Here's some motivation: STOP WHINING

Options
I'm not sure what it is today, but I'm rather sick of the Whiners today. "I've been exercising and dieting for 2 months and I've only lost X pounds". Well, guess what? It took you 2 months to gain that amount of fat- but you want it to go away faster? STOP WHINING.

People give you constructive criticism, but you wanted soft and fluffy bull$hit? STOP WHINING.

Have you checked your bloodwork before you started this journey and then again now 2 months later to see the changes going on INSIDE your body? No? STOP WHINING.

How about instead of measuring the scale, you throw that piece of crap out your window and buy a scale (or get professionally measured) for body fat percentage instead? Or take measurements with a good old fashioned tape measure? No? STOP WHINING.

Sorry... needed to vent. Carry on.

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    eat healthy, exercise, feel good about yourself, and who cares about the rest
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    YESYESYESYES!
    Full of win :)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I have some to add to this....

Do you sacrifice that t.v. show for 30 minutes on an elliptical? No? STOP WHINING!
    Do you wake up early to get to the gym, so that you can get that workout in? No? STOP WHINING!
    Do you create some form of excuse when people offer you advise when you post, "Why isn't this working" threads? Yes? STOP WHINING!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Don't hold back, tell us what you really think.
  • nmansari
    nmansari Posts: 1
    Options
    BEST. POST. EVAR.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    It must be the last minute oh-no-summer-and-summer-clothes-are-not-to-far-away panic...
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Cool story
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It must be the last minute oh-no-summer-and-summer-clothes-are-not-to-far-away panic...

Add weddings to that as well.
  • MissJenova
    MissJenova Posts: 258
    Options
    This thread doesn't need much more than just the title. Love it
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what it is today, but I'm rather sick of the Whiners today. "I've been exercising and dieting for 2 months and I've only lost X pounds". Well, guess what? It took you 2 months to gain that amount of fat- but you want it to go away faster? STOP WHINING.

People give you constructive criticism, but you wanted soft and fluffy bull$hit? STOP WHINING.

Have you checked your bloodwork before you started this journey and then again now 2 months later to see the changes going on INSIDE your body? No? STOP WHINING.

How about instead of measuring the scale, you throw that piece of crap out your window and buy a scale (or get professionally measured) for body fat percentage instead? Or take measurements with a good old fashioned tape measure? No? STOP WHINING.

Sorry... needed to vent. Carry on.
    Stop whining about other peoples whining.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    lol this is great :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Its ok to vent. Its ok to whine. You just did.

Some of us need an outlet to scream. I speak from experience. Let them be. (And I say all this even though I've been guilty of being in similar situation as yourself)
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I find an occasional "venting session" to be quite cathartic. I felt very unmotivated this morning, and so I called my therapist and we had a really good chat.
    With love,
    Burt
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    But Dr. Oz says that whining burns off the equivalent weight of an elephant penis...
  • hoosiermama36
    Options
    Love it! Thinking the same thing today! Not just here at MFP but life in general. People seem to prefer to whine and complain then to just work on solving! I think that "venting" is overrated. Okay, mention it, brainstorm if you need to and then do something about it!

Great post!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I find an occasional "venting session" to be quite cathartic. I felt very unmotivated this morning, and so I called my therapist and we had a really good chat.
    With love,
    Burt

would smash
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    YESYESYESYES!
    Full of win :)

I'm full of wind....does that count?? :-D
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    No :angry: \m/
  • Foxxy18
    Foxxy18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Preach it!!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the whining, as long as people are gracious when other people try to help, by giving constructive feedback. Weight loss often takes longer than it should, according to the math, and it often involves uncomfortable changes in one's life.