65 pounds gone. Happy Birthday to me! (with pics)

Options

Replies

• rosemariet1956
    Options
    Happy birthday, and CONGRATULATIONS you look fantastic !!!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    wow awesome work... thanks for sharing.. you look amazing.
  • Bgolden1122
    Options
    Fabulous story, thanks for sharing:)
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to you!!! You look amazing!! .. (if a little crazy with the polar plunge) lol Keep up the great work!! :drinker:
  • elkrisle
    elkrisle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you look phenomenal! Happy Birthday!!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Great job!!!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Holyyyyyyyy crap :)
    I have no idea what that is supposed to mean, but I'm going to assume it's good :wink: So thanks
    You guys are all amazing. Thanks for all of your support and friend requests. The more the merrier.
  • TheGreatYaYa
    TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!! What a great thing you have done for yourself....keep up the good work and Happy Belated Birthday!
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm also a MN girl :) feel free to add me! :) we're the same height and about the same weight right now.
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    great work!! You look fantastic, keep it up!
  • lovesunlight
    lovesunlight Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thank you for the motivation! You look happy and healthy! congratulations!!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Yesterday was my birthday. My best present was knowing that I've lost 65 pounds in the past 11 months.
    I made some promises to myself yesterday and I'm telling everyone so that I have to keep them. Here goes:
    I will stop telling myself how far I have to go and be proud that I've made it this far.
    I will stop making self-deprecating jokes.
    I will accept people's compliments and not qualify them.
    I will just go for things. It doesn't matter if I'm scared or not quite ready.
    I will trust what people say I look like. I can't see it myself, but I will believe my friends when they tell me I look different.

Okay, background info: I am 5'4" and 27 years old. I've been overweight since I was about 15. Last year I hit a high weight of 240 pounds. I haven't been under 200 pounds for about 6 years. Now I am down to 175.
    So, here are the pics I promised!

This is me at 240 pounds. This picture is from a trip I took to San Francisco and was the catalyst to my weight loss. I couldn't believe I looked this big.
    DdMuuaXl.jpg

This is me last week after my 5k and Polar Plunge. In case you're ever wondering, lakes are still really cold in March in Minnesota :-)
    xCNAkovl.jpg

Next step for me is the Rugged Maniac in June. Expect to see muddy, smiling pics. Possibly some injuries, but definitely smiles :-)

You look GREAT!!! Very motivational and inspiring. I am seriously thinking of doing a polar plunge next year (I'm in MN also) and a few 5k's this year and next year. Good luck on your continued success!
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    First off I want to say you look great! Well done. Second you are the same weight I was when I started and I have only lost 20 something pounds... you give me inspiration.
  • bambi2578
    bambi2578 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!! You look fabulous! Great job and such inspiration and motivation! Thanks for sharing :)
  • AEgs48
    AEgs48 Posts: 1
    Options
    You look fantastic! Such inspiration, keep up the good work! Happy Birthday! (:
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    wtg!!!!
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME and sooooo Happy!!! Nothing tastes better than fit!!
  • keeker77
    keeker77 Posts: 1
    Options
    You look amazing, and you did inspire me! Happy Birthday!!
  • wendyjane75
    wendyjane75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic - and so happy! Keep up the good work!
  • tesorensen
    Options
    I just started the plan!!! Thanks for the motivation to keep going!!! GREAT JOB!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!