MFP not helping or showing support, just being rude!

Options

Replies

• Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    i completly agree with all of this. i have been judged and have had comments made to me about my lack of food and nutrition knowledge by nutrition nerds, and also have had vile comments off of some girls on here over the way i look.
    end of the day, we're all on here for the same reason. they wouldnt say half of this stuff to your face if they saw you in person. its just cowards hiding behind a keyboard at the end of the day.

People were rude about they way you look? Are the drunk? I see nothing wrong with your looks, but that's just me I guess.
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

People were rude about they way you look? Are the drunk? I see nothing wrong with your looks, but that's just me I guess.
    [/quote]

aww thanks hun! Yep, ive had some nasty comments! But thats just pettyness at the end of the day!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    . I'm tired of your so-called "old timers" acting like they own the place and give demeaning responses to threads they shouldn't even bother answering.

People should remember the old saying, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". If you don't agree with something, you can say it in a polite manner.

Demeaning responses being..."No." Or "That won't work." Or "Try the search function, there is more information there than I can convey to you in a single post."???

Because that's what I see people getting upset about. It's ridiculous.

Seriously, if I become an "old timer" on here I'm going to shoot myself in the face.

Right!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, right?? Cause, wouln't it be better to shoot yourself in the face than have reached all of your fitness goals? Like, ZOMG, these old farts on here!! Why can't we all just be starting out on our journeys?!

seriously, who wants to achieve fitness goals ..that is only for losers and 2000 + posters....
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    ^^^6:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ^
    All of page 14 ...... Didn't want to be rude a Quote the whole page. That would have made all of Page 15>
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Don't let people on the boards discourage you. Do your best and focus on what works best for you. There is some good information here for sure but unfortunately, it's not all positive, all the time.

At the end of the day, anything negative you hear here is just from a stranger on the internet....brush it off.

Very true Beef, she just needs people like us on her team huh !! :smile:
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    . I'm tired of your so-called "old timers" acting like they own the place and give demeaning responses to threads they shouldn't even bother answering.

People should remember the old saying, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". If you don't agree with something, you can say it in a polite manner.

Demeaning responses being..."No." Or "That won't work." Or "Try the search function, there is more information there than I can convey to you in a single post."???

Seriously, if I become an "old timer" on here I'm going to shoot myself in the face.

Right!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, right?? Cause, wouln't it be better to shoot yourself in the face than have reached all of your fitness goals? Like, ZOMG, these old farts on here!! Why can't we all just be starting out on our journeys?!

It has nothing to do with you having been here a short time or a long time, having met your goals or still striving to reach them - point is that if you are annoyed by repeated questions, leave it to someone else to help, ignore that question. There are TONS of forums on here and TONS of successful people on here. I PROMISE if you don't want to answer in a helpful manner, some one who does, will. YOU are not the only success story on here.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    And on the flip side , there are a load of stickied threads above for Newbies to read, so that they understand how MFP is designed to work.

And a search function.

I would recommend any new people to take the time to read those stickies, and also try searching first before asking a question, as many of the rude answers are because old timers are fed up of seeing the same questions repeated time and time again.

So if people do a bit of reasearch, they can find their answer without getting a "WTF not this question again!!", which could put them off asking next time they have a question.

There is no excuse for being rude and speaking down to someone.
    If you go to the forum and see a topic that bores you...you have no obligation whatsoever to click on it. If you feel the need to click on it in order to make a snarky comment...you really should pass it by.

BTW.....what and where are the "stickies" ?
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. I am hear to gain knowledge, and learn to live a healthier lifestyle, not put up with rude remarks. Just ignore them th ebest that you can.

Been here for a year, and down 25.

Go get 'em.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    i completly agree with all of this. i have been judged and have had comments made to me about my lack of food and nutrition knowledge by nutrition nerds, and also have had vile comments off of some girls on here over the way i look.

Seriously? I'm guessing they just want to look like you. I've dealt with my fair share of 'blond and big boobs, must be dumb' in my life.

I still think this place is sunshine and skittles compared to other forums. The folks at Let's Run would eat these threads alive.
  • AQ3107
    AQ3107 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I finished work.
    Walked three miles home.
    Cooked dinner.
    Went out for a 8k run.
    And you guys are still going on.
    Standing ovation to all of you.
    Am dead impressed.

