How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• JannerTone
    JannerTone Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have only just started this battle but intend to weigh, measure and photograph at the end of each month..........Roll on the 28th March.....lol
  • rc322
    rc322 Posts: 22
    Options
    I weigh everyday :) Helps me to keep on track, but everyone is different. I only log once a week though.
  • charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I used to do it everyday...but I would get down on myself if I went up...so now I do it every Monday morning when I get to work. I make sure to wear the same scrubs every moday and I know that it isn't what I have on.
  • loveasunnyday
    loveasunnyday Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. Everyday is only to see how different things I do and eat effect my weight. But I only mark down my weight once a week. I am always honest be it a loss or a gain.

edited to change my misspelled word affect or effect...errr I'm not sure which one I use there. =]
  • loveasunnyday
    loveasunnyday Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. Weigh everyday. Record once a week.
  • bigfatbino
    bigfatbino Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    everyday, first thing in the morning.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and keep it charted on my calendar... I can track my small changes that way. I only record here though once I've seen a consistent weight loss.
  • amie290478
    amie290478 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Once a week, every saturday morning
  • TaureanWoman
    TaureanWoman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I need to put it away or something.

actually this is a good idea. i am becoming obsessive with weighing :(
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Once a month whether I like it nor not. I also take measurements at this time. The scale (unfortunately) has a great impact on my mood and I can't deal with the daily fluctuations.

I have learned to judge by how I feel and how my clothes feel... The scale is not the only indicator nor should it be :)
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday morning unless I'm out of town.
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Depends. If you weigh yourself every day, you can sort of track how various factors affect your weight (e.g., salt, exercise, sleep, mood). On the other hand, it can be really disappointing since weight doesn't normally come off that quickly. I go with twice a week (Monday and Thursday). I found it to be the happy medium.
  • Ajellyfish77
    Ajellyfish77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    once a week. I find I lose about 1lb a week and it keeps me motivated. Also I set small goals. Like I want to lose almost 2oolbs total but if I look at it that way it is impossible. If I look at it as I want to lose 4lbs and that will bring me into a new catagory...it feels more successful.
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I weigh nearly every day, only to see how different foods/drinks/activities make my body react. I log my weight once a week, whether it's a gain or loss. ALWAYS honest so I can see an honest picture of what my choices mean for my overall success.

I also log several measurements on the same day I log my weight. Neck, bust, waist, hips, thighs, calfs, arms, BMI, BMR, body fat %, weekly fitbit step totals to name a few.
  • clhutch76
    clhutch76 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Once a week...same time, same day.
  • LazyGuy91
    LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Usually every 4-5 weeks. I set a goal and then check myself a couple times between weigh-ins to make sure I'm on track. I've noticed that weighing myself too often is a motivation killer!
  • sarahxcx
    sarahxcx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and record every Saturday morning.
  • BridgeKiki
    Options
    I weigh myself on the Wii game every morning. I want to see my .4 or .2 lost. It brings me such a smile on my face.
  • srgtbiggles
    srgtbiggles Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    At first, every day. But that was frustrating. So I try to do it once a week, although sometimes I can't help checking in between! Lol
  • NisaB
    NisaB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people who cannot stay off of the scale. Every morning- and generally log on Friday. I am trying to move to once a week only. Going to hide my scale. :)