!
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    This what i say "it ok your gay. Dont fell shame or guilt about what you are. You are a great person! "
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I would say, start sooner.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    "Chrissy has HPV."
    With love,
    Burt

He He!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    That sweating is ok and being strong is awesome.

I don't regret anything about my life, except the way I put health and fitness on the back burner for far too long.
  • jgbkab
    jgbkab Posts: 24
    Options
    Treat the woman you meet at 36 like gold or you'll regret it. Oh, and play these numbers when you're 35....
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    First and foremost would have been "PUT THE CHIPS DOWN, FATTY!" If only I would have known then what I know now about the way my body reacts to certain foods, what kinds of things I need to do to stay in shape, how much happier I am now that I can't dress up as Peter Griffin for Halloween without a fat suit....

And much like others in this reply thread, get out, do more. Have some fun, go to a couple more parties in college (definitely spent too much time in the lab and doing homework...).

And the number one piece of advice I would give "fresh-out-of-college" me is, "The quicker you figure out one truth to working, the easier a time you'll have. That truth? Your company doesn't pay you to be happy." And, yes, I tell that to every new hire that comes to work for me. The company pays you to do a job. Happiness at work is just a bonus.
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I think i would rather focus on the here and now and get going with matters at hand than look back through the lens of regret. Can't change the past but we can build the future..

this is good! If I could go back I'd change quite alot for the years during which I raised my two teens (I don't regret parenthood for a single minute, but I do think I let myself go and didn't realise the importance of looking after myself as wekll as them), but I'm just glad I am where I am now, much wiser and with more motivation and time to achieve the things I want to achieve.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to what other people say about you b/c they're just projecting their insecurities off on you. Enjoy life and be yourself, be yourself :bigsmile:

Also - Don't have sex before marriage
  • pinkymac11
    Options
    Eat right & exercise. Even though very busy & all the other excuses, keep healthy. Then I wouldn't have to be going through what I am now. But, being as how this is where I'm at, keep this up, listen to all of you & your advice, & get the job done. I just want to feel better.