1 year on MFP+NROL4W+40lb Lost (Pics)

DrMAvDPhD
DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
Last week marked my one year anniversary of logging onto MFP and happened to coincide with finishing the "New Rules of Lifting for Women" Program! I am soooo happy with the changes I've made to my life and body this last year! A big thanks to all my friends on here for the inspiration, encouragement, and commiseration - - I couldn't have done it without you!

Let me start with a short back story (short because I know you're all here for the pics). I am 5'5" but have scoliosis and would be around 5'8" without it. My highest weight was around 165, and I'm currently around 127-130. I started off the WRONG way, eating 1200 calories and thinking that I was fine. After about 15 pounds rather quickly, I discovered the forums and upped my calories. I lost the next 15 pounds eating 1600-1800 calories and lost at the same rate. Got down close to goal weight and didn't really like what I was seeing sans-clothes, so I started the NROL4W. For the next 6 months I ate around 2100 and saw huge body changes and no scale changes. I decided to lose a little more and for 2 months I ate around 1900 calories and lost maybe 3 more pounds and completed NROL4W. When I was at my highest weight I was barely squeezing into size 12s, when I started lifting I was wearing size 8s (2 pant sizes 25 pound difference), and after lifting I'm now wearing mostly 4s (2 sizes, 3 pounds!)

Okay here's the important stuff!

Highest weight and last week, same dress
before%252Baftersamedress.png

Before/After NROL4W, Front
8%2520months%2520front.png

Before/After NROL4W, Back
8%2520months%2520back.png

Before/After NROL4W, Side
8%2520months%2520side.png

Oh, did I mention I love yoga??
602114_746363684501_744973461_n.jpg

Replies

• sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Wow! Smokin before and after! Awesome job - Congrats!
  • amazing...you look fantastic....and the yoga suits you...congrats Hun
  • vesperpt
    vesperpt Posts: 44 Member
    WOW! I know what a difference heavy lifting can make, but I'm always so surprised and amazed when I see it compared side by side. Congratulations!
    I'm trying to get up the nerve to start NROLFW after reading the book, but I get so nervous thinking about going to the gym by myself and just gettin' in there with everyone already lifting.
    Your post had great timing. :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    wonderful job
  • Kazjak14
    Kazjak14 Posts: 16 Member
    Wow! Your pictures are amazing! Congratulations
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Awesome joB!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    WOW! I know what a difference heavy lifting can make, but I'm always so surprised and amazed when I see it compared side by side. Congratulations!
    I'm trying to get up the nerve to start NROLFW after reading the book, but I get so nervous thinking about going to the gym by myself and just gettin' in there with everyone already lifting.
    Your post had great timing. :)

Do it! The only reason anyone will be staring is if they are impressed! And if you are nervous, you can always go super early in the morning, when there is less competition for equipment and less people to see :wink:

I was pretty embarrassed to put my Before side picture up, but it really does show the differences the best!
  • That's amazing and really inspiring. Maybe I'll give that another shot. :D
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 155 Member
    Congratulations! You look and must FEEL wonderful! This post couldn't have come at a better time, as I am starting a new lifting program this week and need all the inspiration I can get. :-)

To versperpt: please don't be intimidated by the other people who are lifting at the gym. They were beginners once, too, and most likely will be too busy with their own workouts to sit there and analyze yours. Good luck!
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Wow you look amazing!! What a massive inspiration well done x
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Wow! Love how your shape tightened up. Very inspiring:)
  • Catwoman1037
    Catwoman1037 Posts: 102 Member
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the yoga pic!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    You look GREAT! Hooray for lifting and eating the food! :flowerforyou:
  • Xianpu27
    Xianpu27 Posts: 70 Member
    Oh my goodness... thank you for sharing your story with us! You look so strong and beautiful - I'm on stage one of NROL4W and this has given me so much hope for the results I can achieve.

Well done :flowerforyou:
  • red9812
    red9812 Posts: 85 Member
    You look fabulous! I have NROL4W on hold at the library, super excited to pick it up tonight!!
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou: :love:

What I think is just so freaking incredible about your before and afters is the difference in your spine! It just further shows the benefits of heavy lifting! Your body is so much stronger it can better hold you up right. And that's true for everyone - just more apparent with someone with a curved spine! I have twisted hips and have always suffered because of it - until LIFTING entered my life. Your pics are truly worth a thousand words girl!

SO PROUD OF YOU!
  • you look AMAZING! Wow!
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    yay!! you are so awesome! what an incredible change! i totally look at pics of you and think - that's where i want to be a year from now! so glad your my mfp friend!!
  • You look great! Killer dress, btw!
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Last week, striped dress = win.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!