Online Dating: The way to go or just plain desperate?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online and we've been married about 4.5 years now. I think the stigma around online dating is going away. People are starting to realize that technology has made the world a smaller, more accessible place. You can meet people from all over the world online. I think it's a bit silly to limit your prospects to only the people you come across in your day to day business. And really, it's no different from meeting someone anywhere else. Yes, someone you meet online could have any number of secrets they're not telling you. But so could someone you meet at the library, or at a bar. Just use common sense and get to know the person.
  • jlorscheider
    Options
    Met my husband online and couldn't be happier!
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My Experiences from Online dating have been interesting!
    Meet my now ex husband online and he couldn,t stop online dating even after we got married! Shocking ;)
    Suddenly Thinking...I even divorced him through a online service too..WOW suddenly seeing, i use the internet a lot!!

I,ve recently tried it again as i,m looking for Husband number 2 To marry over Skype and divorce, as i had a buy one get free divorce.
    I,ve been offered dates involving Baked Beans,I mean Baked Beans and he wasn,t even prepared to buy Heinz!!

In all seriousness, I think my seriousness puts guys off!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    People say there are more losers online than in "real" places, but then you watch the cops tackle some guy with a baggie of cocaine in his shoe at the mall and you realize losers are everywhere, as are winners. I'd say you have the same chance of finding quality people online as you do in the food court or anywhere else. Why ever not?