New Study: Processed Meats

Options
12346»

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    my point was that you can't prove causation, you can only collect a bunch of correlative data which makes it highly likely there's causation.

Oh. I see.

Well, your point is wrong. After all.... you're "not a scientist."

I'm pretty sure David Hume is well respected though? EDIT: (and yes I know he was a philosopher. lol)

anyway, my editorial was meant as a hypothesis, i'm sorry if you took it as a conclusion. let's move on.

I hypothesize that increased amounts of processed meat make your penis bigger based on this study.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs are bad for you?

I suppose next you're going to tell me that cigarettes and heavy drinking are too?
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll tell my Italian grandparents who are over 90 and cancer free to stop eating so much sausage, pepperoni and salami.

Genetics.

Yes, genetics is part of the equation, but we have a great deal of ability to influence the expression of those genes---that is about which the whole field of epigenetics is concerned.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the study cuz I don't eat that crap anyway. Processed meats like hot dogs and sausages, etc. taste like *kitten* to me and don't sit well with my digestive tract. But more power to the people who love them. I make my own sausage using leaner cuts of meat and poultry like turkey, along with fresh herbs and spices. Much tastier and without all the less-than-choice animal bits, sickening chemicals, bizarre additives and overload of saturated fats. I highly recommend "processing" your own meat.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend "processing" your own meat.

It's much more fun when someone else does that for you AMIRITE??
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    And a thread that could have included an interesting discussion about one study comes completely off the rails because the OP reads too much into that study and refuses to back down. I still like the part of the study that excludes hamburgers as "processed meats." Meh, I'll re-read the study later and discuss it privately.
    That never happens.