But then again I am perfect.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Right!!!!!!!!!!!

It has nothing to do with you having been here a short time or a long time, having met your goals or still striving to reach them - point is that if you are annoyed by repeated questions, leave it to someone else to help, ignore that question. There are TONS of forums on here and TONS of successful people on here. I PROMISE if you don't want to answer in a helpful manner, some one who does, will. YOU are not the only success story on here.

so when someone is beating a dead horse we can't say that....

what is this nazi germany?
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I ignore the people that are rude. I have surrounded myself with "friends" that support me and give me encouragement. I hope you find a group of people that will support you and give you encouragement.

Add me, if you'd like.

This! And feel free to add me, too!
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options

f.e on this section of message boards thread :http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition is stickied. Fact it's stickied is signified by the little pin mark next to it . They are usualy on top of the page and well worth the read, more often than not they will anwser, or link you towards the anwser for your question :D

EDIT:
    This thread is faster than light oO
  • MstngSammy
    Options
    I just don't understand why all the "old timers" have to even respond to these overly asked questions. You don't "own" these boards just because you have 2,000+ posts under your belt. When I first started I didnt realize there was a search option. (Yes, I didn't look very hard.) If people would just respond to these questions with a suggestion to do a search for the answer instead of their snide, snarky, "i'm so cool cuz I have posted 2,000xs" answers, the newbies wouldn't get this negative impression.

so your saying if you have 1000 + posts you can't reply to threads? Real nice...

I said 2000+...but I guess 1000+ works too, as you have proved.

wait, I am mean because I replied to your wise *kitten* thread??? I wish I could live in that universe....

Additionally, I was not the one who proposed segregation of "old timers"....wouldn't you want advice from people who have had success?

Yes we would like comments and advice from experienced people aka old timers....not smarta##edness. BIG DIFFERENCE!
  • MstngSammy
    Options

f.e on this section of message boards thread :http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition is stickied. Fact it's stickied is signified by the little pin mark next to it . They are usualy on top of the page and well worth the read, more often than not they will anwser, or link you towards the anwser for your question :D

EDIT:

You're not joking....zzzoooommmmm:bigsmile:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

EDIT:

OMG, why do you have to be so rude, all she did was ask a simple question and you had to make her feel stupid and be a bully!! If you didn't have anything nice to say, why did you even respond?**

**Tatiayanya, this is some very good helpful advice you posted and was given in a polite manner to help the questioner. But I'm playing devils advocate here in my response and feel the need to post this disclaimer for those that may not get what I did! I am in no way serious by posting this response, but this is the exact sort of thing we see daily from people that complain about rudeness on MFP.
  • MstngSammy
    Options
    The original post that sparked this topic was not a repeat, repeat, repeat question. It was merely someone asking for success stories.....

However....opinions and snarky comments ensued and it ended up as much much more. Last post I read was someone being offended because the other didn't like their CAR....lol seriously?
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    How I feel about the forums (and this post in particular):

3rsw8o.jpg
  • MstngSammy
    Options

EDIT:

OMG, why do you have to be so rude, all she did was ask a simple question and you had to make her feel stupid and be a bully!! If you didn't have anything nice to say, why did you even respond?**

**Tatiayanya, this is some very good helpful advice you posted and was given in a polite manner to help the questioner. But I'm playing devils advocate here in my response and feel the need to post this disclaimer for those that may not get what I did! I am in no way serious by posting this response, but this is the exact sort of thing we see daily from people that complain about rudeness on MFP.

I didn't find her rude at all.

But I do see the smartassedness starting again. Why is it even necessary? Bored at home? To much time on your hands? Working out not giving you the self confidence you need so you troll the forums for a pump me up?

:drinker:

To hell with you people. You have succeeded in scaring off several newbies today for fear they will be bashed by arrogant a##holes!
  • MstngSammy
    Options
    I ignore the people that are rude. I have surrounded myself with "friends" that support me and give me encouragement. I hope you find a group of people that will support you and give you encouragement.

Add me, if you'd like.

This! And feel free to add me, too!

The encouragement won't come from this thread.
This discussion has been closed.