What doesn't count??

Options
124»

Replies

• smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I forget to log zero-calorie stevia packets. Other than that, everything counts.

Edit: ...and salt-free seasonings like blends or herbs.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I don't log peanut butter. It's only about 200 cals per serving, so...
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I don't log 0 calorie items and I don't log my exercise.
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I log if i accidentally smelled a cookie. i log .001 cookie.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Too funny!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I don't log 0-calorie condiments (some mustard, sambal oelek), or calisthenics that would show up as "Strength" training.
  • Boringdoug
    Boringdoug Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything. I used to not log hot sauce when I first started, but I have been trying to lower my sodium intake so I started logging that too. Sometimes if I see people exercising on tv I log that. I figure they probably weren't going to use the extra calories anyway.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I usually don't log veggies. I can eat whatever amount of veggies I want =)
    I usually have fruits 2x a day and sometimes will not count them or maybe one of them. It's just fruits right? I'm not going to eat 5 apples in a day and not count it, but I don't think I'll gain weight by eating two portions of fruits a day.

I just had an apple because I was about to grab nutella... Guess the apple is healthier, even with the carbs/fruits.
  • socalsweetheart87
    socalsweetheart87 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't log medicines,supplements, or something i have to take for health reasons. For example cough drops or cranberry juice.... its horrible enough that i need them lol. But i do choose lower calorie options of those.

I don't log gum or spices and i don't measure precisely things like lettuce and celery, because its lettuce and celery... but everything else is measured and weighed.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options

I just added salt to my logging and it's definitely an eye opener. I looked back at previous weeks and I've just shot that row into the red quite often. I was appalled to discover my Jimmy Johns pickle had 2314 grams of salt and MFP gives me 2500. I think I ended up drinking extra water as I read that. For me, it was surprising to see sodium pop up in things I didn't really think had it, or had much.

Still in the red a lot, but working on it.

Well, I've just set it to track and had a quick look at the reports for 7, 30 and 90 days. Seems like my normal intake is below 1,000 mg, with an occasional to under 1,500 mg and a rare 2,000+ , which I think probably coincides with Japanese nights.

And I thought I tended to use quite a lot, well, compared to my mother, who prefers foods to have absolutely no taste or texture, unless it's of fat or sugar.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee, or the 2 tbsp of fat free half and half that I use each morning (I don't top up the creamer when I refill). It's 20 calories and I just didn't at the start, so I stuck with that. But if I have coffee elsewhere later in the day, I'll log any cream or milk.
    I don't log water or vitamins. I don't log sugar-free gum. But that's it, really.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I do not log supplements. I know there are some but I don't care what 50 tops per day tops. I am at a deficit enough. My goal for March was to measure alcohol I was kinda cheating there calling a shot an ounce.:drinker:
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't log my water.
    I don't log my occasional diet sodas.
    I don't log vitamins.
    Mostly because these things have no calories and logging them would be a pain in my side.

I also don't log stevia or artificial sweeteners if I put them in tea or coffee.
    And I don't log unsweetened tea or coffee as I am under the impression that they themselves do not have calories.

That's about it. Oh, and I do occasionally have a day where it's impossible for me to log something because I don't have a smart phone or any other internet access. I try to write it down and put it in later, but life happens...
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Pretty much don't bother with anything having less than about 15 calories or so - low cal veggies,condiments, sweeteners, etc. Hey I could use that time exercising, right? LOL
  • ceciliam23
    ceciliam23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Record EVERYTHING. Mustard, spices and a nibble here or there, it can adds up to hundreds of calories over the course of a week, which can translate into weight gain in the long term. It's best to clock everything, so that you don't unintentionally lie to yourself about how much you are eating. That sort of corner cutting is the way that people easily sabotage their own weight loss. People have a tendency to vastly underestimate the amount of snacking they do. The point of a food diary is to assess what you are doing in an honest manner. How can one do that if they don't keep track of all of it? The devil is in the details.
  • brighteyes124
    brighteyes124 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    wow, this has inspired me to log everything! I'm pretty bad at not logging things like salsa, ketchup, mustard. etc. I'm also guilty of stopping logging once my day gets too "bad'. This is obviously not helping my weight loss cause! I think I'm going to try and log every bite I eat until May 10th (I'm going away on a trip and want to drop a few lbs before then). That should give me a clear indication of where my trouble areas are.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Oops, I lied. I don't log my multi-vitamin or my B12.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee, tea, the occasional diet soda, my multivitamin...I also don't log gum.

I use a teaspoon of fat free milk and 1.5 teaspoons of fat free creamer in my coffee sweetened with stevia - it about 11 total calories.