Do you log your fruits & veggies?

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I log my veg and don't eat fruit, but I think if I didn't bother logging my (non starchy) veg, my losses wouldnt be affected.
  • NewFrenchFemme
    NewFrenchFemme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I log my veg and don't eat fruit, but I think if I didn't bother logging my (non starchy) veg, my losses wouldnt be affected.

^^^ Me too ^^
  • blippers
    blippers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I log my fruit and higher starchy veg, but not the lower starchy veg or salad. Obviously always log the dressings too. .

But I always have a few hundred calories left over at the end of the day as I never quite manage to eat back my exercise calories, so I guess it balances out. I've lost 27lb with MFP so it's working for me at the moment. If I hit a few weeks of not losing I'd probably start logging everything until it started moving again, just to keep a closer eye on things.
  • carrie_lou
    Options
    Are you serious?

Who me?
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I was surprised to find out how much sugar in fruits. I have heard from people that the sugar in fruit is different than refined sugar. I count sugar so i log everything..
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I like tracking vitamin A and C, so you've gotta track your veggies for that!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I log everything. It keeps me on track and stops me underestimating (my portion control was a big factor in me getting fat)..

I find it useful to see how my vitamin requirements are being met which is something I've suspected is not as it should be for quite a while. Without tracking everything I'd still be convincing myself that I was getting enough Iron when in fact i was woefully low at the start
  • scjl132
    scjl132 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I log it all....no matter what I eat or drink. It helps me to realize the good consequences and the less than stellar consequences of my food/drink choices.
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat. I'm a little paranoid about going over my calorie limit every day, so logging everything I put into my mouth helps a lot.

Ditto
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Of course, why wouldn't I?
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    I log everything
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I log everything, but I see where you're coming from. If it encourages you to eat more fruits and veggies and you're still seeing good progress, go for it :flowerforyou:
  • winterswish
    winterswish Posts: 162
    Options
    Free?
    I log everything. I keep track of fiber and calcium on my diary, and veggies and fruits all have lots of glorious fiber, and many veggies have calcium. I want to know what I'm getting. I want to claim it. I want to be able to look back at my week of month and say "Look at that! There is is! There's my healthy choice right there."

So glad to see someone mention fiber. Calorie counting is great, but for my efforts I want to know I'm eating a decent amount of fiber, too. If I didn't log my fruits/veg I would be looking pretty sad!
  • timeformetofly
    timeformetofly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I log everything too. I take chia seed for fiber and it even has calories in it that I log.. and my flax seed too... so yes I log veggies, I don't eat fruit to high in carbs for me...
  • AshlieA96
    AshlieA96 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hahaha refugeee from weight watchers!!! Definately I log everything, or again what would be the point? This is a calorie counting site no? I mean fruits and veg seem to have alot of sugar and carbs well some.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I log it so I can see how many veggies I'm really eating. The reality is you need to see what you're eating and in what quantities...eating 10 bananas - too many - eating 10 sweet bell peppers - small ones - 60 calories - healthier. Basically, no calorie is free...
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Refugee from Weight Watchers, I see. Whatever works for you...but that apple has about a hundred calories.

Love this!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    If it helps you and you can still lose go for it, but remember fruits and veggies do have calories. They also have vitamins but it can be easy to eat a crapload of them with the incentive of that you won't log them.
  • Angelwing7575
    Options
    Same here!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I log every sip and bite. Vegetables and fruit are a huge part of my day. My diary would be just about empty if I didn't! Plus as others have said I look at my fiber, etc.