Do you log your fruits & veggies?

Options
I don't log my fruits & veg calories into MFP. I love it! Gives me an incentive to eat more fruits & veg because they're 'free'.
I do log any salad dressings, dips, and such.

Anyone else?

Replies

• treenuh_x
    treenuh_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat. I'm a little paranoid about going over my calorie limit every day, so logging everything I put into my mouth helps a lot.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I log everything. every day. Otherwise, what's the point? You'll just delude yourself.
  • TheGnomeQueen
    Options
    There are still calories in fruits/vegetables. Also, I track my potassium intake and sugar.
  • 2EggsSeparated
    Options
    I do because turns out those things have calories. Who knew!?
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, it's not "free".
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies still have calories. eating a cup of grapes for 220 calories is no better than eating a cup of ice cream for 220 calories. It's all still sugar.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Honestly, anybody who is counting calories would do themselves a disservice not to count fruits and vegetables.

I personally think it's super important to count them because I'm tracking my nutrients and macros as well as my calories.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    You can probably get away with not logging non-starchy veggies that are not fruits in disguise. Things like leafy greens, celery, mushrooms, and artichokes are very, very low in calories.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Did you get that idea from Weight Watchers? Log EVERYTHING. Little bits of calories add up fast.. you are more than welcome to go see my diary. I eat a good bit of fruits and veggies and I log them all. It is necessary to know how many carbs, sugars *I don't care about sugars from natural sources at all*, fiber, all that other good stuff you are getting.

I know bananas are pretty high in calories.. 120 ish for a big one..
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    If it works for you, that is fine. If you find yourself stuck, try logging them for a week.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Log everything. Every calorie adds up.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I always log fruit and vegies. My issue is getting enough calories and these contribute. Also I can look back and see what I have actually eaten and how I am feeling. Plus as some fruit is higher in calories than you might think, it is a good idea to keep track. It has suprised me as to what I get eat heaps off and what I need to moderate.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Refugee from Weight Watchers, I see. Whatever works for you...but that apple has about a hundred calories.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I log everything. If I didn't log the fruits and veggies, then I wouldn't do as much loggin and therefore not have as much fun :)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, it's not "free".

Yeah
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Refugee from Weight Watchers, I see. Whatever works for you...but that apple has about a hundred calories.

Yep good point, it's very easy to overeat apples
  • carrie_lou
    Options
    ummm there are carbs in fruits and vegetables!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Are you serious?
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Well I guess it makes for an easy solution when you plateau. All you have to do is start actually logging all of your food and you'll lose weight.
  • Dobie76
    Dobie76 Posts: 17
    Options
    New here, but unlike with WW I'm logging everything. As everyone has pretty much said, every calorie adds up, but I still aim to get as many quality calories from my 5-7 fruit and veggie servings a day, up to 9 if I can hack it.